Title: X-Box Hard Disk Password Viewer v1.0
Does: Gives the password for your X-Box hard disk!
Doesn't: Unlock the disk.
Allow you to lock another disk.
(Hopefully these features will be in the next release of X-Box Linux*
for those who have their X-Box hard disk passwords.)
Use: 1) Boot X-Box Linux 0.1 on your X-Box
2) Run an NFS server on your network.
3) Create somewhere to mount the NFS path on the X-Box.
e.g. mkdir /mnt/nfs
3) Mount the location of hdkey_gen on your X-Box.
e.g. mount 192.168.0.1:/home/xbox /mnt/nfs
4) Change to the mounted directory.
e.g. cd /mnt/nfs
5) Run hdkey_gen.
6) Make a note of password (or save to file to NFS)
e.g. ./hdkey_gen > mypass.txt
Code: Code is precompiled, so you don't have to. It is included so you can see
the changes I have made. A script called maker is included to build the
program. It relies on you having built and installed uClibc from
The eeprom decryption key is included.
Eeprom contents are read from /proc/xbox/eeprom.bin
Credits: This code and logic is almost entirely the work of Lehner Franz** &
Speedbump** (and possibly others too). It has only been altered
slightly by me, to get it into the more useful state as distributed.
* This release is not connected with the X-Box Linux project is any way.
** The original authors of the code have not been consulted about this release
and have not consented to its distribution. They are in no way connected with