Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default online manuals ???

does anybody know of any sites that show how to repair/service vehicles like the haynes manuals, ive checked there but they dont do startlet

1988 F reg starlet 999c

Outer CV Boot NSF replace

cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never came across any site that hosts car manuals. The job you need to do is as most other FWD cars except Renault, who continue to confuse innovation with idiot inventions. The best\ easiest way to change a CV boot, without having to get covered in grease while you try to release the retaining clip, is to use a neoprene (spell?) replacement boot and a "Cone". I'll go into detail and tell you exactly how to change the CV boot if I must, but, I have to say that unless your determined to learn how to do it, you'd be better leaving it to someone who's trained to do it. We're talking about £3 for a CV boot and one hour of labour to a mechanic with the right tools after all. Believe me approx £30 or less is a small price to pay to save yourself the effort and avoid any problems.Let me know if you decide to do it and I'll post general instructions that will cover most cars, but can't include the exact method of CV joint removal because motor manufacturers don't adopt the same method to fix the CV joint to the drive shaft, most use clips that need to be held open, or closed to remove the CV joint, some (Renault) have no clips at all which means the shaft has to be removed and the inner CV joint removed to replace the CV boot, unless you use a cone and a neoprene boot. Either way its a dirty job thats best left to a professional.