Close

Thread: what do i use!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default what do i use!

Im getting myself confused trying to work out what to do with my sons itouch!
    its on 2.2.1 had been jailbroken but it was running really slow and using cydia wasnear impossible cos of the speed it runs!! I deleted cydia thibking i could get it back on again by putting the relevant address in the installer app sources thing BUT it just gives mean error saying its unable to decode source, and it does that for everything in sources.

I tried to run blackra1n on it again to see if i could reinstall cydia that way but nothing happens well it does it bleeps and boots and stuff but nothing else. Reading around someplaces it kind of appears that i cany use blackra1n on the 2.2.1 other site say its for all versions!! what do i do!!!??? i waslooking for an alternative braker but cant work out what to use and whatever i use needs to be gui not command line!

what do you guys suggest! i would just update to 3.2.1 but i cant even do that!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: what do i use!

Can you not just restore / update to 3.1.2 via itunes then use blackra1n to jailbreak?

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ download from there and restore then run blackra1n

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers prezzy! half my problem with updating was i couldnt find the firmware!
    will try it this way round!

Thanks
    Karma Level

well would have been an option but it says it cant do it because the file is not compatable.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers bobo, thats the link prezzy gave me but it says the file isnt compatable when i try to use it! the fact it had cydia on it means it is jailbroken doesnt it!?

Social Networking Bookmarks