After the enigmatic deaths of an American scientific expedition in the
uncharted and frozen wastelands of the Antarctic, a military rescue team is
sent to investigate their deaths. Within these inhospitable surroundings the
team encounters a strange shape-shifting alien life-form that assumes the
appearance of people that it kills.
The Thing brings fear and suspense to unimaginable levels, with a compelling
plot and unique gameplay elements based upon action, evasion, trust and fear.
Forget everything you ever learned about obliterating alien species simply
with a barrage of violent ammunition - this monster is difficult to see,
hard to kill, and seemingly impossible to evade.
And when you actually see it, it's often too late...
- Taking place shortly after the events seen in the 1982 film - The Thing
takes us back to the Antarctic base and familiar locals from the film for
a terrifying, new chapter of isolation and paranoia.
- Advanced trust/fear interface adds a new dimension to the genre - How you
influence non-player characters (NPCs) psychological state determines
whether or not these characters will cooperate with you. Amazing lighting,
weather and particle effects complemented by subtle sound cues and scripted
events create a new level of suspense and terror.
- Unique combat system that allows weapons to be customized and scratch built
in many cases.
- Puzzle Solving can be accomplished by a multitude of scenarios - there is
never just one way to accomplish an objective.
- Varied pace of gameplay throughout the game, blending action, puzzles,
horror and human interaction.