Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

News George Galloway MP deported from Egypt

George Galloway MP deported from Egypt

Mr Galloway had been in Gaza with an aid convoy

British MP George Galloway has been deported from Egypt. The Bow and Bethnal Green MP has been in the Middle East with international activists trying to take 200 aid trucks into the blockaded Gaza Strip.
    Egypt had refused some of the vehicles access and there have been protests and clashes on the Egypt-Gaza border.
    A spokeswoman for the activists said Mr Galloway had been driven off by police after trying to return to Gaza to help colleagues who had been arrested.
    The incident began when Respect MP Mr Galloway and colleague Ron McKay arrived at the Rafah crossing from Gaza to Egypt.
    Police convoy
    The spokeswoman said: "As soon as they emerged on to Egyptian soil, both men were forcibly pushed into a van, refused exit and told that they were leaving the country. They were then driven off in a police convoy."
    She said Mr Galloway had been put on a plane bound for London.
    On Wednesday an Egyptian soldier was killed and several Palestinians hurt during clashes over the delayed aid convoy, which involves 550 people from 17 countries. Dozens of activists had been hurt on Tuesday.
    Egypt and Israel impose a strict blockade on the Gaza Strip, which Israel says is aimed at weakening Hamas.
    The Viva Palestina aid convoy, which is carrying items including heart monitors, clothing and dental equipment, aims to break the blockade.
    Mr Galloway spent the night in a cell in Egypt in 2006 after attending an anti-war event.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8447847.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: George Galloway MP deported from Egypt

why does the bbc keep referring to them a "activists" and not unauthorised aid workers, something stinks about this story, and because it involves george galloway, you can expevt some entertaining news interviews
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Egypt and Israel impose a strict blockade on the Gaza Strip, which Israel says is aimed at weakening Hamas.
    Sounds more like the genocide and starving of innocent Palestinians to me.
    Can't believe the world just sits back and lets this happen.
    Hat's of to Galloway, his presence has probably bought this story to more peoples attention.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got loads of respect for Galloway because of this issue, he seems to be prepared to really stand up for his beliefs. Palestine was ethnicly cleansed in the 1950s and later to remove the arabs and install jews because they had been displaced by the war. The SCOP, part of the newly formed UN, seem almost comical in their total incompetence and disregard for human rights in the massive blundering mess that the whole thing has been and still is.

The thing I just don't understand is that Israel gets so much support from us. They claim that Hamas are the terrorists, but Hamas are fighting for the people who already lived there. They are also dealing with the terrorist state of Israel, and need to fight accordingly dirty.

For a recent time period, Israel received more aid from the US than the whole of sub-sahran Africa. There is a lot of guilt in the west because we just dumped a load of jews into the middle a country full of arabs and now feel we need to patch up the complete mess we have made. I really don't know what the solution is anymore, there must be two generations of jews born there who don't know anywhere else as their home now, so we can hardly retract the whole thing and move the jews back out since that would be the same as the initial ethnic cleansing that happened to the arabs to get them in in the first place. What we could do would be to properly sanction Israel, get them to stop doing things like occupying land out with what they were initially given, to stop killing Palestinian civilians to steal their farms and to generally behave and stop being such spoilt brats about the whole thing.

Here's a good book about it:
    The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine: Amazon.co.uk: Ilan Pappe: Books

And Here's Galloway owning a Sky news presenter who seems to be completely biased with Israel (as most are in the West):
    YouTube- George Galloway Savages SKY NEWS!
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs View Post
    What we could do would be to properly sanction Israel
    If Israel had to play by the same rules as everyone else, they would have been sanctioned to fuck by now, but America will veto anything that may impact Israel.

I think it may have been Condoleezza Rice who was almost about to get somewhere, but had to cancel the motion she had put forward at great embarssment as Bush told her she wasn't allowed to pursue it. And people wonder why there are consipiracy theories about Jews running the world.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 8th January 2010 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nothing more than a land grab, the map says it all, the jews were given a fair amount of land, but it's not enough for them.

Hamas know if given the chance israel will completely takeover, thats why they see no option but to take up arms.

Hope more aid reaches Gaza
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Karma Level

Respect indeed Mr Galloway Israel has created an aparteid regime simple and plain. And the fact that every government in the world isn't outraged is a complete piss take and makes a joke especially out of arseholes who want to impose there way of life on other countries ,when they are so unjust themselves.
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Galloway is an aquired taste, I personally like the guy and think he is the genuine article but there are many who think he's a c*nt. Probably the most stupid thing he ever did was go on Celebrity BB because they really made him look a tit. Other than that he has impecable Left Wing credentials, GSOH and a real gift for oratory.