Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anyone into Oil?

Hi guys,

currently, the only holding i have in oil is HAWK which im seriously down on - this was mainly due to listening to hype, and very little research. I hope i have learned my leason, and am now only really down on SXX , however i truely believe that will come good one day. (down on a few othesr, but only a few quid here or there)

Anyway - i think i would like to give oil another go, and was wondering if any of you had some advice / opinions on the following.

FOGL - i am leaning towards buying in here, but looking for a good entry price. Currently i am thinking £1.50 would be good.
    DES - i think the price is quite high, and am not sure how much further it can go mid term.
    RKH - similar sort of company to des, but lower market cap.
    SOLO - complete punt. partnering tullow oil on a big project, (only 12% stake) but if it comes good, could be a big earner
    NTOG - another risky one with potential earnings.

Im not looking to ramp any of these, but wouldnt mind some balanced discussion about any of the above, or something else you are looking at.

Ta
    Q
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone into Oil?

i am into NTOG for a few grand on a punt, the others i cant really comment on as dont know much about them. only advice i can give is only invest what you can afford to loose i guess.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive been holdin DES since 60p (Only invested £600 )
    I got alot invested in PELE (since 47p)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    Ive been holdin DES since 60p (Only invested £600 )
    I got alot invested in PELE (since 47p)
    and what do you think of DES Sanj - still got some growth or do you think it has hit its peak? either way - why do you think its going to happen?

Thanks
    Karma Level

NOP has always served me well, saw it ride to 200p once, but it has been hit hard like all the ollies.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Only if you roll it and smoke it
    If your happy with the help push the rep button

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did anyone have a look into the above mentioned companies? they have all had a major hit over the last few days - prices have come down a good 15-20% and look attractive buys. then again, they could keep going down and completly tank

Thanks
    Karma Level

There was a thing in the local rag today about companies rushing to get into the next licensing round for the north sea just now. I assume that affects the share price of companies who try to get the rights to juicy places of exploring new stuff.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi guys,

just a bit of FYI for anyone who cares!

i got into FOGL this morning at £1.61 a share. im hoping its north for a while. this ones quite risky, so as soon as i make a small profit (if i do) i think i will bail. potential is huge if you have the balls to hold on. as i said originally, IF they find oil, then your laughing. if not, your crying!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bit of an update - ALL of the above shares are exploding today. some have news that they have found oil, some have a drill ship that have arrived, but regardless all up and away. I wish i got into SOLO - it has doubled since my first post!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cant wait till i can use the words "exploading" and "HAWK" in the same sentance

Some good shouts above though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Update again..

RKH announced they found oil. There share price plumeted to circa 30p when DES announced there first well didnt have any oil. They announced a find on thursday, and are now sitting around£1.90 a share. All the oillies in the fawklands have gone up because of the news. Some to watch me thinks..

Thanks
    Karma Level

In February i made an investment into FOGL, at 161p, following reoprts that exploration was to start around the Falklands.

At the time a colleague of mine made investments into RKH instead, at 65p.

From what i can gather, RKH have the exploration rights for the North of the island, but FOGL have the rights for South of the island. So, whilst FOGL shares have steadily risen this week on the back of RKH's announcement, FOGL should follow in suit if ('when' ) they start exploring to the South of the Island where they believe most of the oil to be located..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rebrabuk View Post
    In February i made an investment into FOGL, at 161p, following reoprts that exploration was to start around the Falklands.

At the time a colleague of mine made investments into RKH instead, at 65p.

From what i can gather, RKH have the exploration rights for the North of the island, but FOGL have the rights for South of the island. So, whilst FOGL shares have steadily risen this week on the back of RKH's announcement, FOGL should follow in suit if ('when' ) they start exploring to the South of the Island where they believe most of the oil to be located..
    RKH have actually found a sizeable amount of oil - still waiting on the results of some tests, but if they confirm they find what they expect, RKH will be circa £6. FOGL will go up when they announce they have a deep water rig, but only modestly compared to RKH. If fogl announced a big find, then you are talking double digits! If not, down to zero.

Thanks
    Karma Level

RKH today announced the oil they have found is of good grade, and their is plenty of it - share price currenty up 40% again and sitting at around 340p. Again, all of the oilies are up on this. I hold in FOGL, who have now spudded for their first well - in approximately 30 days they will announce if they have found oil. Not holding by breath - there is about 15% chance of success - the real prospects for them are in deep water, which they plan to drill later this year (expected nov/dec). congrats to anyone that got involved in RKH - you are currently up over 500% (if u got in at 60p or below!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just make sure you don't set auto stop losses on these aim shares as they are too open to manipulation. A lot of people got massively fucked over by the mm's on tuesday when they forced the price down on RKH to 65p (ish), it then bounced straight back up to 240p.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Since writing my last post a few weeks ago, i invested into RKH at an average price of 218p.

I was watching the market activity live on Wednesday when it was 'manipulated', worrying times. All come good in the end though and i resisted the urge to bail out so now holding a small profit in RKH.

Looking forward to FOGL's drilling results, as well as the next drill by RKH at Ernest.

With a couple of successful drills on the trot, i'd be a very happy man.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Totally unrelated to the Falklands, but another one i've had a punt on is DPL, Dominion Petroleum.

They're due to spud in the next week and are currently sitting at 5.63p per share.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exciting times to be in FOGL - RNS expected next week, most likely monday/tuesday. If oil is struck, SP will rise massively - at least 70%. If they hit a duster, it will drop like a stone - 50% minimum. Roll on next week!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not to mention the associated effect it will have on Desire who are waiting for FOGL and Rockhopper to finish with the rig so that they can drill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks