Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Litmanen gone.....

Jari's gone home....

a bit sad to see him go without really being given a proper chance myself, i think he is a truely amazing player....

they love him at Ajax, so fair play to the guy.

LITMANEN BACK IN AMSTERDAM

Ajax have completed the signing of Jari Litmanen from Liverpool.

The Finland international has put pen to paper on his Amsterdam return after a day of talks with the Dutch champions.

The 31-year-old iis believed to have agreed an intial one-year deal with his former club.

Litmanen, who has failed to break his way into Gerard Houllier's plans this season, was allowed to leave Anfield on a free transfer after two-and-a-half years on Merseyside.

The Amsterdam club's Leo Beenhakker last night revealed the 31-year-old was on the brink of a move back to the team he left for Barcelona in 1999.

And the deal has been sealed today, with a statement on Liverpool's website revealing: "All the staff at Liverpoolfc.tv wish Jari the best of luck on his return to Ajax - maybe we will see him back at Anfield in this season's Champions League."

Litmanen played 43 times for the Reds, scoring nine goals.

We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

If I was boss her would have played every game for us. It is a shame to see a player of this class leave the club, but in Ged we trust.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Houlier is a strange one!!

Doesn't give a shit about skill..... its who fits his mold!

eg Jari, robbie F etc

I suppose all good managers like things "thier way"!!!
    Steve Coppell & Wayne Rooney....... Born in Croxteth....... MADE IN MANCHESTER!!!
    -------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Karma Level

Surprised no english clubs snapped him up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Madness, I'd would love to have seen Jari at OT, he's a different type of player like Sheringha, but with more class.

When GH looks to the Bench for that "something different" he'll see Emile Heskey and Milan Baros sat there......I think he'll be missed more in Europe.

Hopefully a huge Error by GH

Thanks
    Karma Level

Word on the street is that Jari expressed his opinions a bit too loudly for the managements liking.

Apparently he would criticise Houlliers tactics in the dressing room, in front of Houllier.
    He never got a game because he was always going on about what he could do and then changed the formations and stuff when he got out on the pitch. If you think back, he always used to be shouting to Owen throughout the game. It might have done him some good, but Houllier didn't like it.

He wasn't as good as he thought (although an exceptional player, my favourites of last season) and for the trouble he caused, Litmanen was better on the bench than on the turf.

I'm sad to see him go. Like I said, my favourite player and one of the only footballers I have met who is a gentleman (not that I have met loads of footballers though ).
    "So right, so pure,
    so hoodedclaw"

Thanks
    Karma Level

is GH trying to make Liverpool into a George Graham-esque Arsenal??

not to offend anyone, but Hesky has the touch of a rapist - seems they've got lucky with El Hadji Diouf though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Liverpool will be up there at the end of the season, top 2 no problem. GH has done you wonders over the past few years. Can't believe you can let a player of his quality go and El Tel signs the mighty Paul Okon for us.

Social Networking Bookmarks