ok...say u have a $#!tty xbox dvd drive..and you want to use cheap dvd-r or dvd-rw but you are not the kind of person that like to open up ur xbox and are too lazy to play with the POT...(like me) well try this....

1.get the evolution X DASHBOARD to ur HD on XBOX
2.put in a game that is burned on the cheap or that is unable to read by ur xbox (u know...the one that always give u the DIRTY DISK ERROR)....now in this case ofcourse ur xbox will just boot to the evo dash..but no worries....
3.fire up flashftp or what ever u are using to connect ur xbox and make sure you go into" D drive." ( "D:/" ) the dvd rom drive on xbox...now u will see folders and files...ok...
4.go to "command" and then "raw command" (for those of u who use flashftp) then type "EXECUTE D:/default.xbe" (without quote) and sit back and see the game boot...

i know it's an extra step to go through...but if you want u can edit menu.ini and just set it up as a command..so there is no need to use ftp....either way it's a good idea if you don't want to buy more branded disks and spend more money on dvd-r/rw

i tried this on a few system already ..and all of them boot disks that they weren't able to before... i don't know if it will work for sure for everyone....but it's worth a try