Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ABCMan

Default Well, are the mods/admins on here a bunch of arrogant tw@ts?

having seen howitis parting words i'd be amused to see if others felt the same way.

no one will get banned for posting yes, but it would be nice to know where we are going wrong (if you think we are).

please remember that normal forum rules of decency apply though.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i voted yes cos its 10 midnight ive had a shit week and im board shitless oh and ya not doing n e thing rong

(ps. to normal members they can see who voted Muahahahah )

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

ABCMan

Originally posted by Cam
    i voted yes cos its 10 midnight ive had a shit week and im board shitless oh and ya not doing n e thing rong

(ps. to normal members they can see who voted Muahahahah )
    it's true, admin can see who voted in any poll, however i did ask that if someone voted yes to please say why so maybe we can try that little harder.

if you voted yes and said why then EVERYONE already knows so it doesn't matter if we can see the results or not

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well things seem to tick over reasnobly smoothly on the forums so they must be doing something right

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its not arrogance - its just telling it like it is without the bullshit however I have seen a certain mod (no names) jump on people once or twice and being a little bit too hasty in replying when a measured response would have been more beneficial I reckon.

On balance tho I reckon you guys do a good job

I voted no btw.
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

been here a while and no grumbles its free after all (I will contribute once uni is finished)

little bit heavy with the censorship sometimes but seing how many threads get out of hand fully agree with it

good job lads keep it up

ABCMan

Originally posted by canardo
    been here a while and no grumbles its free after all (I will contribute once uni is finished)

little bit heavy with the censorship sometimes but seing how many threads get out of hand fully agree with it

good job lads keep it up
    you make a fair point on censorship, however some things are censored because we are forced to (like sony mod stuff), some are censored because they are words not too suitable for our younger members (even though they all know them already), some are censored to prevent spamming (like http://www.************.com ). the main issue on censorship has revolved around religion and animal rights that is because some of us have very strong feelings about some matters and sadly it can cause trouble amongst us all so its better to limit such talk than risk some people being banned over their personal beliefs.

i hope that clears things up a bit on that, if it doesnt feel free to pm me and i'll look into it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you read and agree to the rules before you post everything will be sweet. If you don't you should f*ck off rather than spoil it for others.
    I've never had a prob with any admin or moderators on DF, but could one of you please tell madmanc to stop sending me PM's telling me of his love for Leeds United.

ABCMan

Originally posted by LEE
    but could one of you please tell madmanc to stop sending me PM's telling me of his love for Leeds United.
    i know what you mean, between him and his love for leeds and diablos pm's about how great celtic are my mailbox keeps getting filled up

Thanks
    Karma Level

They have no concern for how busy you already are m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've voted 'NO'.

(I went into HUGE detail about why- blame the spliffs and bottle of wine Luckily I re-read before posting, so I've deleted it all and summarised it below. I guess you can imagine how much s**t there was before )

Suffice to say that IMHO, the people who administer / mod 'net "groups" of ANY description (WWW, IRC, Usenet etc) often end up with a "holier than thou" attitude and start bullying and pushing people about - I guess it's the power trip...

HOWEVER, I think that the lads involved in DF are a hell of a lot better than most I have seen over the years I've been on the 'net (and its been a few). I've yet to see a mod/admin on DF who wasn't willing to help newbies so long as they had read up a bit on the sticky's before posting. OK, personalities will clash now and again, but thats life. Live with it.

Most "normal"'net users have no idea how much time and effort it takes to look after a "community" like this and personally, I think we owe the mods/admin our thanks.

So, from me at least, THANKS lads, and keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i voted yes... they are a bunch of ****s... especially the Super Moderators.. they should all be ****ing shot!! lol

:coffee:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D 1
    however I have seen a certain mod (no names) jump on people once or twice and being a little bit too hasty in replying
    i could guess who u mean and if its teh mod im thinkin off then you are a right if ur on about the same 1 i am lol

Suffice to say that IMHO, the people who administer / mod 'net "groups" of ANY description (WWW, IRC, Usenet etc) often end up with a "holier than thou" attitude and start bullying and pushing people about - I guess it's the power trip...
    i dont think its a power trip i think its more they get singled out and attacked because of bad dissions i think its the members who are the bunch of arrogant tw@ts? who moan when either 1 thing goes rong or they disagree i no how much time effort is put into keeping boards like this up and running ......or am i just ramberling again?!

i voted yes... they are a bunch of ****s... especially the Super Moderators.. they should all be ****ing shot!! lol
    scottish 1s are the worse!!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D 1
    however I have seen a certain mod (no names) jump on people once or twice and being a little bit too hasty in replying when a measured response would have been more beneficial I reckon.
    that'll be me i take it.. im not arguing with u.. infact i might agree with you, but my job isnt to make friends... its to help ppl and keep the shite out... and thats what i try to do its just that the majority of the shite is posted in the dnd... which happens to be one of my sections

Thanks
    Karma Level

We have the biggest and best forum that has been successfully running for a long time and we attract a few knobs too . I dont believe in the softly softly approach when it comes to dicks wanting to upset the running of the forums . Im firm but usually fair and Im not afraid to admit when I make mistakes and have been known to overturn decisions when I have made a mistake.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by marcode
    that'll be me i take it.. im not arguing with u.. infact i might agree with you, but my job isnt to make friends... its to help ppl and keep the shite out... and thats what i try to do its just that the majority of the shite is posted in the dnd... which happens to be one of my sections
    Sorry mate, its not you.

Dont be so paranoid. lol
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D 1
    Sorry mate, its not you.

Dont be so paranoid. lol
    hes not paranoid cos i thought u ment him as well

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by D 1
    Sorry mate, its not you.

Dont be so paranoid. lol
    bah... pity

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted YES ... i couldn't agree with the title of this thread more.... especially marcode... what a first class knob he is! I'm not sure if CJ fits into that catagory.. he's more your Weird Freak Tranny type tw*t

BUT it doesnt stop there, oh no, your all arrogant tw*ts every last one of you... cept me of course.....

I'm just a top class gobshite saf landan cockney c*nt
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm, I can't really vote "Yes" or "No".

There's a good few mods/admin here and they all seem to do a good job except one (maybe two) who is (are) a bit arrogant. BTW, I'm not referring to you either, marcode.

Might be fairer to list every mod/admin and get members to vote on which one is the most arrogant.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast