Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help need help on *view THE BOX.

help requierd a freind of mine has invested in a starview the box he curently gets cable internet down his line wot he pays for,but when we unplug the cable modem and plug *veiw in and turn it on it picks nothing up the signal is ZERO,,so we take it to my house ware i have the same set up as him and i live about half a mile away we unplug my modem plug *view THE BOX in plug it in the tv power it up and every thing works fine. so can anybody tell me wy i can get it working fine on my line but dosent pick up nothing on his line but his cable braudband works fine its as if his cable is dead,,,but it aint because he gets his internet down it...
    thanks... baz.
    Last edited by bazza8530; 19th August 2009 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: need help on starview THE BOX. ntl.

Welcome to DF, I notice your first post seems to be an interesting one, are you suggesting you wish to circumvent paying a service provider for a service they provide and thus wish us to instill your brain with said information ?

PS PLEASE READ THE RULES - [Digital TV & Satellite TV Forum Access & Use Policy]

[HELP] need help on starview THE BOX. ntl. !!!

Digital TV & Satellite TV Forum Access & Use Policy

1) This is a Zero Tolerance Policy, NO other warnings will be given or issued and violations of this Policy, will result in an immediate and permanent ban.

2) Do not mention a satellite or cable provider by their Trading Name, Advertised Name or Commonly Referred To Name.

3) Do not post any files, unless you are posting a link to a server not connected with Digital Forums. If Digital Forums removes such link, it will do so without explanation, warning or recourse and the link should not be re-posted.

4) Do not post any images of any proprietary PCB or product, without the express permission of the copyright/trademark/licence holders written permission. Then post a link to a copy of that permission in the FIRST line of the post.

5) If in doubt, Don’t do it. Send a Private Message to one of the section Moderators and await their reply.

6) All information offered by members, is offered of their own free will and without authentication by Digital Forums or it’s owners. Furthermore, all information offered is done so as a way to educate people as to the legal possibilities and to further enhance the general education of members of the Digital Forum.

7) Digital Forums, it’s Moderators, Super Moderators, Administrators or Owners in no way condone or applaud the Illegal use of any Proprietary product or service.

8) Digital Forums is a free and open public forum and in some way is reliant upon the support and co-operation of it’s members in their ‘posting’ efficacy.
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010