Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default january signing's

the celtic board have made another great signing making danish international goal machine Morten Rasmussen their latest acquisition...here is an interesting paragraph from his wiki

On 21. January 2010, Morten "Duncan" Rasmussen transferred to footballing giants Celtic FC. Duncan stated that he was ready to win the Champions League with the club, but first and foremost to "skelp some Huns." Not all of them, though, Big Jos wants one or two for himself. This continues the theme of Celtic building a side to not only wipe the floor with their rivals in a footballing sense, but to eradicate the Hun with Scandanavian robust.

how do the fans of other scottish clubs feel their club has performed in the january window?

shame fan's will probably feel a bit left out as they have signed as many players as their average fans i.q but may like to discuss losing their most valuable player to martin o neill's aston villa...just the latest to leave the sinking ship...

if only now we could get 10-12 million for mc geady it would be an outstanding month..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: january signing's

Rasmussen's signing has now been confirmed...

Scottish Giants Celtic Sign Morten Rasmussen From Brondby – Report
    Bhoys manager Tony Mowbray has reportedly signed Danish international Rasmussen for a fee of over €1.5 million...

By Robin Bairner
    Jan 22, 2010 9:35:00 AM
    Photo Gallery Zoom
    Celtic fans (Getty Images)
    Related Links
    Teams
    Celtic
    Players
    Morten Rasmussen
    According to a report in Danish publication Ekstra Bladet, Scottish Premier League club Celtic have successfully completed a move for Danish international striker Morten Rasmussen.

The Glasgow club have seen a significant overhaul of their playing staff over the last three weeks, with established names such as Gary Caldwell and Barry Robson being moved on along with squad players Chris Killen and Willo Flood. Manager Tony Mowbray has moved swiftly to replace these figures, with Ki Sung-Yong, nicknamed ‘Dave’, Jos Hooiveld and Thomas Rogne all signing during this window.

It would seem that further offensive strength is required in the Bhoys ranks, though, as they have toiled to score goals when on top this term. After being frustrated by a 1-1 draw against bitter rivals Rangers in the recent Old Firm derby in which they dominated, it seems that Mowbray has selected Rasmussen as the man to ease their worries in front of goal.

Boasting a goal ratio of nearly one every two matches with Brondby, the 24-year-old 6ft 1in front player would seem to have the attributes to succeed in Scotland, and a €1.7 million bid to his present employers has seemingly been enough to secure his services, though there is also a suggestion that there could be appearance-related bonuses for the Danish side.

This news correlates neatly with suggestions that Australia striker Scott McDonald could be poised for a Parkhead exit.
    http://goal.com/en/news/461/scotland...n-from-brondby

been a great january window for us cutting out some dead wood and bringing in some good signing's, whilst our rival's suffering from deep financial trouble are having to have a fire sale and are losing their only talented players with no replacements.

mendez looks to be their latest player to be going for a knock down price with lisbon cp looking to steal him at a knockdown price that they know scotland's shame need to accept on orders from their owners,lloyds tsb

all members here are now shareholders in scotlands shame indirectly wether we like it or not and we don't seem to be getting kept in the loop from their fans on the board....this is why i'm doing my bit to keep us all informed...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Is this mobray admitting that fortune hasnt had the impact expected from him?

This lad seems a good sigining and id imagine he work well with mcdonald who could feed off his knock downs. If i was fortune id be worried.

Thanks
    Karma Level

possibly mitch but i keep hearing rumours that mc donald wants to leave.mowbray took a bit of a chance with big fortune that maybe hasn't worked out yet but at long as we are trying to bring in decent signing's like this i wouldn't be having a go at him over it.

looking forward to the rest of the season now...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree i always think it normally takes a player about half a season to 1 season in a new league/ team to settle. For a manager about 2 -3 seasons before he really gets his team in place playing to their full potetntial.

Unfortunatly in football these days few playrs or managers are afforded any time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

decent fans will leave mowbray to it for now and have a bit of faith in the big man mitch.the scottish media on the other hand have their own agenda in the way they like to portray him.

other fans shouldn't bother their arse coming to parkhead to give their own players and staff abuse...big samaras seems to get a lot of it even after the guy has tried his heart out...i've had arguments with wankers shouting "your pish" etc every time the guy gets the ball.those guys aren't real fans..

all in all we should be happy with the way this window has gone for us..sales and signing's have gone well and the shame's meltdown continues

Thanks
    Karma Level

Boro have most of the celtic lot dont they

Thanks
    Karma Level

strachan has signed up 5 of our surplus to needs players...i suspect they'll do a job down there for the smaller club..