Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Xbox Live! and Modded Console Update

Spotted this link on on Xbox-scene...

Article Here

Quote:

'Although Microsoft has said it will take legal action against any modifications that infringe on its intellectual property, a representative for the software giant said last month that Xbox Live, the upcoming online service for the console, would not be used to detect modified consoles.

Yet language in the initial Xbox Live user agreement appears to allow Microsoft to do exactly that. It states: "Xbox Live may only be accessed with an unmodified, except for Microsoft authorized repairs and upgrades, Xbox video game console. Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute or use for other purposes either the hardware or software of this system is strictly prohibited."

The agreement further states: "Microsoft may...retrieve information from the Xbox used to log on to Xbox Live as necessary to operate and protect the security of Xbox Live, and to enforce this Agreement." '

Thanks
    Karma Level

well that will make alot of people that have a modded xbox's buy another 1 to play xbox live.
    that means microsoft will be forking out millions of dollars for console that don't need to be sold,because if you were allowed to play modded xbox's on xbox live, then you would be buying games and making microsoft extra money.

but if for example me.
    i have a modded xbox and alot of games i would have to buy another xbox so i could play xbox live.and that means for microsoft to profit from me i would have to by twice as many games as normal(i don't think i would though).
    it would be a dumb move for m$ to stop people with modded consoles to play xbox live.

if that does happen then i will not buy another xbox or buy any orignal games,i would just get pirated one and use gamespy or other free xbox online sites.
    i am shore once there is a few xbox games out,then you will see alot of free online servers like gamespy...

Thanks
    Karma Level

wont there be homebrew software to patch up things so we can play xbl

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by {XBX}FrankDa
    wont there be homebrew software to patch up things so we can play xbl
    I would say that it's still a little early to speculate on what the situation is with the chips and XBL. We will have to wait until they release it I guess...

...Of course this may be a ploy by M$ to make ppl think twice about getting their box chipped. Remember with the x0dus around the corner that's solderless they must be crapping themselves!!!
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i dont think there will be detection to tell you the truth...

Thanks
    Karma Level

even if there is detection , let's face it : online gaming needs original game , with their own serial and so on ... if MS only wants to detect users of modded Xbox , to do a list of "suspicious people" , well ... install a switch on your mod , that's what i'm gonna do , X-ecuter roxx

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah anyone who wants to play it badly enough will just fit a switch and buy the original game anyway, or am i the only dummy who still buys original games aswell as backups
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I buy originals if they are worth the dosh. I'll definatly be buying Buffy, Turok and SegaGT.

As for mod detection. Sony tried this with the PS1, all that ended up happening was a buggy game that didn't work on some unmodded consoles

Doubt it'll really happen, it's just scare mongering.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I may download more than a few games, but I don't touch 'em much after seeing what kind of game it is.... I like buying games.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i download every release i can get my hands on however if a game is worth playing and i enjoy it i will buy the original
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

man , is this thread gonna be some kindda " ok ok , i dl warez , but only to test , i promise" thread ?
    let's face it , if you download a full game , with nothing ripped , and that you trully enjoy it , you won't buy it ...
    games you'll buy are games you didn't even wanted to download , as you wanted them that much .
    personnaly , the only time i enjoyed a downloaded game and then bought it , it was for ICO on PS2 , as the PAL version had a lots of new stuff ( ok ok .. and the rip was quite buggy , and crashed at the middle of the game ).

Thanks
    Karma Level

basically, I'll probably be buying House of the Dead 3, and thats it, your gonna be getting a gun with it, so thats the only reason I'll be buying it.
    krooks

[live=Captin Harris]Captin Harris[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by El_Dadou

let's face it , if you download a full game , with nothing ripped , and that you trully enjoy it , you won't buy it ...
    WRONG!

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok , let's try a little different way :
    if you download a great game , with nothing ripped , and you enjoy this game that much that you finish it even before you went out of your appartment ... would you still consider buying it once finished , or will you save your money for another great game ?
    if you still say you'll buy it , well , congrats dude , you're one of the most honest warez user i know ^^

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have had backup games and really liked them so bought them, metal gear solid on ps2 i bought that, i bought munches oddysee on xbox aswell coz it was cool, i bought halo.

i have also many more originals, there is just something about an original game i like, i know you dont play the box but there is just summit about them.

am i feckin weird or wot

Thanks
    Karma Level

the weird thing , IMO , is that you downloaded a ripped copy before buying games like MGS2 ...
    i didn't even consider downloading it , as it was quite obvious that THIS GAME was a must buy ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember paying £180 for a pre release special import edition of the JAP version of Tekken 3

can you believe that shit ?

I refused to have a warez copy - I was a tekken freak and was happy to contribute to the NAMCO team

Thanks
    Karma Level

If the game has a lot of replay value, which usually means its an online game, like Halflife. Its a buyer, but a full version downloaded which is a single player game - unlikely to get bought.

cheers
    Ironman

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@El_Dadou - actually m8, i have over over 1500 console pirate copies but i have the originals of

PSX:
    Resident Evil
    Resident Evil - Directors Cut
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Resident Evil Survivor
    Silent Hill

Resident Evil Code Veronica (DC)

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2)
    Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

and about 8 gamecube games
    if a game is worth playing (and i love resident evil)
    then i will buy the original

@raptor: £180 for Tekken 3 thats cool m8, wish i had £180 period

however i have just paid £15 for Resident Evil Zero (Demo) for the gamecube of e-bay - this how much of a Res freak i am - i have a PAL gamecube and cant play the demo, but i have it and thats all that matters
    Last edited by Mystical_2K; 12th September 2002 at 06:12 PM.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by El_Dadou
    the weird thing , IMO , is that you downloaded a ripped copy before buying games like MGS2 ...
    i didn't even consider downloading it , as it was quite obvious that THIS GAME was a must buy ...
    i didnt download a ripped copy m8, i had the FULL dvd version which i bought not downloaded, so i had the full game nothing ripped out, but i still wanted the original.

and rap £180 for a game m8, shit i thought i was nuts buyin originals but £180 i dont think id go that far, well it seems im not the only one who likes originals then