Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Are there ANY top-end touchscreen phones with good battery life?

I really want to get a top-spec phone (3g, wifi, big screen, good camera etc)....but I've got a real issue with having to charge my phone constantly.

The absolute minimum I could handle is having to charge a phone every 3-4 days with average use (mainly internet usage)....but it seems that every review I read suggests that phones with lots of apps will barely give you a day of battery life, perhaps stretching to two days at most.

Any thoughts?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are there ANY top-end touchscreen phones with good battery life?

Not that that im aware of. Its the only thign that pisses me off abotu the pre. Byt he time im home from work its got about 5% battery left!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think about it how phones features have changed over even the last 18 months when was last time we had any new battery tech???

so long as they charge off usb its not a big issue really how long are any of us away from a pc ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

what about a phone with an extended jacket, solar panel or those touch chargers that carry a touch plate that chargers the phone.

something like the powermat ? http://www.powermateu.com/pm_uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    what about a phone with an extended jacket, solar panel or those touch chargers that carry a touch plate that chargers the phone.

something like the powermat ? http://www.powermateu.com/pm_uk
    I got the touchstone with my smart Pre, still dont deter from the fact it needs charging DAILY, unlike my other stupid phones that only require charging every 10 days
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blimey, are there really none?

Guess that's the trade off: if you want lots of fancy apps, you need to regularly feed the beast.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i get a whole day out of my iphone with heavy net useage. I charge it overnight while im asleep and dont really see what the problem is with that.

If I'm going to be away from a power source for any length of time, I either take my juice pack air (an iphone case with a battery built in) or my ted baker battery pack (which charges any usb chargeable device)

The juice pack gives me a whole full charge with a bit to spare and the ted baker gives 2 to 3 charges. That's 4 to 5 days total.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Or you could just buy a diff battery? Batterys now out for pre which have 200% better battery life and all other phones too i guess.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    i get a whole day out of my iphone with heavy net useage. I charge it overnight while im asleep and dont really see what the problem is with that.

If I'm going to be away from a power source for any length of time, I either take my juice pack air (an iphone case with a battery built in) or my ted baker battery pack (which charges any usb chargeable device)

The juice pack gives me a whole full charge with a bit to spare and the ted baker gives 2 to 3 charges. That's 4 to 5 days total.
    Thanks. Perhaps it's my mentality that I have to change then, rather than my phone. Am just so used to charging every 5-6 days, just need to try and get into new habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Or you could just buy a diff battery? Batterys now out for pre which have 200% better battery life and all other phones too i guess.
    Can you get third party batteries for standard phones then? Will they be real bulky like with big laptop batteries?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Thanks. Perhaps it's my mentality that I have to change then, rather than my phone. Am just so used to charging every 5-6 days, just need to try and get into new habits.

Can you get third party batteries for standard phones then? Will they be real bulky like with big laptop batteries?
    I know 3rd party batterys have already been released for the pre with 100 - 200% better batterey life. I guess other smartphones will have the same

Thanks
    Karma Level

What about the LG GC900? Large touchscreen, decent camera, WiFi, 3G etc.