Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABCMan

Scottish football, can it get worse?

they are currently losing 1-0 to the faroes, i mean they are losing to a island team that has a smaller population than glasgow.

Thanks
    Karma Level

apparently so teletxt reports 2-0 down after 12 minutes.
    they werent xactly gr8 under craig brown but they seem 2 av taken a few steps...but in the wrong ****in direction

ABCMan

2-0 at half time, scotland have had one decent chance.

you are right dangermouse, if they continue to play lik this then scotland are surely going to lose their status as a footballing nation and be expected to combine into a uk team

Thanks
    Karma Level

61 mins gone n lambert has oulled 1 back, there gonna get slaughtered 4 this howeva it turns out, i just hope they manage 2 get the 3 points.

ABCMan

well it ended as a tie, the faroes will be celebrating tonight, the scots must be desolate, you are right, nothing less that a win against the faroes would have been acceptable and the scots couldnt even manage that.

I cant see how bertie can keep his job much longer with continuing results as bad as this, but he has a point that there are just not enough scottish players in the top flight, i mean once you get outside the old firm teams you would be hard pushed to find a scottish player good enough to play in the english prem let alone in an international.

still they can look on the bright side the mighty france are being held 1-1 by cyprus at the moment

Thanks
    Karma Level

The performance today was a effing joke

If Burchill and Maloney are not the strike pair for the next game I think that Vogts will go.
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

Thanks
    Karma Level

thing is d1 if we get shot ov him now the last 6 months work will b undone, and b4 ppl slate him i think that they should look at a couple ov issues....

the majority ov the previous 5 games we lost he spent lookin at the pool ov players at his disposal. there is nothing wrong with findin out wot uve got 2 work with and lets not 4get that the teams we played were preparing 4 the world cup.(if my memory serves me rite)

secondly look at the age ov the players hes using, most ov em r in there early 20's. there not newere near there full potential but they r gettin vital xperiance for the coming years.

3rd point is he hasnt been brought in 2 provide a quick fix and apart from that we simply dont av the calibre ov player that can provide a quick fix.

BUT all that aside, a 2-2 draw 2day wasnt gud enuff and 2 b honest ne team that doesnt beat the likes of the faroe isles has got 2 av been cheated or shite, unfortunatly i feel we fall slap bang in2 the 2nd catagory.

all im sayin is we av not givin him enuff time 2 get his feet under the desk, hes had a chance 2 see wot hes got n i think that he is the rite man 4 the job n the worst thing that can happen is ppl start callin 4 him 2 b sacked, itd undo a lot ov work and we would also lose a very capable manager.

think ill leave it there 4 now

DM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Totally agree,DM.
    Everyone said,"give him time,forget the Euro Champs,try to build long term".
    Today is the blackest day(after the previous few!!),but give the guy a couple of years,not a couple of games.
    Jeez,its not as if he can go out and spend £100 million on players,he has to live with what he's got-and in time I think he'll show hes worth.

ABCMan

fair point beekae, but he needs more than just youngsters to work with, he needs a few older, experienced players to pass on what they know and lead by example, but it seems that there is just not the talent available within scottish football.

Thanks
    Karma Level

theres a lot of talent in scottish football even though its hard to see when they play like that against nobodies. rangers and celtic and the other teams are to blame prefering to play foregn players and never giving there youngsters a chance.

im sure we will turn the corner lets hope its sooner rather than later. vogts isnt the man for the job though as he dosent know the players.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by diablos
    rangers and celtic and the other teams are to blame prefering to play foregn players and never giving there youngsters a chance.
    Jesus Christ!!! We agree on something. lol

In all seriousness tho the likes of Christian Daily should never be in the team. How he went for £5M I never know.

Crainey got ripped up for arsepaper in the game which was suprising as he has been quite good for Celtic in Europe but I still believe that he is one for the future.

McNamarra and Smith from Celtic should get a game as well as he is good with the ball at his feet and likes to run at defenders.
    McFadden from Motherwell should be in there as well as a few of the Rangers youngsters cause the current crop of players (Ferguson, Lambert and Douglas apart) need to take a right good look at themselves.

The sad thing about Lambert and Ferguson is that Vogts expects them to make things happen in the middle of the park and they cant be expected do that if the rest of the players around them are pish.

Granted there was a few players out injured like Matteo and Hutchinson but if the national team cant beat a bunch of part timers then there isnt much hope.

Now for a thought provoking point
    I reckon that a combined Old Firm Scottish Players select (inc U21s) could have beat the Faroes on Saturday - anyone else agree?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can't blame Rangers & Celtic, they're the only 2 teams in Scottish football who are any good, so why shouldn't they buy foreign players... I agree that teams should try & produce their home grown players, U can't blame Celtic & Rangers, they've got more money, it ain't their fought, that the rest of the scottish league is crap...
    <a href="http://www.tupac-world.com/phpbb/index.php">Tupac-world.com</a>

Thanks
    Karma Level

lack of investment makes them crap mate not the teams if david murray had bought ayr united like he tryed to they would be one of the top teams in scotland.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rangers & Celtic obviously got the investment then, You can't blame em, why should they hold back, cause the rest of the league ave...

ABCMan

Originally posted by D 1

Now for a thought provoking point
    I reckon that a combined Old Firm Scottish Players select (inc U21s) could have beat the Faroes on Saturday - anyone else agree?
    well, they certainly couldnt have done worse, look at englands team, its pretty much liverpool, scum u & leeds combined.

Thanks
    Karma Level

And u forgot, tha HAMMERS PLAYERS: Joe Cole, Trevor Sinclair & the best English Keeper David James

Thanks
    Karma Level

gotta say diablos i disagree with ya bout celtic n rangers being 2 blame, how xactly does it become the fault ov celtic n rangers. as a celtic fan id like nothing more than 2 c us go back 2 the days ov 67 n b able 2 go round winnin european trophy with a side made up ov scots but its not gonna happen 4 1 very basic reason.

the old firm fans (myself included) demand results week in week out and we would not settle 4 playin a team ov inxperianced scots n winnin nowt when we could av the team we av full ov players from diff countries winning trophies.in my eyes it is that simple thers no blame on the clubs, the only way a club can b succesfull and in turn keep the fans happy is 2 win, now if were honest its the fans that put the pressure n xpectations on the club 2 win, so b4 we all go critising the old firm we should perhaps remember that the only reason we av teams full ov foreign players is 2 get the success that WE demand.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Old Firm are to blame. It is them that buy every good young Scottish player from other SPL teams and then keep them on the bench so they are never used. Take Kenny Miller as an example. Bought by Rangers from Hibs and not used for months. When he did finally get a game he scored 4 goals but still was hardly ever used. Now he is not even in the picture for getting an international game.

It will happen with other young players aswell - Garry O'Conner is linked with a move to Rangers and the same will happen.

All I can say is that I can't wait for the "rebel 10" to form their own league!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by BONE
    And u forgot, tha HAMMERS PLAYERS: Joe Cole, Trevor Sinclair & the best English Keeper David James
    trevor sinclairs a good player joe cole too much of an individual not a team player seamans englands best goalie cause you allways know david james flapps at corners.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Berti inherited this shower of shite from years of neglect by 'Play my old mates' Brown.

Give Berti a chance, he's trying to make up for years here. Ok, Tommy Burns as assistant was a shite choice, but come on, it won't happen overnight.

Give him a chance, cos we are ****ed if we don't - who the **** else would touch the job?????
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast