Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default world trade center

i think they should be put back up just the way they was maybe even bigger?? lets face it the terrorists attacked the symbols of america,white house,maybe?pentagon trade center.so putting them back up is a slap in the face to em,saying we arnt havin buildings that big is givin in a bit dont u think lets face it not much chance of it happening again i think they really should go back up do you?

booboo

Thanks
    Karma Level

if they did put it up again i doubt many people would want to work in it.

ABCMan

Originally posted by BigBadDog
    if they did put it up again i doubt many people would want to work in it.
    thats true, even the empire state has had problems, but maybe adding a sprinkler system to extinguish fires and multi level cross tower access (say every 20 floors) to ease evacuation of those trapped above any fire/problem, i'd move the carpark and subway elsewhere too to prevent bombing.

but even if the bloody things only fill up to the 40th floor i'd still put them back up to show the terrorist scum they can not win, after all the twin towers were a symbol of new yorks prosperity and i'm sure with modern construction they could factor out any problems like those caused by the heat buckling the steel and causing the collapse.

put them back then hang any taliban or other moslem terrists off the top as christmas decorations.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Theres still a plane missing from last september the 11. no one knows what happened to it, i swear the news were told to stop reporting onit. i remember hearing there a 8 planes still in the air and than 7 landed and they were talking about the last one that never landed and then they changed subject on all channels.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

ABCMan

bops, it never took off, it was still at the airpoprt when all planes were grounded, they knew it was supposed to have taken off so they couldnt find it, but in fact it had been delayed.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    Last edited by marcode; 12th September 2002 at 03:11 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon rebuilding the towers would only serve to act as a reminder of that grief for every family who lost a mother\father\son\daughter etc etc. Better best forgotten in my view, if that's at all possible for the people the tragedy touched.

ABCMan

whilst that is true, the manhatten skyline has a gap where the twin towers used to be, that gap is also a constant rminder not only to those who died but also to the living, to show new yorks spirit hasnt been broken they should build them bigger and better than before, to let the world know that america stands proud and wont be beaten by scum, maybe they could realy rub it in by calling it the FREE world trade center.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    whilst that is true, the manhatten skyline has a gap where the twin towers used to be, that gap is also a constant rminder not only to those who died but also to the living, to show new yorks spirit hasnt been broken they should build them bigger and better than before, to let the world know that america stands proud and wont be beaten by scum, maybe they could realy rub it in by calling it the FREE world trade center.
    i think thats so true alot of new yorkers have grown up with that skyline ever visable and now i think feel that theres sommit missing (it needs to be BIG) put em up again,bigger and better when you see people talking about ny what do they say ?? theres sommit missing,theres a void,gap? if the statue of libery was knocked over what do u think they would do?(probly build one twice the size)

booboo

ABCMan

Originally posted by booboo
    if the statue of libery was knocked over what do u think they would do?(probly build one twice the size)
    i think they would ask the french for another one

and i think its time they used all of osamas siezed assets from around the world to help pay for it, and sued those held responsible for the rest (like the saudis who were involved or at least take every penny from every living relative of the murderers)
    Last edited by ABCMan; 12th September 2002 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't put two towers up again but one single huge mo'fo tower to beat everything. That would rock
    Putting a memorial park on it is a waste of an economic resource and good land in my opinion.

Mladen
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Call me daft or whatever you want, but why rebuild something that the US Government had a hand in destroying themselves anyway, so they can do it again?

It makes me sick the way the US have acted in the wake of 9/11, why didn't they take the sensible option and try and sit down with Bin Laden and his network and try and find a peaceful solution first? Ok, some of you are going to say that they are mad men and talking would do no good, but what good has the military action acheived? The Al Quieda network is stronger than ever and now instead of being mainly concentrated in Afghanistan where we could keep an eye on them they have spread thru out the world and we ain't got a clue where they are. The few locked up in Guantanamo Bay are a tiny fraction of the network.

The only way this world will become relatively peaceful is thru dialogue and finding out exactly what greivances these people have got, because they don't do it for no reason, they believe they are doing the right thing just as we believe we are doing the right thing, compromise is the only answer, beacuse all this rethoric about defeating global terrorism is pie in the sky.

Also, the US has some nerve threatening to invade Iraq because they suggest that the leader is daft enough to use weapons of mass destruction (and we don't even know for sure that he has). Ok, all you people who think we should kick Saddams arse because he's willing to nuke another country or region, answer me 1 question: Out of all the countries that have nuclear capability such as UK, USA, Israel, France, India, Pakistan, North Korea and China who are the only ones who have been daft enough to use them in anger? Thats right, the good old US of A.

And why did they nuke Japan, twice? Because they were losing the war with conventional weapons and were frightened that the Japanese would have invaded the west coast of the US, so, like the so called 'maniacs' that they are trying to get rid of today, they decided to wipe 2 cities off the map, along with 100's of thousands of lives. How soon we forget.

They are the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world, and if they can have nuclear weapons, why can't every nation on earth have them if they want? Because if Saddam does nuke Israel or anybody else, he'll only have done it after the US did it first.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i say build um bigger un better like marcos pic
    there were plans shortly after 9/11 to make sure every building was made more safe against this type of attack not sure how far they went with um.....

but y bother building um cos the us may try and nock um down again
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/2251496.stm

( ta abc for the like)

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

its not like there ever going to forget what happened nor will they be able to get on with there lives untill justice has been done, re-building them is a step forward to show that life goes on - but i heard there building two big lights to put on the floor and shine into the sky (sort of like the bat signal) just to show where they once stood in the sky line

Thanks
    Karma Level

i r4eckon they should build an arch like in the new nelly video over ground zero and underneath in round zero some grass where people can go a pay there respects. that way there is no hole in the skyline but ground zero is still ground zero.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Czar stop sniffing gas and read a history book or two.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Mr Grimes
    Czar stop sniffing gas and read a history book or two.
    Ok, I will m8, as long as you open yer eyes and stop acting like the dummy you obviously are.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Show some proof to back up your statements regarding the US and Japan during WW2 and i know you are but what iam i.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Mr Grimes
    Show some proof to back up your statements regarding the US and Japan during WW2 and i know you are but what iam i.
    Ok, why did the US drop 2 atom boms on japan and kill 100's of thousands of innocent civilians?

I'll tell you why, because they had to bring the war to a speedy end because they feared a massive loss of life of US military, they also had to justify the millions of dollars spent on the manhattan project, and also they wanted to give the russians something to think about.

http://www.dannen.com/decision/
    http://www.umich.edu/~historyj/paper...r2002/oh2.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

The ground is officially a mass grave and out of the 3000 people who perished only physical evidence of 1100 or so have been recovered. What ever they do it must incorporate some sort of memorial. TBops idea of an arch is a good one - If they created something huge incorporating an Arch that was also offices and had gardens of rememberence under it they would be gettingthe best of both worlds. They could go for something along the lines of the arch at La Defense in Paris but even bigger.
    DONUTS :) ------ Is there anything they can't do ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast