Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Stupid 10 amusement *rides* to shit yourself on

1. Insanity, the Ride

This crazy ride hangs you off the Stratosphere in Las Vegas, 909 feet above ground. “A massive mechanical arm extends 64 feet over the edge of the Tower and spins you at a force of 3 Gs.” At that height, you could vomit and then shout “look at below” before it finally hits an unsuspecting child.

2 X Scream

This is another one at the Stratosphere (because rides that are on top of a building are damn right scary!). This enormous see-saw of a ride puts you 27 feet over the tower’s edge. Here, you’ll be 866 feet above the ground. Just try not to sit in the front seat, ’cause you don’t really want the to be in the route of the projectile vomit of the folks sitting in back of you.

3. The Vomitron

To be fair, it would be hard to find anyone to keep their lunch down after this ride. But the stars of the Footy Show, Fatty and Chief, did wear shirts that called them “Dare Devil.” Still lost it.

4 The “Vomit” Ride

Now, we’re not quite sure the true name of this ride. But Vomit Ride seems to fit.
    Picture this: You have been up all night after dancing all day to a bunch of cool bands at the Leeds Festival.
    So now you’re not into the bands that are playing. Should you go sleep? Wash up? Be brave and face the horror of using a festival toilet (which can make you vomit) or go on a Vomit Ride and be chucked about the place?
    Of course.

5 The Ali Baba?

Not 100 percent sure, but I think this is what’s known as the Ali Baba. It has a massive turbine that allows it to power itself to make people vomit. Almost as if it wants to make you hurl.

6 The Zipper

The Zipper is basically a ferris wheel on steroids. It spins everything in every way.Wwhy anyone would want to go on this I do not know.
    I feel ill just watching this.

7 The Griffon Coaster

At Busch Gardens Europe, this very well may be the scariest roller coaster anywhere. What doesn’t this ride have?
    It carries riders up 205 feet, plunges them down at a 90 degree angle at 75 mph. For starters. It also has two Immelman loops (those are inverse diving loops named for the German World War I flying ace). The track is half a mile long, has a 130-foot second dive, a splash through water and has a 360 degree climbing carousel (that’s a circle). Oh, and did we mention the trains have no floors?

8 The Big One

Officially dubbed the Pepsi Max Big One, one of Europe’s tallest roller coasters is atBlackpool Pleasure Beach.
    It has the riders looking down on a major road making you feel like you’re going to plummet into someone’s car. Not a good feeling. Neither is the hour-old hot dog you just tasted again.

9 The Thrill Ride Dragster

At Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, this one is probably the fastest on the list.
    It hits about 120 mph and is over almost before you could even vomit.
    Here’s its stats:
    • 420-foot lift
    • 400 foot vertical drop
    • 2,800-f00t track
    • 270-degree twist on descent
    • With six 18-passenger trains, it serves about 1,500 riders per hour.
    That’s a lot of puke potential.

10 The Gravity Max

At Discovery World in Taiwan, the Gravity Max looks as if it’s never been finished.
    A “tilt coaster,” the ride goes 56 mph and lasts 2 minutes, 26 seconds. With a force of 3.5Gs, it takes you through one inversion on an 88-foot-tall loop.
    A thought: Never, EVER sit at the front on this ride. Not unless you want 20 people’s vomit hitting the back of your head.
    Last edited by kracken; 10th August 2009 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 10 amusement *rides* to shit yourself on

I went on number 4 at Creamfields a few years ago. Class ride. Went on it in the morning when the sun came up and the lads left us on there for ages and found it really funny when we started turning green.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Went to thorpe park a few weeks back and i was absolutely shitting myself just before stealth so cannot imagine how bad id be if i went on dragster lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some of them looked wicked!!

Loved to have seen the downward view from the first vid as
    the camera pionting straight at it makes it look abit tame...

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah remember the number 4 at creamfields that was mad....
    Special K+ enjoyed as a healthy breakfast!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went to the Stratosphere and stood next to those first two - Im chicken shit with these rides so I didnt go on them, but these looked proper scary as your so high up.

There was another ride there when I went - Think its called bigshot. It shot you upwards into the air and FAST - It looked the worse to me just looking up at it. You end up about 1000ft up! Crazy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sure ive been on number 4 aswell, Global Gathering a few years ago.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dalboy View Post
    I went to the Stratosphere and stood next to those first two - Im chicken shit with these rides so I didnt go on them, but these looked proper scary as your so high up.

There was another ride there when I went - Think its called bigshot. It shot you upwards into the air and FAST - It looked the worse to me just looking up at it. You end up about 1000ft up! Crazy.
    Yeah, its like the playstation at blackpool pleasure beach but on top of the strat. We flew over it and the rides looked wicked. Never ended up going up there on foot though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Done the ones on the ones in vegas... shitting myself just remembering!

Thanks
    Karma Level

the 1 in Blackpool just went tit's up & that is a shame for the loss of life
    but me = Cunt thought if you have never been on it you would just think it's
    part of the ride & that is a cool way to die (IMO) quite scary how my fucked up mind works tbh

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by C3Grimmy View Post
    part of the ride & that is a cool way to die (IMO) quite scary how my fucked up mind works tbh
    The wooden one had the problem , not the "Big One" (or whatever the f00k its called) thats in the vid above

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by C3Grimmy View Post
    Who died?

No fucker...around 20 people injured thats all!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8196617.stm
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington