Im after a piece of software that lefts me control 2 monitors, I've always used ultramon for this however what I want to do in this case is quiet specific and ultramon doesnt seem to do the job.

I've set up a pc in my garage as a media center, I've connected the dvi to the hmdi on my amp in the living room for the picture and also connected the sound to the amp. I have also set up a second monitor in the garage with keyboard and mouse.

Ideally this pc will be used on the tv purely as a media center however if I need to do updates/changes etc I want to be able to do them on the second monitor.
They are both different resolutions, The problem I have with ultramon is that the tv does not turn on unless it is on the relevant channel and it detects a signal. I can then load the media center from the remote but it opens in the pc monitor and I have to physically go to the garage and move it over to the tv monitor. I cant set the up the other way round because then the start button would be on the tv monitor and not the pc monitor.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks