NTL's 512kbps move to 600kbps for FREE

Thread: NTL's 512kbps move to 600kbps for FREE

EUPHORiA said:

Default NTL's 512kbps move to 600kbps for FREE

ntl:home confirms Broadband relaunch details
    Posted by Frank on 04 Sep 2002

On 12th September, ntl:home will be enhancing its consumer Broadband Internet products in an attempt to leave competitor ADSL product offerings further behind. A number of improvements to the current package have been confirmed by ntl:home´s broadband team today:

• Existing 512Kbps product upgraded to 600Kbps for all customers
    • Increase in e-mail addresses to 15 mailboxes
    • Increase in webspace to 55MB

Customers on the old ntl network, known as Langley, will have their speed remain at 600Kbps following previous testing, whereas customers on the ex-C&W network, known as Bromely, will have their speed increased to 600Kbps from 512Kbps. The upstream will remain at 128Kbps on both platforms. This will align the whole of the ntl cable modem service to the same speed.

Installation for new customers on the 600Kbps service will be free until the end of 2002, a saving of £75.

Further speed trials around the country will be happening soon to allow customers on the 64Kbps and 128Kbps service tiers to experience the 600Kbps service. More details about this as we get them.

For existing customers, the changes will apply automatically on 12th September. All customers will have the extra email and webspace become available to them automatically too. It is worth nothing that the e-mail and webspace increases also applies to dial-up customers.

There is no extra charge for the improved features.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ZX7R said:

get in!!

cosmicma said:

it's a pity they won't up the upload bandwidth to 256k i think that would benefit quite a few of us

EUPHORiA said:

Hey u cant really complain its a free update aint it.

cosmicma said:

not complaing m8 just thinking out loud

EUPHORiA said:

Just phoned my mother about this change since shes on NTL cable, Do you know if its a Auto change or if you have to phone up? because my mother clicked on the link after i gave it her and she said that she filled in all the info and ended up with a PHONE this NTL number thing? whats that about? i told her it was auto as stated in the news article

tbops said:

i tryed it and all it said was upgrade to 1 me for 49 squid so i thought sod that

ZX7R said:

Originally posted by tbops
    i tryed it and all it said was upgrade to 1 me for 49 squid so i thought sod that
    snap.

Will just have to wait until that date they supposedly change d/l rates and check for myself. Fingers are crossed.

DAVEY26 said:

this is good news i get my ntl broadband installed on the 13th
    so im gunna email them and see what they say

EUPHORiA said:

Hmm will have to call around my mothers and say ello and have a quick go on it before nipping home i think she gets around 78KB's atm

DMPoole said:

That explains why I've been getting up to 650 kbps on Newsbin since last Thursday. I thought my software had gone daft.

Thanks NTL - now shove it up another 400.

EUPHORiA said:

Almost forgot to mention that installation now is FREE, my m8 just booked his house to get broadband and yes he got quoted FREE installation! how sweet is that!

D 1 said:

If you are a new customer in the south of england you can get 1mb for £35 p/m.

NTL have fukd it up tho and are offering it to existing customers as well but I couldnt get it for some reason.

Check out NTHellworld forums for more details.

diablos said:

yous guys on your slow connections ping ping ping lol

EUPHORiA said:

diablos - if u call a 2MB connection hosted by griffith net slow ALL to myself well then ur mistaken always got the 10MB line shared i can use too!

what connection u on diablos ?

D 1 said:

Originally posted by EUPHORiA
    diablos - if u call a 2MB connection hosted by griffith net slow ALL to myself well then ur mistaken always got the 10MB line shared i can use too!
    /me drools :shock:

how much are you paying for that per month?

EUPHORiA said:

griffith i mean griffin net i pay £105 a month

marcode said:

bah, pussies... my 56k is |337 lol

Tectona said:

Hehe, i had a 10 Meg connection all to myself once too , didnt know how id manage without it, i had to go from that back to 56k.
    I am getting my broadband cable connection installed on 12 th, im gonna be happy for time being, 512+ any upgrades that are free will be great. plus the webspace will do nicely for this e-books business im gonna setup.

enjoy the need for the speed lads.

EUPHORiA said:

are u allowed to set up a business web site on a home package?