Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

L@ndon Underg@und tickets...

In the Metro (free london paper) they mentioned about buying dodgy underground cards in london pubs
    and i've seen something about it on the local news - now i pride myself on normally finding someone who will sell this sorta sh*t - but not this time..

I've had a look at these cards - they must be soooo easy to copy - yet i've seen nothing about it...?

Cards vary in colour and make - the annual cards are quite tough (plastic/cardboard) - and the weekly/daily come in huge rolls. The annual/monthly are single cards - loaded into the machine.
    It must be programmed with minimal data - say expire data, zone, serial number, and place/time bought.

I know they contain where they are bought - as i've been caught a few times trying to blag a ticket i've recently bought from a card-reseller...!

anyhow - what sorta equip is needed to read these cards - similar to CC strips - but less protected i guess. Once you read - i'm sure its easy to read back with altered details.

The annual cards cost between 600-1500 a year! Also - make these cards for weekly or monthly - i'm sure you could shift loads to your friends! (for entertainment purposes only of course)

waddya think??

BlueJam

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've asked about this before!!
    Can't seem to find it though

I beleive that you require a hico writer?? something like that, but they were expensive so i didn't persue it any further...

Apparently you can read in a card, modify the expiry date and re-write it again.

Hopefully the same experts will comment again in this thread as they did in mine

Thanks
    Karma Level

the cards are difficult to read because they are cardbord as opposed to a plastic card with a mag strip.

a friend uses a card that is two years old. he says it works, no reason to doubt him. I guess the serial number or key has come into cycle again.

wadge.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah that tricks been about a while, if you ever see a nice good travel card on teh floor, all zones pick it up in two years time it will work again!, me and my mates were selling them a few years back as far as i know they still work, only ever got caught once £10 fine but hey! who cares

Thanks
    Karma Level

cool trick, I'll have to start keeping mine. I have to get a zones 2,3,4,5,6 card every sodding month for about £85. I should really get zone 1 too, because I go through Earls Court every day.. that station is in zone 1 AND 2.. i dont see how thats possible.. it should be one or the other. ****ers. =]
    <Lionel Hutz> Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

While we're on the subject of London Underground.. last week I was at Paddington at around 11pm, and an underground staff member GAVE me a zone 1 travelcard!! He must have found it or something. "Which was nice". =]

A few weeks back I was going to Embankment (zone1) from a mainline station (zone 6). My card supports all zones except zone 1. When I got to embankment, I told the guy at the barriers I needed to buy a zone1 extension, and showed him my zones 2-6 card. He directed me to a small ticket window.. heavily understaffed.. there was a massive queue the other side and the 1 guy behind the window was frantically selling tickets. After waiting for about 4 minutes, the guy from the barriers just let me through, said it would take too long for me to get a ticket. Also, if you ever get made to buy the extension, look wide-eyed and hand them a credit card - they wont want to do a cc transaction for £1.80 - I've been let through for free recently at South Kensington doing that. Anyone else got some semi-interesting half baked underground scams?
    <Lionel Hutz> Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sometimes when my ticket isn't valid I push through behind the person in front right up with them, making the movement of putting a card in and it staying there (no beeps as you don't put a card in . It helps if you know the person in front, otherwise they might get a bit pissed off

Hx
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah you can easily fit through without the barrier shutting on you if you are really close to the guy in front. The sensor assumes you 2 must just be one fat bird... Probably with LeeElwood chasing you

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now im no expert on the underground only ever been on it once in fact. But the one time I did I purchased my ticket using some ATM style thing in the wall. Now when purchasing the ticket I realized a child ticket (for which I was in no way elidgeable) was cheaper. So as there was no one to stop me I bought one of these and traveled round all day on it quite happily. Because no one human ever actually checked my ticket.

Regards John

Thanks
    Karma Level

a couple of years back i travelled everyday from plaistow to westminster using a orange vest rolled up saying PWAY(permant way the track workers) to any ticket collecter they allways let me through. It became so regular the ticket collector at plaistow used to ask me to keep an eye on the barrier. Pway never ever show their all stations pass by the way
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

james_sinovi - be aware that when you insert a child ticket into the barrier, it makes a certain beep sound - so if the guard(s) on duty are awake (and care) they will look at you to see if you look too old.. so when you hear those beeps.... RUN OUT OF THE STATION FAST! hehe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guards???

Never saw any

Regards John

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by macdaddy
    ...saying PWAY(permant way the track workers) to any ticket . Pway never ever show their all stations pass by the way

what's pway?

wadge.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

PWAY(permant way the track workers)

if you read the posts properly...

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I heard season tickets issued before 2000 are now working again without restriction...

Havnt tested it myself though...
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by hxbro
    Sometimes when my ticket isn't valid I push through behind the person in front right up with them, making the movement of putting a card in and it staying there (no beeps as you don't put a card in . It helps if you know the person in front, otherwise they might get a bit pissed off

Hx
    An easier way is roll up a newspaper and as the first person goes through hold the paper over the sensor. This way you don't have to follow so closely as the machine thinks it's all one person. My mate travelled free for two years doing this

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive got a hico writer if someone can get one of these in the mail to me I'll see what I can do

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BFG
    PWAY(permant way the track workers)

if you read the posts properly...
    yeah m8 I got what it stands for, but who/what are they? sorry for sounding so thick but...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Earls Court is zone 2. I had a zones 2-5 travelcard for the last 5 years travelling to school/college, and always worked at Earls Court. The map technically has it in zone 1/2, which means either a zone 1 or zone 2 ticket will work in its gates.

All my friends were doing the 2 year old travelcard trick too, with the occasional tenner fine. I on the other hand couldn't be fekked to keep my old tickets :-( still, long live driving and lets hope i never have to take the train/underground again! over priced shite.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi,
    Just to confirm..... My M8 is a ticket inspector on there and the 2yr scam definately works (as you already know). Be warned that their main job at the moment is to crack down on that very scam. All they do though is target one station and hang around waiting for you. Once they catch one or two pepole it's off to fill out the paperwork and down the pub, having had a "result". They are prosecuting at the moment.

Also have you noticed the new readers on the barriers and on busses? The idea behind that is that people wont even have to take their passes out of their pockets to go through.
    Now if someone cracks that they will be in real trouble because the way they spot the two year scam is by visibly observing a tatty ticket. How are they going to catch you if they can't see what you are using to go through?

BTW I think you should actually pay yer fare. I do.

Regards Scruff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast