Close

Thread: madbid.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default madbid.com

has anybody on here used madbid.com, if so how does it work and what are your thoughts.
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: madbid.com

Its a scam stear clear

Let me break it down you buy the bids ie.. every time you make a bid it costs you a £1. or there about..

Take for example a PS3 SLIM on there now its a 1min auction it started at 1p the counter counts down from 1min then some one bids the price goes to 2p and the counter resets this goes on until everyone gives up or run out of money, the bid currently its at £3.65 that mean they have netted £365. for a PS3 slim and all the people who bidded got fuck all for their money..

Now don't get me wrong you could net a bargain if you get real lucky, but i don't think its worth it

http://uk.madbid.com/show/212153-Sony-PS3-SLIM/

£3.90 when i last looked plus they have the cheek to charge £8.00 postage
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks to Tim.Lad

roofio (14th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.Lad View Post
    Its a scam stear clear

Take for example a PS3 SLIM on there now its a 1min auction it started at 1p the counter counts down from 1min then some one bids the price goes to 2p and the counter resets this goes on until everyone gives up or run out of money, the bid currently its at £3.65 that mean they have netted £365. for a PS3 slim and all the people who bidded got fuck all for their money..
    Nice one, these were my exact thoughts, this is worse than that price-drop tv, actually price-drop tv is not too bad.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its a scam stear clear

Let me break it down you buy the bids ie.. every time you make a bid it costs you a £1. or there about..

I remember thinking the same as soon as I saw that a while ago. They must make an absolute shitload.

Quote Originally Posted by the.insane View Post
    Nice one, these were my exact thoughts, this is worse than that price-drop tv, actually price-drop tv is not too bad.
    I've more thought of price-drop tv as an extremely retarded way of shopping. Normally it's just a bit expensive, but not really a scam per se.

Thanks
    Karma Level

fook me, £7.71 now and that's for one PS3????? It's not a scam as such, but it's a money spinning idea for the promoters. There are too many 'punters' thinking it's worth a punt for a quid and that's where they win. Personally, I love the idea and wish I had thought of it. As for using this site. no thanks!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ka$h View Post
    fook me, £7.71 now and that's for one PS3????? It's not a scam as such, but it's a money spinning idea for the promoters. There are too many 'punters' thinking it's worth a punt for a quid and that's where they win. Personally, I love the idea and wish I had thought of it. As for using this site. no thanks!

Ya how many PS3 can you buy for £925.20 (771 x £1.20)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah Brilliant I just came across madbid and started to check it out before coming here to see if anyone knew about it. I thought similar when I read a review that reeked of scam potential. Thanks for confirming guys!

But actually the more I think about it. It's pure genius! I really wish i thought of this one! But yeah, I doubt I'd take part in the site

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by roofio View Post
    But actually the more I think about it. It's pure genius! I really wish i thought of this one! But yeah, I doubt I'd take part in the site
    The simply ideas are usually the best.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is genius, but your stupid to think you will win from it.

I had a go with some free credits a few years back and it does suck you in! They must be making an absolute killing! I would like to hear from anyone who has grabbed a 'bargain'.
    It is the type of thing my retarded brother or brother-in-law would use. They might win and save £20 thinking it is the best deal ever but in all honestly it is a stupid game to play for the sake of £20.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I seem to remember a developer writing a bot to win on these some time ago it would predict the bidding pattern based on the previous bids and time the winning bids, OMG just looked at the site again "auto bids" !!! my god
    VIP WOOP !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

VIP WOOP !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The atrocious spelling and grammar should have put me off from reading that but I did unfortunately.

They offer no evidence, just speculation based on superstition of the type that you always get around gambling sites.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    The atrocious spelling and grammar should have put me off from reading that but I did unfortunately.

They offer no evidence, just speculation based on superstition of the type that you always get around gambling sites.
    Hi
    Yes, and these "proffesionals don't understand the difference between the words loose and lose - idiots, how can you place a bid that looses
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for clearing things up on madbid. As soon as i saw the advert i thought it was a scam

Social Networking Bookmarks