Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

will they replace my x-box??

I bought an x-box a few months ago from Currys. I recently decided to get an X-ecuter chip for it, which arrived yesterday. Today I decided to fit the chip , but failed miserably. I've thrown the damn chip in the bin and have totalled the x-box. I paid for extended warranty with Currys, but do you think that they will exchange the unit if they see any signs of it being opened (one of the stickers is holed!). Do they check out the unit thoroughly, or do they just hand over a new one?? Please advise me before I throw the x box in the bin too.
    cheers

pmat

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As long as u havnt registered the serial it, take it back. If u have buy another then swap the guts, then take it back lol, and see if u can get a refund.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

1st thing mate why did you hole the stickers - they peel very easily - also curries have always swapped anything i have taken back - so you should be ok
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah ive always found curries good for returns, but they might not swap it when they see the holes, domt forget if you got the extended warrenty then they have your name and address.

also m8, if you come to the point where your gonna throw the old box away then dont, im sure there are a lot of people on here who would buy it off you for parts.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Pulls hair out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'll give it a go......I am tempted to buy another one and peel off the sticker that i knackered and just replace it.
    I do have the box though, and I have only had the xbox a couple of months. So, if I box it up nice, I should be able to claim a new one off the 12month manufacturers warranty?? yes?

cheers anyway guys...if i get caught out i'll just act even dafter than usual !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just been to Currys to change my x-box.........they gave me the number of Microsoft to contact for details of what to do!! gits. looks like its to be consigned to the bin, unless MS sell replacement motherboards. Anyone know if they do??

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks like ur up the creek without a paddle m8, i used 2 work 4 curries n ive seen sum rite numptys in my time.
    id suggest that u find the money 2 buy another 1 n go 2 argos buy a new 1 then return the 1 u got from currys 2 argos going mad while shreeking things such as "i paid for a new x-box, i xpect a new x-box" , "this is your mistake, u sort it" and finally "i dont want 2 cause trouble but if u dont get this sorted soon ill let u xplain 2 my son why his new x-box isnt workin/new, then ill get trading standards down here n u can xplain 2 them 2".

from my xperience this approach on a saturday afternoon when its busy will get u the offer ov a new x-box, when its offered accept it, then go 2 back an hour l8r after doin ur shoppin say that uve had 2 x-boxs in as many days, the first 1 had been used already and the replacement doesnt even work properly.
    then demand a refund on the spot as u r fed up ov the fu(k about n ur son wants 2 spend the money on a mobile fone from a different shop.

it is a big prat about m8 but ive tried it myself u can get away with it cause the staff dont actually no much bout consoles neway.

DM

Thanks
    Karma Level

send it to playstationchips.co.uk, they got a good repair record - should be to sort an xbox pretty cheaply as well

Thanks
    Karma Level

I also bought an x-box from Curry's, got the extended warranty then duly fooked it up trying to chip it. When i phoned curry's they said they would have to send out an engineer first to see if it can be repaired. They would only replace it if it was un-repairable. So that idea was out the window cos i know the engineer would take one look and tell me to get stuffed.

I reckon u got 2 options:

1. Throw it down the stairs (so the casing cracks) and then phone curry's and tell them you accidently dropped it carrying it down the stairs.

2. Do an Argos
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers guys, i wouldn't mind another x-box anyway (one for upstairs). I think i'll do a gut-swapping exercise with a new one from Argos and just have a replcement for the newly duff one!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Toys r us replaced mine but only after a shit load of bother. and that involved sending my xbox back to MS which they returned still ****ed.even my new Xbox aint working propley the gits

Thanks
    Karma Level

long live Argos!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

my m8 had problems with port 4 on his xbox i took chip out he sent it back in a box provided my them and he was informed it would not be fixed and his warrenty is void so he gets his xbox back with contoler port 4 still F**ked so i think no matter what if u go inside its at your own risk so get it chipped with some one that is good at chipping but some time its just a **** Xbox so its a 50 50 chance u take

ABCMan

i'm sure there are members on here that could have a damned good go at fixing it for you, they could probably fit your chip at the same time, it might help to ask i'm sure someone will pm you, however it will cost you, but a lot less than a new xbox

Thanks
    Karma Level

exchanged for a good one!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You could've told curry's to go **** themselves when they gave u microsoft's number to phone as it's just a fobbing off trick. If you bought it from curry's it's their responsibility to change/repair it, nowt to do with microsoft. The contract of purchase is with the shop, not the manufacturer of the equipment. It busts my chops when stores try this trick, they just assume most people don't know their rights. Ahh well u have a new one now so problem solved. /me gets down off my soapbox and try's to calm down!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by pmat
    exchanged for a good one!!
    That's great news. Did they just cave in? or did you give them lots of grief
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went into Argos and bought another one, took it home, but some devious bastard has swapped a screwed-up one for the good one that I should have had!! I went back to Argos and exchanged it for a working one and swapped my duff one for the good one, took it back again and told them that it didn't work, so they gave me a new one! Ok, so i've got 2 x-boxes, but I've got one upstairs and one in the spare living room on the 44"sony!

Thanks
    Karma Level

ha, ha - might have been me.
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast