My sys- Asus A7V266 board, 1.4 Athlon, G-Force 2GTS 64meg ddr, 512DDR ram, S-Blaster Live, Diamond Supra Modem.
Ever since I built the system (been at it about 8 years(should no what I'm doing (not)), any 3D game crashes completely randomly and simply returns me to the desk top with no explanation or visable problem about what just happerned!! My chip has the biggest cooler ever(and the loudest)at approx 48 degrees, 2 case fans, (I dont get no funny colours or nothing so I dont think its heat, anyway as soon as something has crashed I can start it again instantly no probs), the vid card, sound card and hard drive are from my old system which never crashed(you no what I mean). I even rebuilt the full thing with just the vid card in, nothing else but windows installed and it still crashed. I first presumed it had to be either my new(at the time)1.4 Athlon, Asus board or the ram which I bought all at the same time, took it back to the shop 250000 times to get the reply that the could'nt find anything wrong(****ers). I've tried every combo of drivers for cards and m-board to no avail, and messed around with everything in the bios. I am at the point of PC suicide if there is such a thing. I can normally fix almost any prob on my mates pc's so I'v probably tried the obvious.
Win 98 SE or Win XP pro makes no difference. DXDiag shows a few thing sharing IRQ's but does'nt suggest its a problem???is this normal???
IF ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. I've asked about this on a few sites to no avail.