Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

Corey Haim was a teenage heartthrob

The Lost Boys actor Corey Haim has died aged 38, the Los Angeles coroner's office has confirmed. A spokeswoman said he passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning at Providence St Joseph Medical Centre.
    A post-mortem will determine the cause of death and no other details have been released as yet.
    The Canadian-born star's first role was in the 1984 hit Firstborn. In recent years, he appeared in reality TV show The Two Coreys.
    The series, which also starred Haim's friend Corey Feldman, was cancelled in 2008 after two series.
    The pair, who both have battled drug problems in the past, starred in the 1988 movie License to Drive together and became well known for their on and off screen partnership.
    After Firstborn, Haim landed a role in the 1985 TV movie A Time to Live and also appeared in several episodes of the TV show Roomies.
    He went on to become a teen heartthrob after starring in the 1986 film Lucas, alongside Charlie Sheen and Winona Ryder.
    Haim starred alongside Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys, about a group of friends who do battle with a band of teenage vampires.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8560246.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

Personally think the drugs may have got the better of him, as he's battled for years with it...

Such a sad loss though and at a very young age...

License to Drive / Prayer Of The Rollerboys / Lost Boys and Watchers are some of my fav movies of his.

R.I.P Corey Haim
    Last edited by demonology; 10th March 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Damn, wasn't expecting that, might have to sit and watch Lost Boys later in tribute.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

license to drive and the lost boys are class.

RIP to someone who could have been a teen legend!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

his brother wife will be pleased.... any one every watch the reality show about them, she hated him.
    but my point of view yeat another person dies cause of drugs and alcohol
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another power wank candidate IMO. And yes every death will get this as my prediction as the actual cause.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Another power wank candidate IMO. And yes every death will get this as my prediction as the actual cause.
    Couldn't agree more. ALL deaths should be treated as power wank related until proved beyond all doubt.

Can we have a tag rather than 'world news serious' it says 'power wank related'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Power Wank i say ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whenever I make similar comments to the above in the serious news section my posts get deleted. Personally, I think the 'serious' news rules should be done away with, if not, can we at least be consistent?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would tend to agree with your sentiment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm in total agreement!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Whenever I make similar comments to the above in the serious news section my posts get deleted. Personally, I think the 'serious' news rules should be done away with, if not, can we at least be consistent?
    I would tend to agree with your sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I'm in total agreement!
    So we can have pathetic comments posted and destroy interesting discussion as happened with so many threads before the rule was introduced.

If you want to act the clown and make smart arse comments then there are plenty of other section and you can restart any thread from here in the D&D and the hypocrisy of all three of your comments stinks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure why I am being a hypocrite, never said it was a good idea in the first place so not going against anything I have previously said. If people cannot discuss things in their own way then control is too heavy. If I have a serious comment I will post it and if that leads to healthy discussion I will continue to be part of it. Its all about perception by those a subject affects or has an impact on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah... another someone dies and people go off topic and the focus changes to bitching about each other again and how in another thread last decade, blah blah blah... I love these threads....

How about in RIP threads from now, instead of posting comments we all leave gif's of roses... then go down to the Dog & Duck and open the 'Power Wank' theory and bitch at each other.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure why I am being a hypocrite, never said it was a good idea in the first place so not going against anything I have previously said. If people cannot discuss things in their own way then control is too heavy. If I have a serious comment I will post it and if that leads to healthy discussion I will continue to be part of it. Its all about perception by those a subject affects or has an impact on.
    It's not about discussing things in their own way that has never been stopped it's about pathetic arseclowns trying to score schoolboy points at the expense of destroying a thread.

I have seen the discussion in this section go from pages of off topic banter before the rules got amended to serious discussion and opinion on a variety of topics which makes for good and interesting reading you just have to read down a few topics to see this.

If you don't like it then don't post in it or start your own topic in the D&D simple

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    So we can have pathetic comments posted and destroy interesting discussion as happened with so many threads before the rule was introduced.

If you want to act the clown and make smart arse comments then there are plenty of other section and you can restart any thread from here in the D&D and the hypocrisy of all three of your comments stinks.
    I can't see why the discussion about the news story can't include everyone's comments serious or not.

I could post something I considered to be serious, such as I'm glad he's dead as he abused drugs, had many opportunities others would die for and was a waste of a human being (not my thoughts by the way, before anyone gets all worked up). That would presumably be ok under your rules?

Conversely, I would not be allowed to post a smart arse comment such as, he died from wanking too hard.

Which of the two would be more inflammatory? Personally, I think the serious post would be far more inflammatory.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't see it as a sad loss. If he did die of a drug overdose then it's his own stupid fault.
    Why should he have legendary status because he was in a few movies we all loved as kids.

russbeer states he could have been a teen legend, it was 19 years since he was a teen...

Not a good example to kids is it that we feel sorry for someone who (reportedly) overdoses on drugs. Maybe these 'legends' should waste money on therapy rather than drugs...

"Oh please feel sorry for me, I am famous which coincidently is what I always wanted to be, but I can't handle it...."

I feel for his family, they are the people who have to pick the pieces up. It will probably be a welcome relief to most of them.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Point is why bother with RIP threads? I mean Cory Haim, he was a nothing actor, a pure journeyman actor who basically appeared in one good film (well, I liked Lost Boys!) and a whole load of straight to video titles. If he passed away at 83 in his sleep it wouldn't even be reported, but because he's young everyone suddenly jumps up with this RIP shit. And personally, as someone who has no belief in afterlife. noone can rest in peace anyway because they are dead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We have section rules for a reason !

The thread starter deems if he wishes to the topic to be serious or humourus when he/selects the prefix.

Don't like it ? unlucky .

Serial offenders and shit stirrers will lose access to this section.

I and the other staff have better things to do with our time than piss balling about with idiots trying to go against the grain.

You want to be clowns then join the circus or start your own humouros titled thread.
    If there already a serious thread going though then the unserious one will be deleted.

The onus is on you then to post quicker to start a thread.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I can't see why the discussion about the news story can't include everyone's comments serious or not.

I could post something I considered to be serious, such as I'm glad he's dead as he abused drugs, had many opportunities others would die for and was a waste of a human being (not my thoughts by the way, before anyone gets all worked up). That would presumably be ok under your rules?

Conversely, I would not be allowed to post a smart arse comment such as, he died from wanking too hard.

Which of the two would be more inflammatory? Personally, I think the serious post would be far more inflammatory.
    Correct as the first adds to the discussion controversial or inflammatory and is an opinion so still adds and drives the topic, the other just drives the subject off topic and all the arseclowns decide this is the joke section and thus it starts.

I don't feel I have to justify the rules of this section as the vast improvement in discussion and content of discussion, involvement of people who previously avoided the section is justification alone.

When starting a thread you have pre-set options the person who's posted decides this and as I said if you don't agree then start a topic in the D&D or jokes section simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast