Thread: Refs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Refs?

Hi,

Can we have a refs forum on DF please?
    Cos, with the amount of deals going on here, I'm sure it'll help others to establish who we can trust.
    It can be closely monitored by Mods etc, so dodgy postings are made etc.

Maybe soon we could all have refs here.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

id second this as a gud idea m8, could save things such as the kingdong fiasco, thing is how would u no that they werent just registering 2 or more users n using them 2 make refs up?

also itd b xtra work 4 the mods n i think it could, if not monitored properly lead 2 sum dodgy things, such as ppls names n addresses being posted. its gonna need enuff support from the members but at the end ov the day its up2 the admin, im sure theyll give it serious consideration, but think it mite b a little 2 much like ebay or sumthing.

cheers

DM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi,

Usually, when looking at refs, you have to look at those who have given the ref also. For instance, you're hardly likely to take a new member's word over a senior/VIP member. Obviously, you can usually work out when refs are made up, especially if by new members.

Regards

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good idea Rudeyute, it could be a sub-section of the Buy, Sell and Trade forum.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

ABCMan

Originally posted by RudeYute
    Hi,

Usually, when looking at refs, you have to look at those who have given the ref also. For instance, you're hardly likely to take a new member's word over a senior/VIP member. Obviously, you can usually work out when refs are made up, especially if by new members.

Regards
    that is a problem rude, if you look at the original kingdong thread, a junior member was slapped down for saying something against a senior member, but time showed that he was right, maybe if members were not quite so quick to jump on people and instead of assuming that just because it says newbie here they are new to the internet or other forums, they decided to ask for some refs it would help, i mean we all see the regulars in there each day but for example i've never sold or bought anything in there but if i gave a warning about someone people would take note, however what if i was admin on a different forum and had just joined here? would anyone pay any attention to me? why not, what i say would be just as valid surely?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I asked for references about MRCurverUK with a mixed response, although my item did turn up a week or so late.

I'm rather sceptical about trading with people anyhow so I'd be for the ref's section - let's see how it pans out.

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.