Close

Thread: G I Joe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question G I Joe

I was a massive fan of gi joe as a kid and was really looking forward to seeing this film and it was a great action movie but was let down by how predictable it was and it is similar to loads of action movies. It was a very visually apealing film and the shots of the eiffel tower being eaten by nanomachines was great and the chase leading up to it looked amazing the effects where top of the range. The storyline did a good job of building the charcters and if you had never heard of gi joe before you would still be able to enjoy the film as you do find out about the characters background as the film goes along. Seeing snake eyes and shadow storm on screen was great and they were some excellent fight scene between them. Over all a really enjoyable film that would of been a great film if it was not so similar to 100s of other films in terms of the story.
    Last edited by trueblue924; 12th August 2009 at 08:39 PM.
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: G I Joe

I watched this last night, tbh, had no idea who G.I.Joe was apart from some US version of action man, that's about as much as I knew about them. I was expecting lots of action and crazy comic book style tomfoolery, and that's exactly what I got.

Great effects, great sound, lots of jumping around and shooting things, can't go wrong if you like that kind of thing. I felt the movie dragged on a little at times, they should have cut out about 20 minutes of it I think, or at least put 20 minutes of just Sienna Miller instead

Overall, worth watching if you like no-brainer action movies.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did anyone see the trailer with the Eiffel Tower falling and cars blowing up and think "Team America" but for all the wrong reasons?
    IT people slash forward.

Also, lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched this last night, very live action Team Amercia style film, Americans blowing shit up all over the world.. Good action scenes ( must of spent a fortune on CGI ) and storyline was not too bad. Everyone was reminded we were about to watch a film based on toy soldiers at the beginning with shameless plug of new GI Joe Jeep

One thing made me laugh though.....

Spoiler:
    Rex standing up declaring "It's Time for the Rise of The Cobra" and within 30secs the man's in prison lol....

Social Networking Bookmarks