Close

Thread: Ramadan Karim!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ramadan Karim!

Just want to be the first to say Ramadan Karim to all the Muslim members. I really respect your strength and fortitude to be fasting in the height of summer, I don't think I could do it (no food or drink from 4am to 8pm).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ramadan Karim!

I also applaud them.

Just one thing though.. I see many Muslims training at the gym. How would they combat fatigue? surely not eating during the day? taking protein shakes after workouts will affect them considerably.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they're fucking mad, starving themselves over a bunch of fairy tales. Sorry, but get real. Its tantamount to me hanging out my stocking on Xmas Eve and hoping it gets filled by Father Christmas.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Talking of Fairy tales ..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    hanging out my stocking on Xmas Eve and hoping it gets filled by Father Christmas.
    Personally i think fair play to them, takes alot of discipline to do Ramadan. maybe if you have experienced it, you might give them a little

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think nowadays alot of people choose if they want to fast. where as before there was more pressure to fast.

majority of them do fast but i have noticed alot more of the younger generation not bothering anymore. I have no problem with that, everyone has a choice.

i think the gym goers are probably not fasting if their working. i barely have enough energy to have a very gentle stroll!

to be honest im not looking forward to the long time between not eating but hey ho after the first few days it gets alot easier.

It's not just no eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset, no smoking, cant have unpure thoughts, no conjugal relations.

fasting is deferred if your a woman on her period, breast feeding mother-where fasting will result in the harm of you or your child, traveller on a journey of more than 3 days, or a person whose health is likely to deteriate over fasting.

you need to make up the number of fasts you missed after ramadan.

for old people who cant fast, the person is required to give charity equivalent to the value of 2 meals per day for every fast.

just some info some people might find interesting.....

Titanium

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's going to difficult for the next few years as the daylight hours are longer, for those that are confused the islamic calender works on lunar months, hence every year is 354 or so days instead of 365 days, which means the fasting month begins 10 days earlier each year.

When my parents first came to this country 30 years ago they kept these long fasts, and also had to work. They didn't have cushy jobs like working in a office, it was something like working in factories, sewing, etc etc and yet they still managed.

This month for us isn't just about fasting, a lot of charity is given to poor people all around the world.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they're fucking mad, starving themselves over a bunch of fairy tales. Sorry, but get real. Its tantamount to me hanging out my stocking on Xmas Eve and hoping it gets filled by Father Christmas.
    With all due respect BBK, this is a thread for people to share their good wishes with Muslims who may be fasting. There are other threads on the futility of religion, God delusion, opiate of the masses etc..

Thanks
    Karma Level

The best bit is for those non Muslims working in Muslim countries, is that they get to finish work at 2pm for a month, with no change in pay!
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

2pm, blimey thats late............. come to think of it hold on.........look at this picture..... let me know what you see wrong about the office!
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does that mean that muslims in New Zealand have it easier because it's Winter there?

Thanks
    Karma Level

My best wishes for Ramadan hope it goes easy for all those who partake and they get the full benefit of this extremely holy month.
    Full respect to all the faithful who endure this hardship to get life back into perspective
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cassy34 View Post
    Does that mean that muslims in New Zealand have it easier because it's Winter there?
    Swings and roundabouts because in a few more years they will be fasting in Summer. As Undertaker said, Ramadan goes back by about 10 days every year.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    With all due respect BBK, this is a thread for people to share their good wishes with Muslims who may be fasting. There are other threads on the futility of religion, God delusion, opiate of the masses etc..
    So? I don't see why I should sit back on a public forum and not express my disbelief that people are stupid enough to deny themselves the fundamental fuel for daily life on the say so of fairy tales. Its utter madness.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So? I don't see why I should sit back on a public forum and not express my disbelief that people are stupid enough to deny themselves the fundamental fuel for daily life on the say so of fairy tales. Its utter madness.
    As I said, I started the thread to wish Muslims a successful month of Ramadan.

Do you ever wish friends and family a Merry Christmas, if so, Why? Christ wasn't even born in December.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well got it easy for the first 10 days then it's back to work! Better get my charity box out and help the more needy
    16 hour though of fasting *cries*

Thanks
    Karma Level

I challenge you to prove when Jesus was born, because I don't actually think anyone knows. I know full well that 25th December was already a pagan festival (winter solstice) that the christians adopted to make it easier to fool people into following their religion.

Any anyway, I sincerely doubt you believe Christmas is seen as religious festival anymore, because it really isn't, and certainly not for me - its a cultural festival not religious. I celebrate by giving gifts to my loved ones, but there's no religious experience in it at all, no going to church, no singing xmas carols (just the occasional Fairytale of New York). The giving of gifts and even the image of Father Christmas have nothing to do with the original religious festival.

And anyway, nowhere have I ever said I'm not a hypocrite

Thanks
    Karma Level

And anyway, nowhere have I ever said I'm not a hypocrite
    Glad to hear it so are you now going to wish our esteemed Muslim members a Good Ramadan!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I miss the absence of water during fasting the most, plus I dont like the fact that it gives you bad breath. Still, it has its merits.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Saudi have finally sorted out the mess with their false moon sightings

taken from moonsighting.com

Accordingly to moonsighting, Saudi Muslim Scholars and Astronomers to Reach Consensus - Asharq Al-Awsat Click here
    It appears, that the Beginning of Ramadan on August 22 in Saudi Arbia is the result of that.
    http://www.aawsat.com/english/news.a...ion=1&id=16561

Hopefully this is the end of the split in the muslim world when it comes to moonsighting, calculations of the new moon should be used to rule out false sighting.

For those that are a bit confused, it is not the new moon that starts the new month it is the crescent, which can appear anywhere after 12 hours after the birth of the new moon.

Looking forward to celebrating Eid on the same day as everyone else in the UK

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Glad to hear it so are you now going to wish our esteemed Muslim members a Good Ramadan!!
    Only if they let me join in the feasting at Eid