Due to the amount of interest in the "Gordon Ramsay Maze - London" thread, and the amount of times I've asked people on here from differents areas of the UK where the best places to eat are, I thought this thread could become pretty handy. Add your own from experience and hopefully others will get some use out of it.

London: Best place I've eaten here is Scotts of Mayfair. Predominantly fish courses, but done to the highest standards. Also good for celeb spotting as its a favourite with tv folks. Reasonable prices for the quality, and the staff are very attentive and not snobby like some places can be. Can also recommend Boxwood Cafe, A Gordon Ramsay place, very good. Excellent Lamb!

Manchester: San Carlo, another favourite for celebs, mostly footballers. Awesome food, incredibly busy so service can be sometimes slow, but a very good overall experience.

Liverpool: London Carriage Works. Michelin star quality at very, very reasonable prices.

Newcastle: The White Room at Seaham Hall Hotel, County Durham. Head chef Kenny Atkinson is a wizard. Every single plate I had was cleaned up, even ingredients I've not previously liked were devoured with a smile. Food was the best I've ever had, and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. A truly wonderful experince in every sense.

Next area we are going to is the Lake District, so if anyone has any recommendations (other than L'Enclume) then I'm all ears!