Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Do YOU go and support your club

After alot of the arguing and pi$$ taking over the past couple of weeks from various new and old members, I thought it was about time to see who put thier money where there mouth is.... :annoyed:

I for one have been going Spurs since 1990 as a member, season ticket and even Security for a couple of years.... I may not have the same opinion as other but at least I have got it from watching the actual matches... :grr:
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Do YOU go and support your club

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim
    After alot of the arguing and pi$$ taking over the past couple of weeks from various new and old members, I thought it was about time to see who put thier money where there mouth is.... :annoyed:

I for one have been going Spurs since 1990 as a member, season ticket and even Security for a couple of years.... I may not have the same opinion as other but at least I have got it from watching the actual matches... :grr:
    4 years of a season ticket, but before i had my season ticket it was about 10 games a season

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been going to Stamford Bridge since I was a kid and been a season ticket holder for many a year now. Go to some away games and CL ones too (Rome recently! :thumbs )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Even though it's hard for me now as Leeds is 3 hour's away, I'd say I catch at least 10 home games a season. If they are ever in the capital I do make the effort to go along.

Even with a poll m8, who is going to admit to being a glory supporting, armchair hugging bitch?

*Shotgunjim stopped working Security at The Lane when 3 Japanese tourist's attacked him thinking he was about to rob them* - THAT IS TRUE!!!!!
    Last edited by Tattooed Freak; 23rd January 2004 at 08:02 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think armchair pundits are disgraceful people who live in London who support Man Utd are Sick *******s!
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DelTrotter
    I think armchair pundits are disgraceful people who live in London who support Man Utd are Sick *******s!
    Out of intrest, who do you support?

Thanks
    Karma Level

been on the season ticket waiting list for a year now, still only 7 more to go unless the new stadium clears the backlog. theres a 5 year waiting list for the ticket registration service !!... ticket prices just gone through the roof and with a young family i just cant afford to go many games. been a supporter since i was knee high and can remember standing in the corner next to the north bank when my dad used to take me.

someone i know just offered tickets for tommorrows game at face value, two at £62 each, (upper east) fook me try explaining that one to the wife, i think i'll get a decent sat system or keep on trying the b/band connection for the internet broadcasts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I work shifts, weekends included. Missed about 3 home games in the past 5 years. By hook or by crook I get there. Turned up at many an away game ticketless and get something sorted (b*stard touts prices). I make time, not excuses. :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey DelTrotter, The Man U fans in London actually do travel to the games well alot of them do anyway. Have you ever driven up the M1 or M6 the day of a United match at Old Traford? the vast majority of cars have people with shirts on scalfs out of the windows.

I have been going to Bolton Matches since I was 2 weeks old, I spent the matches in the first aid room but I was there. My Grandad and Dad have worked for the club and I now work for the club. I started selling programs and then went on to the Turnstiles when we were at Burnden Park and I then went up to the Reebok.

Im not sure if this classes me as a suporter because I dont pay to go infact I am paid to go and I watch the match for nothing. but if I didnt work there I would have a season ticket without a doubt. but in the interest of this poll i go to EVERY home match even the early cup games and I stay and watch. I also got to as many away matches as I can. I also try to go and see some of the smaller local teams Bury, Acrinton Stanley, Southport, Leigh RMI, Wigan Blackpool, Morcambe and anyone else if there are no matches that Bolton are involved in. I like to watch live football not interested in the stuff on TV.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I work in Leeds (unfortunately) but make it to all Man Uniteds home fixtures - bar the few that I cant make it to . Usually get a European away in and a few away games through the season.... no chance of a season ticket though - but we usually get them for odd seasons as no f@@ker gives em up - even if they have to go and work abroadv

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John
    Hey DelTrotter, The Man U fans in London actually do travel to the games well alot of them do anyway. Have you ever driven up the M1 or M6 the day of a United match at Old Traford? the vast majority of cars have people with shirts on scalfs out of the windows.

I have been going to Bolton Matches since I was 2 weeks old, I spent the matches in the first aid room but I was there. My Grandad and Dad have worked for the club and I now work for the club. I started selling programs and then went on to the Turnstiles when we were at Burnden Park and I then went up to the Reebok.

Im not sure if this classes me as a suporter because I dont pay to go infact I am paid to go and I watch the match for nothing. but if I didnt work there I would have a season ticket without a doubt. but in the interest of this poll i go to EVERY home match even the early cup games and I stay and watch. I also got to as many away matches as I can. I also try to go and see some of the smaller local teams Bury, Acrinton Stanley, Southport, Leigh RMI, Wigan Blackpool, Morcambe and anyone else if there are no matches that Bolton are involved in. I like to watch live football not interested in the stuff on TV.
    Must admit, im a Man U supporter and its hard to get to games! I mean i've got membership and apply for ever ticket that goes on sale (if i've got the dough) and if im not at the ground i'll be at the pub to watch it! But it does my head in though all the cockney united fans I mean a lota em have season tickets and come up every weekend and people like me who live a stonethrow away from the ground cant even get a season ticket...i'd have a ticket straight away if one was offered...pimp the missus till i get enough money or something but defo pi$$ take the cockney reds!

Thanks
    Karma Level

been going to the bridge since i was 6, 99% of home games and about 40% away

oh yeah i think all the mufc london supporters should hand their tickets over to locals
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm 35 been going since I was a kid, had a season ticket for the last 17 years used to go to all the away games as well till my two nippers arrived on the scene so I don't get to to many of them now however i'm still very active in europe And for all the SUN readers I've lived all my life in a district in Manchester called Newton Heath which is what Manchester united were originaly called and where it all started................................

Thanks
    Karma Level

MancRed
    One of the best things you can do if you want to get tickets slightly more often is to find an address in the south of the country to have your tickets sent to. The reason being that if a fan travels from the south they are much more likley to visit the united shop what ever it is now called and spend even more money because they dont know how often they will get up there. My dad and a few others from Bolton work on the turnstiles at Old trafford and the number of people that go in carrying bags from the shop is unbeliveable. The next most common people to get tickets are local fans.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Occasional Everton fan - but not through choice. I live in Essex so home games are nigh on impossible, and getting away tickets for Everton games is bloody difficult - most games I see involve me sitting in the wrong section.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice to see that so many of us make the effort the best way we can to support out club :thumbs

It is also interesting to see that alot of the moaners and winers are nowhere to be seen.... :nowords:
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to be a season ticket holder for leeds from when I was 14, first season ticket was £56 in the Lowfields road stand.
    I had a season ticket for around 6 years or so, and used to go to every home game whether it was league, simod cup, fa cup, rumbelows cup whatever.
    I then me are lass, and for a few years she could get tickets through her work for £10/£12 when they should have been around £20, so I stopped the season ticket and just go these tickets instead, and then over the years I've kinda gone to less games per season, just choosing which ones I wanted to go to
    I have been to Rome a few years ago to watch a euro away game, and went to all the champions league and uefa cup home games.

Overall I guess I've probably been to hundreds of Leeds games and hope in the future to go to many more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go to all Celtic domestic games home and away and have done ever since i can remember, go to about 90% of european games away from home missing only boavista away last year(no ticket) and lithuania away this year (new baby) . Booked up for teplice and can't ******* wait.

ONE CALLED RONALD
    ONE CALLED FRANK
    BOTH PLAY FOR RANGERS
    AND BOTH ARE F***ING WA*KS

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a Middlesbrough Fan and used to be a season ticket holder till a few years back, now rarely get to go to matches, mainly due to the fact I work 9-6 every saturday and as I'm a student I don't really have the money to get them anymore...BUT I do listen to the matches every week on the radio, and watch the premiership when I can...So you could call me a armchair fan, yet I don't feel myself to be, as I'm as passionate about my team as much as someone who goes to every match

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was a season ticket holder for about 4 years, 6 years ago.
    I now go to nearly every away game on a coach. Its much more fun!
    All in all been going on & off since about 88.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2002
    I have been to Rome a few years ago to watch a euro away game,
    I went there! Great game but what a ****ing nightmare the Italian kops were! :annoyed:

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast