Close

JueUK

Default Newbie Sky Digital User Help.

Hi, I've had my Sky digital installed this morning with the Sky World Pak.

My installation engineer told me that I NEEDED !! to keep the phone line connected at all times, this and that reason.

Do they really send updates through the phone ? or is it just so they can keep an eye on you ?

I'm basically gonna disconnect it when I get home tonight. Will they be right on my case ?

The engineer told me that it invalidates my warranty.. Hmmm very suspect .. More like I can't order any Sky Box Office movies hmmm

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its part of the agreement conditions that you have a working phone line connected to the system. It there for you to order pay per view movies and use the interactive functions of the system.

If you unplug the phone line, you dont as such invalidate the warrranty but if you dont feel right about it then unplug it.

Sky do call your system from time to time so that they can get any pay per view movies etc that you have ordered and then charge you for it.

ok
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as Realist says m8,

sky will check your box once a month to optain info on movies n'stuff.they'll know you've unplugged and gone against the agreement you made.

leave it plugged in m8,doesn't harm anything anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default sky box office battery trick

i have heard of a trick. by disconnecting the phone line and connecting a PPf 9volt battery to the 2 terminals of the phone line going into the box you can watch any box office programs you like for FREE.

My mate tried it and it worked for so long. Then the system said please phone this number you have exceeded your credit. Does anyone know how to extend or clear the system without contacting 5ky.

once you do this i dont think you can reconnect the phone line, otherwise 5ky will know what you did or will charge you for your free viewing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have heard of a trick. by disconnecting the phone line and connecting a PPf 9volt battery to the 2 terminals of the phone line going into the box you can watch any box office programs you like for FREE.
    This has been covered many times, do a search and you'll discover why this doesn't work

Thanks
    Karma Level

i did do a search initially. but came up with nothing. can you help. can you point me to the link or give me an idea on finding the link. or could you advise is there a way of clearing its memory. will 5ky know what has been done, or just charge you if you reconnect? if so what is the credit limit of a 5ky card?

Thanks
    Karma Level

good god, do u think ppl wouldnt order hundreads of pay per view films a month if u could clear the credit limit... no, its not possible, yet......heres hoping it happens sometime in the future.

the limit is 50 quid i think, so u can either order 50 quid worth of films then never reconnect ur box, or pay... thats it... sorry