Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Honda 3R-C: eco-friendly Tron bike unveiled!

Honda 3R-C: eco-friendly Tron bike unveiled!

February 24, 2010 9:30 am by Ben Sillis

The Honda 3R-C is one radical new way to solve the climate crisis. Honda reckons the concept bike, about to go on display at the Geneva Motor Show, is the solution for city slickers who need to get around without belching out carbon, and when you look like someone out of Tron doing so, who are we to argue?

Created by the Japanese auto giant’s designers in Milan, the Honda 3R-C is actually a battery powered trike, with the electric drivetrain held low down in the chassis to help it keep balance. Honda doesn’t specifiy how many miles it can bust out per charge, but the Honda 3R-C does at least boast a boot at the front, and a “clear canopy” to protect you from wind and rain, rather than mere glass.
    Honda predicts that the future of zero emission commuting rests on single person vehicles like the Honda 3R-C. We’re not sure what happened to good old car pooling, but we don’t mind when you get to drive to work in a crazy three wheeler without harming Mother Earth.

The Geneva Motor Show kicks off next month, so we may see some in the flesh photos of the insane Honda 3R-C then and there. In the meantime gorge your peepers on the official pics we have here and dream of what might be.

Out TBC | £TBC | Honda

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/02...ed/#more-60049

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Honda 3R-C: eco-friendly Tron bike unveiled!

not in our lifetime.. (seeing these on the streets I mean)
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    not in our lifetime.. (seeing these on the streets I mean)
    Why not? There's electric scooters in production and being bought by people already, and even electric cars driving about in London. One that you can hop into in your business suit without messing it up could be the plan. In saying that there have been attempts at a similar design with small petrol engines in the past which have totally flopped.

One thing confuses me about this though, how do you get in and drive off without it falling over? On a normal bike you stick your leg out onto the ground... that wouldn't work here.

Suppose it depends, are you 106 years old or suffering from a terminal illness? I'm 22 so maybe more likely for me to see it if you are in either of those situations.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs View Post
    One thing confuses me about this though, how do you get in and drive off without it falling over? On a normal bike you stick your leg out onto the ground... that wouldn't work here.
    Its a 3 wheeler