Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    fedepctv

Originally posted by ozi83
    i thought with IDE cd/dvd drives there was 1 pin on the 40 pin connector that controls the eject function so what we would have to do is seperatly connect this 1 pin to the correct pin of that special connector MS has made and hopefully it would work

As I know the IDE cable don't have a line to signaling eject, the eject is a command sent to the device as all others ATA/ATAPI commands.

ABCMan

i seem to remember ages ago reading something somewhere about the xbox bubble display stands having to be controlled from outside the case and the eject was tripped through the external power input on those machines, i could be completely wrong of course.

on a side note we seem to have picked up a few excellent people recently from xboxhacker, which makes a very pleasent change from the last lot of people (and i use the tearm loosely) that we managed to find here last time we had an influx from there.

ABCMan

Guig

Default Swap Trick

THe fact of the eject is certainly coded in the Firmare of the original MS DVD Drive too prevent Swap Trick like in PS or PS2

Perhaps it would work to read all Media (With Original Game and Film) by patching the bios/Firmware of a PC - DVD Drive

mlwood37

Ive manged to get the bios from the dvd drive . Oh sugar let me refease that me and a frend <=== !!!! Just incase he reads this lol .

Any way since i know naff all about the bios codeing we have passed it onto some one else to see if the can figure out any thing that they can do with it to make the drive better.

Hopefully they can come up with a aswer to our little problem. I have on the other hand replced my dvd drive with a new pioneer from the old toshiba i was using and now hacked my xbox to peaces so that we can try and get the eject button working.

Also we have disasebled the intire dvd drive of the xbox becuase i fuxord it up and were loking at how the drive is made so that we might be able to get an idear of why the hell normal DVD XBOX games will not be picked up on normal dvd drives yet the copys can be.

If we new how the CRackers of the xbox games them selfs ripped the games this would help us a little to see if they know more about the drive and how it reads the orignals. If we get anyware ill post it in here and let you all know.

Here is a rather shoopy pic of my hacked to bits xbox.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hello all,

bieshwit can you say me if with the pionneer 106s boot cdr ?

thx !

Thanks
    Karma Level

The last post is now 1 week old - anything new about the "eject"-button ?
    And: Can I remove the original XBox-dvd-drive or needs it to stay connected ?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can confirm the lite on 16x dvd rom works with all media

Thanks
    Karma Level

no drive (apart from the original) boots original games AFAIK
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep sorry meant to say all back up media i bought the nec 16x drive today and that works fine on all back up media as well cdr/cdrw/dvdr any cheap or expensive brands....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just wanted to clarify to someone who asked, and to someone who couldnt get it to work.

quoting myself from another thread :

"I just hooked up my AOpen 16x dvd rom to the xbox. for me i do have to leave the Yellow Cable connected to the xbox-rom, AND leave something in that drive. its really weird, but if there is no Game/DVD/Audio disc in the xbox-rom drive, i just get a Damaged Disk screen.

i can play/rip audio more than fine. dvd movies work (region 1 only tested. but i have the drive flashed to all regions.)

oh, and my xbox isn't chipped yet. still waiting for that to get here"

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've played around more with the dvd swaps so just a quick update.

If you can't get dvd movies/audio to play while using your own rom drive, put a legit disc into your xbox-rom drive (with yellow cable still attached), power off, and try again. It works for me 100%.

USA Xbox NOT chipped, USA Dongle, USA Movie.
    Using AOpen (Pioneer based) dvdrom.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by bieshwit
    I have tested 3 drives and will test 3 more tomorrow

here are the 3 I have tested and the results

PIONEER DVD-106S = Bulkpaq DVDR - 100% Boot / Unbranded Silver Top DVDR - 100% Boot

SAMSUNG DVD MASTER 16E SD-616 = Bulkpaq DVDR - 100% Boot / Unbranded Silver Top DVDR - Failed

SONY DDU1621 = Bulkpaq DVDR - 100% Boot / Unbranded Silver Top DVDR - Failed

STANDARD XBOX DRIVE = Bulkpaq DVDR - Booted some , some it never / Unbranded Silver Top DVDR - Failed

The Pioneer was the fastest and booted everything

tomorrow I will test the following

Lite ON 16x
    Artec 16x
    Relisys 12x
    I assume you have the eject issue as well (ie. drive does not eject when you press xbox eject..,., how do you eject discs? do you have it external?)

Also, do you have the xbox DVDROM still hooked up to the yellow power connector?

Calvin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Changing DVD-Rom in Xbox

Originally posted by Bald Bouncer

Here is a link to some media tested on an Xbox also I have managed to get the Vivastar Branded Cdrs to work without any problems. You can ether get em from Argos for a large amount of money or maybe try here

Lets hope someone makes a DVD-rom drive for the Xbox that runs any kind of media
    What happened to this link?

Calvin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes I still had the eject issue , but the yellow connector and xbox dvdrom drive were completely removed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by bieshwit
    Yes I still had the eject issue , but the yellow connector and xbox dvdrom drive were completely removed
    Would you mind sharing how you got rid of the need for the yellow connector needing to be connected to the original drive? I am having tonnes of media problems and would love to switch over to a normal DVD-ROM drive.

Thanks
    Calvin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ravemax
    Can I remove the original XBox-dvd-drive or needs it to stay connected ?
    Thanks
    u are best leaving it connected otherwise u may get a error msg, something like please call M$ service centre.

Any futher on the eject button or soft reset mod fellas?

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok put Lg in took out xbox one hacked at the inner case (well one screw was in the way) made a little eject button out of an old metal coat hanger and HOWZAT all media seems to be working

20p disk are np now although they are noisy
    and i have to power down to power a game up, originals dont work and i have not tested audio!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a really picky dvdrom in my box so i decided to xchange the drive with my aopendvd (can check model after work) , and got the following result. I have thre games on cdrw, shrek (always worked) nightcaster (rarely worked)and jedi starfighter (rarely worked). After the potchange the only game that works is jedi starfighter. Why is that??? It loads everytime and a lot faster but it is impossible to get shrek and NC to play. And the videoselector has never worked in xboxdvd and now plays fine in the aopen.
    Any advice from you all?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello my friends. I just went out to my local BestBuy store today and picked up a BUSLink DVD-ROM Drive for $45.00 The drive is a 16x DVD and 48x CD drive. The model on the box says Model: DR16 . On the actual drive the model says MODEL LTD: 163 Anyways, I just wanted to report that this DVD-ROM drive works. I booted up a DVD-R (generic brand) and everything loaded fine. I will try CDR's and CDRW's in a feew minutes and I will report my findings. I am really exciting because I gave this drive about no chance of working, but this was all my local BestBuy store had, so I figured I would try it. I just wanted to tell my DF friends out there that this drive works also. Take care and I hope you have a goodnight.
    --your friend, Justin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am going to try my LG DVD-ROM(DRD-8160B) today. Did anyone figure out the eject issue?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast