Karma Level

yeah i know but ill take a while till it passes
    cuz they need to decriminize it then legalize it

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really doubt it will be legalized.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a feeling canada's population is going to jump up if this goes through.. And I am going to become a pothead

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good news, but it's going to be a gradual change. I doubt legalization, more likely decriminalization cuz big brother in the US won't like idea that too much.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I dont think we will be seeing weed being sold in 7-11's any time soon =(

Thanks
    Karma Level

It would be great when they legalize it in Germany !

Thanks
    Karma Level

heh the population isn't going to jump up, not much will be jumping up at all, with that whole lethargic sperm thing

Thanks
    Karma Level

yea, i was going ot post, but didnt bother. the details are that the senate comittee wants the legalization, but others kinda dont like it. however, ALL political parties agree on the decriminalization of pot, which is pretty sweet. if the legal issue passes, the legal age to smoke dank will be SIXTEEN. alcohol and tobacco is still 18 up yonder, which is pretty wild.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, I will break it down.
    Since we live in a bureaucratic society, pot will not be legalized in North America for a long time, with the main reason being that anyone can grow it if it is decriminalized. That means no money can be made by the government or big businesses because it won't be sold, therefore it will not be taxed.
    Despite the fact that crime would dissipate and people would be better off. Marijuana is less harmful to you than alcohol and tobacco.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Drink Beer .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by NuttyDude
    Good news, but it's going to be a gradual change. I doubt legalization, more likely decriminalization cuz big brother in the US won't like idea that too much.
    Blame America.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw that shit in law class today. They think that legalzing it would be cool but not a very good political move.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i still think enough people will be lazy enough to grow your own in somebodies shop. Just like you can brew your own in somebodies shop.

That way the government will still get its taxes. I want our government to tax it, that way they have more money for our health care, etc.. and i have easier access to my pot rather then using a FUCKING dealer all the FUCKING time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Being a Canadian Citizen, I could careless if Pot was illegal or legal. I mean, we’re at the point of times that anything that used to be outlawed will be broken for the pleasure of those that either used it or abuse it.

If the people were to vote, it would be probably be 50/50 but a mass majority of us don’t care if those smoke it because the federal government knows that everybody does it and really is a matter of the question if you get away with it or not. The only people that should be getting charged or at least given a warning are those that have a mass load of it. A bag of dime or a little more means nothing. It gone in a few days and you buy some more.

The only people that will suffers when pot become legal are the dealers that used it to their advantages to sell for a higher price to those that don’t have any connection(s) to get it. After it become legal, I think there will be bigger actions to be followed like nowadays with cigarettes where you can only smoke in designated area in a restaurant or whatever or just completely outside.

Canada might be a nice country but we have some of the most fucked up laws or confusing laws that don’t make sense.

This is my opinion and I speak for myself. So, I hope you people will either agreed or disagreed with me as it would make this topic more interesting for those that want to know more or speak for themselves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you say Vacation Destination for American potheads? Vancouver, BC will be the spot to go if this goes through rather than Amsterdam.

Thanks
    Karma Level

most stupid idea ever. I do not want it to be ok to be a fucking pothead, i work with enough morons already thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Okay, if you want details..

1- They PROPOSED the legal age to smoke weed to be 16. The only reason behind this is that because the damn thing can't really be stopped, there will be endless debates about the age to smoke it. You'll have the conservatives saying you should be 21 and the liberals saying you should be 16, which will create a middleground at 18. They just made it so it will be 'regular' age.

2- It would be controlled. *VERY* controlled. What I mean by that is the weed we would have would be a lot weaker than what we have today. Let's say, for example, that the weed in the 70s was a potency 2 weed. These days, it's about potency 30. It's about 15 times stronger than it was, and it will be very likely be lowered to at least half that amount.

3- It will be ILLEGAL for any tourists to smoke weed while in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen for it to be legal. That immediately calms the US, since they won't be able to say 'Ooh, our citizens will take a short trip up north, get wasted and come back home'. Of course, it probably won't be enforced, but still, it's there to calm people.

All in all, I'm pretty sure it will happen. Don't know when, but it will.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In BC it pretty much is legal heh. Tons of my friends get pulled over with quarters, half o's, cops just dump it down a sewer and tell you to get outta there and that they don't wanna see you for the rest of the night heh. Many would like to see it legalized, I certainly would not :|. There's to much $ to be made growing it illegally, If ever I need to move out of my mom's house or if i'm in money problems, i could just go for 3-4 months, grow weed, and make a SHIT load of money ... if it were legalized, that would just ruin it all .... They were saying if it were legalized an ounce would be about 30-50 dollars :@ ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

3- It will be ILLEGAL for any tourists to smoke weed while in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen for it to be legal. That immediately calms the US, since they won't be able to say 'Ooh, our citizens will take a short trip up north, get wasted and come back home'. Of course, it probably won't be enforced, but still, it's there to calm people.
    Where did this come from? I'm not sure how Canadian law works, but in the European countries that would be considered discrimination. When you go to another country you abide by their laws, not your own.

How would that be enforceable anyway. Mr Policeman goes to everybody demanding ID? Hmmm.

Not saying you're wrong, just that it's unenforceable, and probably in breach of the US/Canadian equivalent of the European Human Rights laws. It'll be tested in court within a very short space of time I reckon.

(It's a good idea to legalise weed anyway IMHO. Everyone takes it at some point. Here in the UK they've reclassified it cat C rather than cat B (cat A being the hard stuff), effectively decriminalising possession (though not supply), but I don't think they've gone nearly far enough).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast