Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Worth a Read - EVERYONE!

Just got this from a mate of mine that works in the Magistrates Court...

You can speed as much as you like now!

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into "fines, their payment methods, and how points are automatically added against drivers licences" we discovered something very interesting "If You Get a Speeding Fine." This has been tried and it works... I tried to send this to everyone I know. I know that for a fact is works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license. This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, 40, then make the cheque out for 41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

***DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!**

Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members as well!!!

dEVS!

Thanks
    Karma Level

This has been around for ages, the only problem is when you send in the cheque you also send your driving licence, and as you said they dont add the points on to your licence until all financial transactions are complete therefore they don't send your licence back until it has the points and you have paid. If you then apply for a Replacement licence and pay the costs for that which i believe are in the region of £30 you still might not even get your licence back and even if you do they would probably have added the points then.

Gimp

Hope somebody understood that :S

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought that you might have to send your driving licence off with the cheque! Yet if you already have a copy of your licence with no point's on them can you not just let them keep the old one?

dEVS!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i saw them try this on top gear or something - its a bit of an urban myth and doesn't work - shame!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

you could keep a copy and that would be fine, if all you wanted to do was use it as proof of age for buying beer and stuff. Most places would demand the original for anything official, you probably couldn't even get an account at blockbuster with a photocopied one

Gimp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gimp I didn't mean a photocopied one - I was taking about having two copies you can request a new copy at any time and pretend that you have lost the original.

dEVS!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah true, sorry bud i assumed you meant a photocopy. i suppose you could do that. Police may see it as fraud tho as when you request a replacement it gets registered as lost/stolen. think you would have to prove it was a "Genuine Mistake" if you got caught.
    Very possible tho

On the other hand if you didn't tell your insurance company and then you had an accident they may decide that your insurance is invalid and then you would be really shafted. Guess its a risk and its upto the individual.

Gimp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah fair comments mate - it hardly seems worth it!

dEVS!