Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Next manager to get sacked...

Odds must be shortening quite substantially for Benitez. Premiership, if we lose on Sunday (which I'm going with a yes, thats pretty likely), is pretty much dead for us. Champs league was pretty much a gonna tonight... I think the noose will be coming down soon enough.

I've noticed hes even been fairly subdued in interviews, he didn't even make much of an attempted to blame the balloon ffs. Maybe he knows his number is up?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Next manager to get sacked...

got to agree he does make some mighty strange decisions.
    Special K+ enjoyed as a healthy breakfast!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Win on Sunday and the team will be revitalised. CL - two wins and you're probably through. It's not all
    doom and gloom, but if you lose on Sunday which obviously I hope you do, then you have to kiss the leGue goodbye. And I struggle to see how anyone would be able to support benitez in that situation. All
    boils down to squad again doesn't it - despite the hundred million spent Liverpool
    still have a piss poor squad. Great first XI maybe, but squad is for shit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't say Liverpool are going to lose really this weekend. I think it's completely up in the air. Man Utd have been fairly shite at times this season. But they're getting wins.

I'd like to see Benitez go but only to see what someone else can do with the club.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like you were wrong about the next to get sacked!!! (Assuming you mean football in general, and not just the prem)!

Middlesbrough sack boss Southgate

Southgate had been Boro boss for three years

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has been sacked - with the club fourth in the table and bidding for promotion.
    His dismissal came in the early hours of Wednesday, shortly after Boro had secured a 2-0 home win over Derby.
    The 39-year-old was appointed manager in June 2006, but last season he presided over the club's relegation from the Premier League.
    Boro chairman Steve Gibson said: "This has been the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in football."
    Shortly before being fired Southgate said: "The margins are fine. We are a point off the top but it would have been very different if we had not won against Derby.
    "You wonder about the consequences of defeat. You know four home defeats on the bounce would have been difficult for everyone involved with the club to accept."
    Former Crystal Palace boss Alan Smith, described by Boro as a "football consultant", has also left the club.
    Southgate, who won 57 caps for England, joined Boro as a player from Aston Villa in a £6.5m deal in summer 2001, and made more than 200 appearances for the club, before he succeeded Steve McClaren as the club's manager.
    606: DEBATE
    Who will succeed Southgate as Boro boss?
    "Gareth has given Boro magnificent service as a skipper and, in very difficult circumstances, as manager," added Gibson.
    "I appointed Gareth in a situation that was greatly unfavourable to him. He is a good man and has all the qualities and integrity that we wanted in a manager.
    "However, the time is right for change and that change has had to be made. Gareth will always be welcome at our football club. English football needs people of his stature and we feel certain that this experience will serve him well.
    "Gareth deserves another opportunity once he has had the chance to rest and refresh himself."
    Prior to Tuesday's win, Boro had lost three successive home games, but their victory over Derby left them only one point behind leaders West Brom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...gh/8317621.stm

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i foookin hope rafa gets sacked...preferably today
    4 loses in a row is the worst start to our season in 22years.

I have had enough of him now....this is disgraceful

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

the southgate/boro sacking is bizarre IMO. why didn't they sack him him 6 months ago when they were struggling in the Prem? They're doing ok in the championship, and it's going to be a long hard season...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Benitez... He is a strange one.

Liverpool needed creativity and goals.. So he spends 18 mil on a right back. Good shout.

I wouldn't even say Liverpool have a good first Eleven these days. Obviously minus Gerrard and Torres. But if you took those 2 out the Liverpool team then in terms of first elevens... Liverpools team wouldn't be as good as most of those in the top 8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It sort of makes me think, would I rather lose this weekend and and keep the fat useless one at liverpool, if I could guarantee that we still went on and won the Premiership then yes I'd take that, but I cant so I hope we stuff em. Not too sure about this one, it could be liverpools worst or best day of the season as it could spur them on for the rest of their season or if they lose it could be the final nail in the coffin.
    IMHO Souness sucks the balls of all things Liverpool he even said it last night, but what he said about Benitez although completely true wont help his cause any at all. Basically if anyone didnt watch it on TV he was on about how in 5 YEars and however many players coming in, that Rafa still has nothing to show for it except Gerrard (Already at he club) and Torres and without them 2 they are wank.

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think Raffa will be sacked but he might walk. I can see a showdown between Raffa and the owners in the coming weeks and Raffa walking, blaming not enough funds.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He might 'walk' when he's actually been sacked!

Thanks
    Karma Level

this tells you everything about rafa

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/transfers.htm
    PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bring back king Kenny.....
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    I don't think Raffa will be sacked but he might walk. I can see a showdown between Raffa and the owners in the coming weeks and Raffa walking, blaming not enough funds.
    I can't see him walking, I think he's too stubborn / proud / convinced he's right. And no, none of those are bad attributes in a manager. I just can't see how the owners could continue with him if they lost on Sunday, as they would be out of the title race before October is out, which is really appaling. This is the year that he's been in charge of Liverpool for as long as Fergie was when he won the league for the first time, so if they are out of the league then he's clearly not going to be able to match Fergie, which destroys some of the arguments certain Liverpool fans have made over the past few years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyMan View Post
    I wouldn't even say Liverpool have a good first Eleven these days. Obviously minus Gerrard and Torres. But if you took those 2 out the Liverpool team then in terms of first elevens... Liverpools team wouldn't be as good as most of those in the top 8.
    I don't think that quite stacks up as we have quite a few players who would be welcomed at the other top three, but certainly our squad is in need of an overhaul and he's shown he isn't the man to do it. Just don't really see anyone else out there thats out of contract who would do a better job. Bit depressing really.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

After last season i really expected liverpool to mount a serious challenge for the title, especially after they destroyed us at OT, but their season seems to have gone tits up, i don't think they have that bad a squad just not as good we were lead to believe, maybe last season was just a flash in the pan.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It all takes me back to when I was a kid, this is how football should be, as a City fan I'm in 7th heaven that the sure-fire top 4 or now not so sure-fire have competition, Spurs, Villa & I was hoping that Everton would be amongst it all, with us. It aint as boring now.

Having 7 or 8 teams going for the European places makes for a better league, who knows maybe we'll have 9 or 10 teams in a few years, I for 1 hope so! Maybe a few managers necks will be on the line & more of the top ones, no one should feel 100% safe including sir rudolph. He'll retire at the end of the season no doubt.

Tig3

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigger3 View Post
    It all takes me back to when I was a kid, this is how football should be, as a City fan I'm in 7th heaven that the sure-fire top 4 or now not so sure-fire have competition, Spurs, Villa & I was hoping that Everton would be amongst it all, with us. It aint as boring now.

Having 7 or 8 teams going for the European places makes for a better league, who knows maybe we'll have 9 or 10 teams in a few years, I for 1 hope so! Maybe a few managers necks will be on the line & more of the top ones, no one should feel 100% safe including sir rudolph. He'll retire at the end of the season no doubt.

Tig3
    Dunno when you were born m8, but when I was a nipper Liverpool were winning everything, so the current scenario is FAR better for me Agree that its nice to see some new teams challenging, especially when its Liverpool who are losing out, but 3 of the top 4 are the same as usual, and for a good portion of last year it looked like Villa or Everton would sneak into the top 4 at Arsenal's expense, but Arsenal came good as usual. Whilst I think its too early to knock Liverpool out of contention it already looks to me like there's 5 or 6 teams playing for 4th, but I can almost guarantee that the top 3 will be Arsenal, Chelsea and United, just hopefully not in that order.

Oh, and Fergie won't retire this season unless we win the CL I think. He wants another, he wants 3 to put himself into the upper echelons, and I can't see us getting to the final for a 3rd year on the trot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Dunno when you were born m8, but when I was a nipper Liverpool were winning everything, so the current scenario is FAR better for me Agree that its nice to see some new teams challenging, especially when its Liverpool who are losing out, but 3 of the top 4 are the same as usual, and for a good portion of last year it looked like Villa or Everton would sneak into the top 4 at Arsenal's expense, but Arsenal came good as usual. Whilst I think its too early to knock Liverpool out of contention it already looks to me like there's 5 or 6 teams playing for 4th, but I can almost guarantee that the top 3 will be Arsenal, Chelsea and United, just hopefully not in that order.

Oh, and Fergie won't retire this season unless we win the CL I think. He wants another, he wants 3 to put himself into the upper echelons, and I can't see us getting to the final for a 3rd year on the trot.
    I agree to a point that it probably may not be this season that the top3 change BUT it's looking far more likely as you say the 4th spot being up for grabs & next season who knows?

Actually thinking back to when I was a kid it was dirty bloody Leeds that seemed to win most things! Luckily that didn't last!

Tig3

Thanks
    Karma Level

If he gets sacked he gets a £25Million payout.

1. Why walk? wait till your sacked and take the cash
    2. Liverpool don't have the cash to sack him

3. Torres is in goal Sunday
    Nil Illigimtus Carbarundum