ProMeteo Beta One Modchip

Thread: ProMeteo Beta One Modchip

saiyan said:

Default ProMeteo Beta One Modchip

Well, it seems that a Mod is really on the way...
    Codename: PM
    Complete name: ProMeteo Beta One
    70 wires for complete functionality, 22 for reduced (?) functionality. They claim it's easy to install tho. For specs read [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    An ethernet adapter (and special network cable) is also necessary to transfer originals from GC to PC by using a custom software. Also, a tool to cut DVD-Rs has been developed.
    I attached a zipfile containing various photos. Enjoy

bobbydavro said:

Hmm very dubious?

SSJ2 Gohan said:

is this 4 real??
    saiyan can i ask if this information is reliable??
    or is it another fake

is there more information avaible for this??
    cheers
    Last edited by SSJ2 Gohan; 25th July 2002 at 06:57 PM.

kingdong said:

Very dubious and poor quality photo,s. I,ll believe it when i see it, besides 71 wires huh....! easy to install ??? I dont think so. Is there enough room in the GC for 71 wires ?? think i,ll stick with freeloader for now.

kd

pizza-man said:

where does he find this info ???

saiyan said:

I found this info on an Italian forum (URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ) and I don't know if it's a fake or not...

101 said:

looks like a GBC flash cart with a big old dip glued to it, in Pointpm.jpg you can see the bottom edge of the battery on the right side under the dip. I call BS on this one...

Yazmon said:

Originally posted by 101
    looks like a GBC flash cart with a big old dip glued to it, in Pointpm.jpg you can see the bottom edge of the battery on the right side under the dip. I call BS on this one...
    Yeah, all the holes in the PCB make it look very fake. Heh, and the disapearing battery...

Load of toss.

kingdong said:

of course it is... I mean 71 wires who the hell could have sussed this with all that homebrew they supposed to have as well.
    what a load of toss

kd

saiyan said:

Originally posted by 101
    You're right m8, I didn't notice it...damn!

leefart2 said:

i like the big nut and bolt, whats all that about?

kingdong said:

this bullshit isn,t worth a thread or any posts.

kd

El_Dadou said:

Default Re: ProMeteo Beta One Modchip

Originally posted by saiyan
    Also, a tool to cut DVD-Rs has been developed.
    that's the best thing i've heard for a long time ^_^
    soooo funny ...

saiyan said:

OK I told the starter of this hype about the fake photos and he replied that the developing group intentionally released fake photos to avoid copying of their material...hmm, true or not?

ABCMan said:

usualy not true as most of the work is in the code either on the chip or in the software, neither of which is released, i'm afraid someone is pulling your leg.

you know everyone wants it to be true, so in the back of our minds is "could it be true", but so many fakes would suggest that anyone doing anything now would either just release or post something that couldnt be refuted

Goku4ever said:

THE NEW TeamBMM(da mutha****ers)

Adit18 said:

The tool to cut DVD-Rs is the biggest piece of BS I've ever heard.... don't even need to look at the pics!!!