Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default amazing burning problems

Hello.

I have Plextor Plexwriter 24/10/40A cd-r drive.
    I installed registered fireburner recording software (V2.1.7) and here what happened:

I loaded quesheet like usually, everyhting looks fine in options and it regonizes my drive like supposed to. Then when I start burning progress, my drive starts spinning empty cd-r but then after a little whitle fb just says: "burning complete" and then it just shuts down whitout any warning. Progress meter won't progress eveen one block.
    I uninstalled it and installed again and from some reason it was still registered and didn't work any better.
    Then I Uninstalled it again, cleaned the registery from everything that is involved whit "fireburner" and installed again. Then it worked one time. I actually got one iso recorded like supposed to. Then I started recording another disc and same thing happended. It just shuts down.
    To make things even more magigal. I did the same thing once again (uninstall, reg cleaning, re-install) and no, it didn't work even that one time.
    I have been toying whit computer hardware stuff for long time and Im all out of ideas. Does fireburner have somekind of elite generated key regonizing system through internet or wtf is wrong?
    Funny, I was using same drive at my older computer and same version of fireburner and it worked just fine.
    Same combination worked fine at my new computer too for many weeks and then it started doing this. I didn't modify anything, didn't install or uninstalled any new hardware or software. It just stopped working.
    I tried cdrwin too, but that pieceofshit software won't support my drive. Stupid me who believed those people who shayed that "plextor is good investment, reliable and well supported".

Is there any other programs what could deal whit .bin .cue files? Nero supports them but somehow burns them wrong way and they won't work.

Im pissed and frustrated. I have wasted too many hours trying to fix this. Perhaps someone can help little moron out. Got too mutch good shit laying on my hd's awaiting to get burned...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i have self a plextor to, i never seem this problem before. Memby a update of the flashrom off the burner will help..
    The make the bin files on cd, you can use winiso to extract the bin file. And than use any prog to make a data cd, the name of the cd needs to be the same as in the bin file. Hoop it helps, sorry for my english

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try going to the Plextor website and download the newest drivers. If that doesnt work, there might be a hardware conflict somewhere. If the drivers don't work, I suggest sending it to a computer repair center and see what they can do. I personally have a Lite-On and have had no problems.