Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Easynews vs giganews...preferences?

Been talking to people and most seem split between the 2.

Have any of you found 1 to be far superior to the other(i.e,. service wise)? Guess i'll try each of their free trial offers and see which ends up being the better 1?

Thanks
    Karma Level

i use giganews.... its great i guess but quite expensive

i run up my 12gb for 22.95$ monthly in like 2 days

oh yes and i just got this today:

At Giganews, we are continuously improving your Usenet experience. For example, we have given you more download for the dollar a number of times in our history. This time, we're increasing our retention! On Wednesday, October 9, you will see significantly increased retention in all of your favorite newsgroups.

That's right, you will be able to download articles from further back in time. Our previous industry-leading retention just wasn't enough anymore. We are setting a new standard with our new retention stats.

Retention
    Groups Old New
    -------------------- ------ -------
    single-part binaries 9 days 60 days
    multi-part binaries 9 days 15 days

Nice Retention

Thanks
    Karma Level

WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK!!! do you care about retention. DL whatever is good within 2 weeks. ANything past that is shit/ waste of space. Christ for the last time. USe usenetserver OR newsfeeds.com both with about 2 weeks-30 days retention for your unlimited and Giga/Easy for fills. I use easy. Much better for the price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i use Usenetserver.com great speed, and its unlimted downloads. great tech support also

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by TheVirus
    i dont get this whole newsgroup scene.. wtf are these places selling exactly, dont your ISPs have news.yourisp.com ? i have news.usf.edu never use it, but we have it.. wtf is this stuff?

well because some isps newservers sucks in terms of having many "connections" ...as far as i understand it anyway i dont know much about these things either

But i think i got it this far...when like a movie is posted in newsgroups its posted in a bazillion small parts because of the size limits for these kinda posts...and often its split up and posted on several servers also..so now with a crappy isp newsserver you might just get access to half the servers..which means half the movie..while on a premium server you get all the linked to all necessary servers and maybe also faster speeds

(but i never figured out how to download anything from these servers except for some pictures of nekkid ladies)

Thanks
    Karma Level

its warez with no queues.

get urself a newsreader like newsbin or free agent, enter the information for your news server and explore, i cant tell u where the warez is but if u ask around im sure someone will tell u

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by trick91
    yeah i use Usenetserver.com great speed, and its unlimted downloads. great tech support also
    i currently use giganews, and i find everything I need pretty fast, but i dont like that its limited downloads, can you find everything you need on usenetserver? fast?

Thanks
    Karma Level

GET OFF GIGANEWS!!

i cant say that enough. as someone said in the other thread they better suck my dick in addition to letting me download a few gigs (good quote but i dont feel like looking for the author)

i subscribed for them for a few months cause they partnered with comcast when @home split but looking back it was clearly a RIP OFF. so what if they got 2 week retention? get what i need the day that its posted. i dont go back a week later and get it so as far as im concerned, they can have 24 hour retention and im happy.

i never tried easynews and i dont need to cause i now use usenet server which is the best cause its unlimited for a fixed price. just dont use giganews and save the money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That was me ! Anyways easynews is for fills in case usenetserver fucks up a file. I have seen some incomplete files and SOME people still dont post par files or .rar recovery stuff. THerefore I might need some fills.

Originally posted by blacklist2
    GET OFF GIGANEWS!!

i cant say that enough. as someone said in the other thread they better suck my dick in addition to letting me download a few gigs (good quote but i dont feel like looking for the author)