Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers

I have heard from various sources (including shortnews.com) that there is a copy knocking around the net of The Two Towers months before release. This opens up a whole avenue of moral dilemas for people that REALLY want to watch this second installment badly!

I am one such person and can quite safely say that if a copy of this were to fall into my hands I probably wouldn't watch it as it is a definate cinema experience.

I was just wondering how many of you feel the same way about pir8 films
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

i only watch pirate films of things i cant actually get, id never watch a vcd before the cinema, total waste of a film. i only watch vcd after the cinema and whilst waiting for dvd release, every film ive had on vcd ive bought the dvd

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by monsta
    i only watch pirate films of things i cant actually get, id never watch a vcd before the cinema, total waste of a film. i only watch vcd after the cinema and whilst waiting for dvd release, every film ive had on vcd ive bought the dvd
    Good to see I'm not the only one. I remember the Matrix. I saw that having no idea what it was all about. Then went to the cinema twice and bought the DVD!
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didnt get any copies of LOTR's beacuse it was a a cinema/DVD only experience, but if the quality is v good I do tend to not go to the cinema.

cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would probably do both..
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

F**k all that pouncey shite, I'd defo watch it if I could get me hands on a decent copy, if the quality is shit then i wouldn't entertain it as I can't stand watching movies with dodgy picture and hissing sound and shit. Then I'd also go see it at the cinema and get the DVD, as I did with the first.

I think seeing it first on pir8 release helps me decide wether I'm gonna spend my hard earned cash on either a dvd or a cinema visit or both, if the filmmaker ain;t gonna make the effort then he ain't getting my cash, simple.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    I think seeing it first on pir8 release helps me decide wether I'm gonna spend my hard earned cash on either a dvd or a cinema visit or both, if the filmmaker ain;t gonna make the effort then he ain't getting my cash, simple.
    u tight arse
    DF Moderator

Thanks
    Karma Level

after downloading the trailer (all 35MB of it) I would do both, download/watch the pirate and see it at the cinema when it opens. Looks f**king ace !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would get the pirate (provided it was very good quality), but i would refuse to watch it untill i had seen it in the cinema!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd read the book but I generally wait to watch the pir8 film

I can read honest lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

People of watch pr8's fall into three catagories, those who are diehard movie fans, those who like to gloat that they have seen a movie before it's even been released or both.

If a movie is worth watching then the quality shouldn't make a difference. You can then tell someone else who will probably go and see it at the cinema on your recommendation (or not).

I firmly believe that people who watch pirates are the biggest movie fans who will go to the cinema and buy the dvd.

Bug

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by bugnote
    If a movie is worth watching then the quality shouldn't make a difference.
    sorry but thats a total load of crock. a film is so much more than just the story its bassed around. the sound and picture are of massive importance, why else would dvd be so popular, it isnt because of the extras. watchin films in low quality you miss so much, fo example wether you like the film or not, attack of the clones at the cinema and on the original pir8 releases are 2 totaly different experiences, notabley background detail surrounding palpatine hinting towards the emporer (like the imperial guards on his door that we dont see again till rotj), and then the sound, the music and the effects add to the overall experience, lost on a shit vcd (the charges in space for sure). yeah some rips can be ok, mainly the comedies, as the entertainment comes from the lines mainly but a movie rich in visuals and sound is totaly rubbished on a cheap copy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by monsta

sorry but thats a total load of crock. a film is so much more than just the story its bassed around. the sound and picture are of massive importance, why else would dvd be so popular, it isnt because of the extras. watchin films in low quality you miss so much, fo example wether you like the film or not, attack of the clones at the cinema and on the original pir8 releases are 2 totaly different experiences, notabley background detail surrounding palpatine hinting towards the emporer (like the imperial guards on his door that we dont see again till rotj), and then the sound, the music and the effects add to the overall experience, lost on a shit vcd (the charges in space for sure). yeah some rips can be ok, mainly the comedies, as the entertainment comes from the lines mainly but a movie rich in visuals and sound is totaly rubbished on a cheap copy
    Yup. I will also add to this that I watched Episode two on DVD earlier this week and noticed small things that the VCD did not show. When the young jedis are practicing with the light sabers and obi-wan uses a projector device to project the star system into the room. After he finished he uses his jedi powers to pick up the projector. This definately didn't show on the VCD. I can't remember about the cinema though as it was a while ago. I will be buying this on DVD as well when it comes out even though I have the DVDR now.

It's also good to see that the vote show (although not many votes) that we all prefer to watch quality rather than rip offs.
    DF Moderator