Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Club game Oct 1st

seem to be having trouble creating game face geting server not responding i think the server is having trouble calculating my ugly mug lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Muppet the disc is fine, Verified just checked the global release and changed nothing. Everythings ok.

-=AD=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think we can put last night down to most of us being new to the game and jumping right in with shitty stats

I think we were all guilty of playing the game like Fifa 09, and it doesn't work now. Also using the sprint button should be kept to a minimum, which I now find really hard to do!

By the way, a new patch was released last night, its now much harder to score the finesse shots...which is a good thing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like we all need to play a shitload this week and get hose stats up cos we just couldn't compete at all last night.

Keep the faith boys!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep agree with the lads must admit i played Fifa 10 quite a bit this week offline,but the club game feels totally different and once we get our stats up and running it should help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like we all need to play a shitload this week and get hose stats up cos we just couldn't compete at all last night.
    true story , im making a thread for virtual pro now
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

I found when I held sprint down I ran around like a headless chicken and missed passes. For me its a pretty simple rule now, dont use it unless its a clear opportunity to. I played 3 games in BAP mode last night, opened up a few accomplisments, like I can now do a (very bad) skills move because I juggled the ball.

So yes, a week of intensive play ahead to build those stats up, lets see where we are this time next week.

EDIT: we need to work on passing too IMO, it seems totally different now. Quick 1 touch passing seems to go to the opposition 9 times out of 10, which isn't exactly good now is it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah - just one touch to control the ball seems too much. All a learning curve!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here's a good post on the Fifa forums:

This is for people who have started to play Fifa 10 and have not noticed all that much change from Fifa 09 or who are struggling to get to grips with the new gameplay mechanics.

For me the game initially felt great, everything was improved, the controls give a real freedom, you learn that you have to play the game a different way to Fifa 09, you have to play more real football, as you learn to play real football you get better and feel even better about the new game.

After a while you get more comfortable with the new game and start taking more risks in your play making, longer balls, longer range shots, clever through balls and all that. At this point you're at risk of returning to your 09 playing style, I did.

As soon as you start to play like you did on 09 you stop feeling the improvements as much with Fifa 10. You start using the pressing button and chase people down and the frustration starts to get to you. The computer starts to do better against you and is exploiting the gaps in your defence because your running around chasing the ball. The game starts to feel scripted, downward spiral from here.

You take a step back, wait a minute, you were playing well and felt that Fifa 10 was a brilliant game, now what are you doing wrong. You have to think again about how you're playing football, you have to wipe all memory of Fifa 09, play football for the love of football, not because your trying to beat a game. Play the ball around midfield, don't sprint everywhere, stand off their attacker and don't let him pass, don't charge at every opportunity, play backwards if you have to to create space, hold the ball up and look for a runner instead of trying long through balls.

Fifa 10 is the game that you want it to be, if you let it be. The AI is much improved so at times you may feel hard done to, I do, when I've done everything I can for 85 minutes and then they score a 25 yarder out of nothing, grrrr, but that's football, I should have taken my chances earlier in the match and now I'm punished for not doing so.

As for momentum, yes I do feel that this plays a part but for both sides. Many a time I've struggled in a game but then decided to go for it in the last 10 minutes and have about 90% possesion for that 10 minutes and create chance after chance, corner after corner. Again, that's football.

Thanks
    Karma Level

exactly as that post says , the good teams where knocking it around and then playing the easy pass through the heart of our defence and scoring easy tap ins.
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123