Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Searching for short trips to Europe?

Hi folks,

The mrs wants to go away for a couple of days in two weeks but I'm having a nightmare finding anything really - the problem is she's working until 6pm on the Saturday in York at which point we can then get her shit together and head for an airport to go away for two days.

I've been using Skyscanner and Expedia so far to try and find flights, basically is there a website anywhere were you can just put in to leave the UK for anywhere in Europe and specify flights late on a Saturday?

So far all I've found is a late Aer Lingus flight on the Saturday night from Manc to Dublin which may have to do, but by the time we get into Dublin we've missed Saturday night anyway really.

Any ideas please folks?

The other alternative is to go on the lash on the Saturday night, and then get an early doors flight on the Sunday and come back Monday afternoon / nighttime.

Any recommendations of places to go just for the day? Was thinking Barcelona could be alright?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Searching for short trips to Europe?

There is something on Money saving expert. I dont know how flexible it is but ive used it before to put how much I wanted to spend. Put say £30 and it gives you all the flights under £30, might work for times as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't bother going abroad for that length of time, you're really only going to have 1 full day there. Saturday will be a write off and Monday you'll have your luggage etc. You'll be spending around 10 hrs travelling/waiting at airports. Save the money from the flights and book a nice hotel within 100 miles of York, good food, wine, open fire. Bollocks to sightseeing, save that for the summer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you're looking for a nice hotel within that radius, I can recommend Rockliffe Hall near Darlington. The restaurant is run by Kenny Atkinson, and he's awesome.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Hi folks,

The mrs wants to go away for a couple of days in two weeks but I'm having a nightmare finding anything really - the problem is she's working until 6pm on the Saturday in York at which point we can then get her shit together and head for an airport to go away for two days.

I've been using Skyscanner and Expedia so far to try and find flights, basically is there a website anywhere were you can just put in to leave the UK for anywhere in Europe and specify flights late on a Saturday?

So far all I've found is a late Aer Lingus flight on the Saturday night from Manc to Dublin which may have to do, but by the time we get into Dublin we've missed Saturday night anyway really.

Any ideas please folks?

The other alternative is to go on the lash on the Saturday night, and then get an early doors flight on the Sunday and come back Monday afternoon / nighttime.

Any recommendations of places to go just for the day? Was thinking Barcelona could be alright?

Thanks in advance!
    http://www.poferries.com/tourist/boo....html?route=hu

Buy one get one free at the mo too. Visit the Dam or Bruges.
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by copey123 View Post
    http://www.poferries.com/tourist/boo....html?route=hu

Buy one get one free at the mo too. Visit the Dam or Bruges.
    that would have been perfect for me too, but it only seems to be for March wanted it for June.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys, we've moved it back a bit so hopefully we'll get an extra day out the UK

P&O are right dodgy, my parents use them once or twice a year to go to Rotterdam - we keep getting the leaflets through saying they've got a big sale on but the prices are always the same!

I literally searched ferries every day for three months and think we found two or three days out of all those which were priced near what they were saying on the mailouts and everytime they've been the price is usually within 20 quid of the last time they went!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I second staying local you will do too much travel and no play its the 6pm finish on sat that kills it

jag

I'm not racist i hate everybody