Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABCMan

Default Leeds ? relegated this season?

I realise that this may wind up a few, but its not a wind up, leeds are playing like a bunch of donkeys, they got beaten by the better side tonight, man city were the better team the other day (even though the scoreline sugested otherwise) i'd like to hear peoples thoughts because if leeds continue to play as badly as they have then relegation must be a possibility, do you think el tel has lost the plot? would leeds have been better off hanging onto dol untill they could grab martin o'neal next season, if leeds continue to let players go then will they even have a team by next season?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah they wont get relegated, but they are not one of the top sides no more in my opinion.

they have too many class acts to finish in the bottom half of the table, i think they will see a top 6 finish.

woodgate, bowyer, fowler, smith, robinson, kewell, bridges (when fit) they simply have got to learn to play football again.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

ABCMan

i was basing it on their current dismal performance, it only needs a couple more results like the sunderland one and even the bottom of the barrel teams wont be afraid to have a go, you can have a team full of class players but if they have bad management, bad team spirit or a lack of self belief it doesnt matter one iota.

I hope leeds do well, but i just dont think they are looking that good for this season so far, man city may have got a drubbing, but the looked the better team and certainly had a better spirit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They will get it together, sooner rather than later hopefully

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Would love it.................

But can't see it happening............................

Removed at users request whitesteel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it is a bit much to expect Venebles to achieve much in his first season he has a lot of work to do in terms of knowing what his best team is etc, so they might struggle to a certain degree.Will they get relegated though? Nah no way they have far too much quality (some of the best players in the premiership). Watch out next season, Venebles is a shrewd manager and once he gets the chemistry right leeds are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

But still if we can't give Birmingham a good hiding this weekend, we got problems

Thanks
    Karma Level

LMAO - I agree now Birmingham, who?
    Tom:)
    tom@gsmcrazy.co.uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hang on a minute you can't write them off after just 4 games, and anyway we've 6 points so I ain't too upset, although against the class of opposition of Sunderland and Birningham i'd have expected at least another 4 points at least.

But lets not forget that a new manager came in in the summer and the players have adopted a new system of play that they have to settle into.

I think we're still very much a top 6 side and time will prove that I'm sure.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Is there a fcuking echo in here ............................

ABCMan

yeah, i think something screwed up yesterday evening, cj isn't the only one whos post got echoed, there is one in the d&d too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    Hang on a minute you can't write them off after just 4 games, and anyway we've 6 points so I ain't too upset, although against the class of opposition of Sunderland and Birningham i'd have expected at least another 4 points at least.

But lets not forget that a new manager came in in the summer and the players have adopted a new system of play that they have to settle into.

I think we're still very much a top 6 side and time will prove that I'm sure.
    Another rollercoaster season for Leeds, a week ago you said that you were on to win the league...

http://digital-forums.com//forum/sho...threadid=76296
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

ABCMan

thought i'd drag this back up as ..

1) its relevent again

2) a certain mod in rose tinted glasses seems to have forgotton that its not only scum u that i make posts about

Thanks
    Karma Level

NO, they won't get relegated. They ave too much quality in their side to go down.
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

Thanks
    Karma Level

English Barclaycard Premiership 14 September 2002

Leeds United 1 : 0 Manchester United

Harry Kewell 66

A brilliant header from Harry Kewell earned Leeds their first win over Manchester United for five years and ruined Rio Ferdinand's return to Elland Road.

Nuf Said
    http://www.stranglers.net/rl_logo_2006.jpg

Thanks
    Karma Level

A shame he can't manage to take part in a whole game and not sit back sulking. The sooner, he and the rest of the lackies roll up there sleeves and get stuck in we might turn this f*cked up season around. Sacking Venables would also help.

Removed at users request whitesteel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I still reckon Leeds won't get relegated this season, I don't think they will be anywhere near the drop zone (ie bottom five) at the most important part of the season (the end) regardless of their position now. I maintain the same feeling I had when they had a good start to the season and I thought that championship talk was just as unrealistic as this relegation chat is now.

Venables is a good manager IMO and I can only think of one manager in recent times who has had an immediate impact in his first season as manager (Arsene Wenger), he needs time to sort the club out and find his feet and that takes awhile. If anyone is to blame it is David O'Leary he spent loads of money on unneccessary players (how many strikers do you need?) and din't have enough cover in other areas.

If Venables had the same resources as O'Leary and was still doing shit fair enough but he hasn't. It is quite easy to overlook the damage O'Leary (and the board for letting him spend the money) did. There remains a lot of sorting out to be done till they can move forward.

I am not sure how much time Venables has left in the current climate but if Leeds fans really want rid of him it is simple. Don't chant 'Batty' or 'Venables out' shout 'Risdale out' the minute that starts happening Ridsdale will be looking for a scapegoat and Venables is the obvious candidate. But if he goes, who replaces him at this stage? They might end up in a much worse position in every respect and as far is relegation being a serious prospect then goes well who knows.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing is Venables has now gone on record to say that Batty is too old to get round the pitch. For f*ck's sake he is 34 and play's a holding role in Midfield. I can't remember the last time I saw him make a surging run, not for a long time.

With regards to recent managers, George Graham turned the club around before the chance of a return to the smoke made him quit. A real shame I thought he would lead us to glory.

DOL inherited a good young squad and purchased some good players and some real turkeys, spoke out about Rio and was fired. Also spent too much time swanning aorund Europe leaving Bryan Kidd to wreck the training programmes and introduce negative football.

Venables has so far signed a couple of decent players (Lucic and Barmby) and got us 5th from bottom in the league. If and this is a big if, Venables can offload some of the players were the squad is top heavy and bring in a playmaker to midfield, he may be able to turn things around. I still think he is a stop-gap for f*ck know's who when his deal end's next summer.

Not sure where it all went wrong but it certainly did. They also need to sort out Bowyer's contract, Ridsdale is a bigger mug than every Leeds fan thinks if they let him go for free next summer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

With regards to recent managers, George Graham turned the club around before the chance of a return to the smoke made him quit. A real shame I thought he would lead us to glory.
    If Roeder gets the Sack, then that's who I think will take over at West Ham GEORGE GRAHAM
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have to agree with you there m8. He would do wonders for West Ham. Get him in before christmas to sort out Paolo's contract before the scum come sniffing around again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast