Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Cracking deals to Dubai

Hey all,

There are some amazing deals for travel to Dubai in January/Feb. Flying from Heathrow you can go to Dubai (direct) with Roayl Brunei for £268. Or fly with Qatar Air (Skytrax 5-star airline rating) from Heathrow for £296 (1.5 hr stopover in Doha).

Hotels, car hire etc.. are all plentiful and cheap as chips... the times are definitely hard in Dubai at the moment.

Cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cracking deals to Dubai

u got any links for this mate? i just search royal bruneis website and its way more expensive

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hiya mate,

I went to Kayak.co.uk (the best flight search engine IMHO) and entered the following details

To: DXB
    Dates: Fri 22 Jan (out) and Sun 31 Jan (RTN)

I'm getting Royal Brunei (£268), Gulf Air (£284), Qatar Airways (£296) etc... What makes the Royal Brunei flight the best is the fact that its direct so you shave 2 hours off the journey. For a long haul destination, these prices are pretty impressive, even when I add my flights from Switzerland to the UK.

Thanks
    Karma Level

See it while it's still there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

World's biggest building site, and for gods sake stay the feck out of sharjah!
    The center of Dubai is ok but one mall looks like any other though.Interesting trips out into the desert if you into that, plus the history of the place is bizarre. It was nothing more than a fishing village not too far in the past, just shows what the old black gold can get you. The souks reminded me of Turkey but hotter!
    Cheap price for flights out there though it was 500 notes when I took a trip.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Highly recommend going. Was amazing when i went

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`m going to Thailand in January, and after lookin at flights they all seem to stop off in Dubai before going on to Bangkok, would it be any cheaper for me to book this and then a flight onwards rather than one from UK->Thailand?

£268!? - That is well cheap!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    I`m going to Thailand in January, and after lookin at flights they all seem to stop off in Dubai before going on to Bangkok, would it be any cheaper for me to book this and then a flight onwards rather than one from UK->Thailand?

£268!? - That is well cheap!
    Try entering Dubai > Bangkok on Kayak for the dates you need... its great for point to point travel.
    You could also look at Air Arabia, they are the Easyjet of the region and are based out of a hub in Sharjah, UAE. Its about a 10 mile taxi ride between Dubai Airport and Sharja Airport.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you know of any cheap sort of package holidays...hotel and flights to dubai? Are they still going cheap? What would i be looking to pay for a hotel for a week?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Godscrasher View Post
    Do you know of any cheap sort of package holidays...hotel and flights to dubai? Are they still going cheap? What would i be looking to pay for a hotel for a week?
    I've never really understood online package holidays, usually all the website does is add the price of the flights to the price of the hotels... perhaps a 5% discount thrown in but thats it, and usually its a shite hotel that is picked for you. I would definitely book everything seperately, especially since the flights are already rock bottom (the £268 Brunei flight is mainly taxes, you're paying about 50 quid each way).

I tend to have Tripadvisor open on one monitor (hotels in Dubai arranged by rating) and then on another screen I have hotelscombined.com giving me the prices. By cross referencing the two sites you can get some brilliant deals and you know in advance what you're getting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The hotels in Dubai are amazing, but not cheap, especially on the beach. The service is second to none, they can't do enough for you. I have stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, very good but more of a family hotel (loads of kids). Al Qasr is next door to JBH, it is awesome, highly recommended. I have also stayed at Dar al Masyaf which is part of the Al Qasr/Mina a Salam complex. They are private villas with a butler. Very quiet and more exclusive. All these hotels are owned by Jumeirah Group as well as the iconic Burj al Arab. They also own Wild Wadi which is a waterpark and if you stay at these hotels you get free entry. Le Royal Meridien is also a very nice hotel and highly rated on Trip advisor.
    İlubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    The hotels in Dubai are amazing, but not cheap, especially on the beach. The service is second to none, they can't do enough for you. I have stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, very good but more of a family hotel (loads of kids). Al Qasr is next door to JBH, it is awesome, highly recommended. I have also stayed at Dar al Masyaf which is part of the Al Qasr/Mina a Salam complex. They are private villas with a butler. Very quiet and more exclusive. All these hotels are owned by Jumeirah Group as well as the iconic Burj al Arab. They also own Wild Wadi which is a waterpark and if you stay at these hotels you get free entry. Le Royal Meridien is also a very nice hotel and highly rated on Trip advisor.
    Wild wadi is fookin awesome! Found it amusing seeing all the women still wearing there burkas whislt swimmign and on the water rides lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Wild wadi is fookin awesome! Found it amusing seeing all the women still wearing there burkas whislt swimmign and on the water rides lol

LOL, I nearly lost my shorts as I came off the board.
    İlubber Lang

CHAMP19NS