Close

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671227 ... LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

2001 Peugeot 206 2.0L Coupe Cabriolet

Thanks
    Karma Level

1974 rolls spirit convertable very good for weddings I make a fortune from it

kd

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last edited by martiboy; 5th February 2002 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was wondering when you were going to reply to that, for your information, I own the above vehicle but dont drive it it is garaged in s\land and only used for hire I paid £2,500 5 year ago and it was in need of restoration which my brother done for me my brother looks after it and maintains it and hires it for weddings, dont call people liars m8 when you dont know what the f*ck is going on around you, I myself drive a modist suzuki sj410 and I love the damn thing, Its also shit hot off road.
    BTW enough of the prank emails you n*b head did u think I didnt know where it was coming from ??

kd

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by kingdong
    I was wondering when you were going to reply to that, for your information, I own the above vehicle but dont drive it it is garaged in s\land and only used for hire I paid £2,500 5 year ago and it was in need of restoration which my brother done for me my brother looks after it and maintains it and hires it for weddings, dont call people liars m8 when you dont know what the f*ck is going on around you, I myself drive a modist suzuki sj410 and I love the damn thing, Its also shit hot off road.
    BTW enough of the prank emails you n*b head did u think I didnt know where it was coming from ??

kd
    E-Mail I sent you one to which I admitted on another forum.

Ed I will Pm the rest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Keep your arguments and insults off this forum. If you find you simply must abuse each other, do it else where.

Thanks
    Karma Level

we did

Thanks
    Karma Level

1998 ford modeo 2.5 v6

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by welshy
    ive got a,

corsa 1.2,
    full combat kit,
    white yokos, (alloys)
    big k&n exhaust

I WISH thats what i will have when i pass my test!
    You want a car that wears fatigues and a cammy jacket?

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive got a,

corsa 1.2,
    full combat kit,
    white yokos, (alloys)
    big k&n exhaust

I WISH :signs: :signs:

thats what i will have when i pass my test!
    White yokos??

Do you know what yokos are??

Doesn't sound like it

And what the hell is a big K&N exhaust??

DIV

Thanks
    Karma Level

yokohamas are tyres.

k&n make air filters.

Hence yokos are not alloys and a k&n isn't an exhaust.

Where the hell are you from??
    Last edited by doughboy; 10th February 2002 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, so you want a combat corsa...

Not a bad looking mota...

Yokos make pukka tyres, but I'm not too sure about white alloys.

What colour car you after??

If you got black, then you could get black chrome alloys, they would look cool on a dark car.

Fit your k&n if you like, won't affect power on a 1.2.

Don't fit a big bore back box though, it'll just look stupid.

Instead try a 3" magnex or scorpion. Whatever you do, don't touch peco, they are cheap crap.

Seriously though, you need to get your car lingo sorted out....Good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

white yokos - yokhomas (alloys)

k&n exhaust - EXHAUST (big bore)

its wot we call all that round ere i havent a clue wot u call them
    Yokohama make wheels too? I thought they were famous for tyres while K+N were famous for air filters. I don't reckon it's a regional thing though, I think the products are the same the world over. Mibbe Janspeed exhaust? and you could pick from a thousand wheel manufacturers, but Yokohama will still be famous for tyres. Mibbe you should concentrate on buying a car you can insure for less than the price you paid for it? and forgot trying to keep up with the boy racers? who have actually turned customising a car into the exact opposite of what it was about anyway. customising used to mean altering it to be different but now it seems young boys alter them to be the same and only the amount of money they can afford to throw at it dictates how "the same" it will actually be. Corsa's are for girls anyway. Put a race prepared 2 . 2 litre 16 valve engine in it and it will still crease the roof above the B post the first time you hit a kerb too hard.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 10th February 2002 at 02:43 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't agree.

Cruising is about having a good time with your mates and your cars. The old school cruisers started out like that, but don't want to move with the times.

Instead of a '69chevy or whatever we have '89 motors with tuned up 2000 motors under the hood.

Plus I wish I had a corsa as a first car, I had a citroen lna 11e. No one knows what that is right?? Well I had to drive it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cruising? 69 chevy ? HUH? what planet are you on? old school? eh? look up customise in a dictionary. Old skool as far as I'm concerned drove RS 2000's Fiat 131 Sport's and the like. Are you even in the UK? where is the connection between a Corsa and a 69 chevy? I'm lost. Boy racer is boy racer the country over, and as far as I'm concerned they try so hard to be different and end up looking the same. By cruising I assume you mean kerb crawling? having a good time with your mates? driving up and down your home towns version of "sunset strip" hoping you look good? when in reality you look like a.........boy racer, with alloys, wheel arches, and skirts? with suspension that does nothing but rattle your kidneys and make you fear speed bumps? Did I mention stupid 3 or even 5 inch bore exhausts that do NOTHING exept make a noise? most of them actually slow the cars down too, ever heard of back pressure? do you actually understand what goes on in a modern combustion engine? do you know anything about the forces within a combustion chamber? Big bore exhausts on anything but a full race engine are nothing but oneupmanship. A K+N air filter might sound "good" but seldom makes a difference unless the engine was strangled by it's air filter in the first place because the air flow will always be restricted to by the fact engines parts are not matched in the factory. intakes don't match, gaskets partially cover ports and exhaust manifolds are choked by their width and the fact they are made to a standard easy to cast, which has no regard at all for air flow. You want an induction roar? fit a set of twin 45 webbers. I've been there, read the book, wore the T shirt and thought I was just as cool as you all think you are now. guess what? some day soon you'll realise exactly what it all was, a waste of time effort and money, and the only people excite are each other, everyone else see's another boy racer with a loud exhaust screeching away from another set of lights beating the shit from another clutch and another set of drive shafts. Instead of sitting outside and "cruising" past the pubs and clubs, try going inside to get the toosh. Build an engine that can actually make use of all the big bore exhausts and K+N air filters boy racers bolt on and you'll fine it won't tick over under 2500 RPM and be practically undriveable around town.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry if I upset you.

Everything you said doesn't apply to me in ANY way at all.

What car do you drive??

Yes I am in the UK.

Mine is an 89 205 gti. It has had literally thousands spent on returning it to factory glory before any aftermarket mod was attached.

It's currently running the original 1.6 lump, which will be exchanged shortley for a 2l gti6 motor.

Exhuast system will not exceed 2.5" because as anyone knows a normally aspirated lump doesn;t require a larger diameter. Tailpipe not more than 3.5 either cos I aint driving a jap turbo.

And cam profile won't exceed 270 or 80 simply because I don't want I high idle or an unuseable low end.

I wasn't comparing a nova/corsa with old school cruisers. I believe you were the one who had the original complaint.

I'm no boy racer either. It's just that the scene has changed lots. While I don't dissagree with you that it has changed for the worse I don't think you should be so hard on the new kids to the scene. They'll learn in their own time that the mods they do suck. Just give them a chance to figure it out themselves..... We had too.
    Last edited by doughboy; 10th February 2002 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have had a couple of rs2000s flat front and cone dunno about combat corsas or cruisin??? my fav car was a dolomite sprint what i restored over a few years. hybrid has said it all to do with the ?? tech side and i wouldnt doubt him, as i know from experience as have fitted kenlows, kn, four branches,lsd,bilstines twin 40s ect, to mostly fords, years ago, when i was a boy racer,lol. made little or small diff it takes alot more work than a few bolt on parts to make a sig difference.(engine wise). ALSO welshy i think ur talking cars for the sake of it cos this is a what cars do u drive, not hope to, forum! 69 CHEVY?? well i dont even wanna go there im lost aswell???

booboo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default doughboy

carefull..........They'll learn in their own time that the mods they do suck. lol

sorry m8 i know what ur talkin about lol

booboo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Upset me? nope, you never did m8.

Apply to you? How would I know? I don't know you. I'm talking about boy racers, we all know them.

I drive Porsche 928 S2

UK? Where does the chevy bit come from?

Pugeot 205? there are still some around? You chose a 1.6 not a 1.9? Where do you plan to get a 2L engine? and will you be good enough to let your insurance know? how do you plan to wire the managemant system to your original wiring loom? Which drive shafts will you use? which radiator? etc etc etc

My point about the exhausts was that there are many other restrictions within an engine that make anything more than even a 2" dia exhaust a waste of time. And even a large capacity engine wouldn't need nor want such a thing. Mine is a 2¼" bore exhaust on a 4.6 litre V8 engine, oh dear! maybe I should buy a Peco, huh?

Oh goody! you want to talk about Camshafts, eh? Kewl! when was the last time YOU set up a pair of verniers on a DOHC engine? who made them? Do you even know what a dial guage is? magnetic stand? What kind of valves would you go for? what about guides? seats? what do you reckon is the most important factor in camshaft timing? duration? lift? stil want to talk about camshafts? or should we mibbe move on to crankshafts? bearings? who's bearings do you rate? Vandervel? what? VP ???? sod it! lets talk about balancing? flywheel? pistons? no? what holds the gudgeon pin in place in your pugeot engine? any idea? circlip? interference fit? shall we move on to compression? High comp pistons? alloy? magnesium alloy? domed? cut outs for valves? I built engines, I know how they tick, Don't presume to tell me what camshafts do, I had them custom built to my standards, I MADE my first set of vernier calipers. I built engines from the shit no one else wanted cos it was free, and my time was free too, or so it seemed. Still want to talk about camshafts? think followers are important? double valve springs? think it matters which engine you source them from? how do you check strength? pressure? how do you know they'll so? and after all that? where do you set the ignition timing? ever made a distributor from a ford fit a Fiat? know how an ignition system works? ever made IGN control unit for a Vauxhall run a Porsche? Gimme a brief description of how Bosche K jetronic mechanical fuel injection works? or would you rather talk about L jetronic?YOU tell me, I'm all ears.

"Cruisers" was your word, not mine. you coined the phrase, not me, you insinuated that I was "old skool" 69 chevy, compaired to new skool Corsa, no? My first car was a MKIII cortina pile of rusting sh!t with NO boot floor, and a 1300 OHV engine mated to a poxy auto gearbox that had only the top 2 gears in DRIVE and reverse. lucky me, huh? Then I rose to the dizzy heights of a Datsun 140j woooooooooooweeeeeeee!

I will lose no sleep worrying whether you agree or disagree with me, my feelings will not change either, I'll still think that the boy racer fraternity try SO hard to be different and end up looking the same. One Corsa with a bodykit is exactly the same as another one to anyone other than the "boy racer" fraternity, is it not?

BTW, I'm still calm, I'm actually happy if anything, a world away from annoyed. I spent half my adult life killing myself, one way or another because of my passion for cars and speed. Then I realised what it all boiled down to, showing off, trying to be better or faster than the next guy, WOW! Like all those fumes I breathed in, all the welding burns, all the anxiety over whether it would all come together, all the money I spent on shiney this and turbo that, would ever make me anything other than a boy racer trying to prove himself? like anyone gave a sh!t? times change, yeah, cars change, yeah, but boy racers will always have the boy racer mentality, no matter what this years kewl car is.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    BTW, I aint having a go at anyone, even though I do realise that sometimes I come across wrong because of the way I write things. I'm happy and smiling, honest!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671227 ... LastLast