Close

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Files in an ISO

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Files in an ISO

When you make an ISO, what is actually in it? I have created and opened one using the XBOX ISO TOOLKIT and all I see is 6 VIDEO files.

I opened the ISO because I tried to use the GAMESELECTOR and the instructions told me to rename the default.xbe's to default1.xbe and so on. Now, where in this ISO is the default.xbe file?

I know for a fact it is not my XBOX or Evox v2 because my XBOX can read the disk with the ISO I burnt to it. What am I doing wrong?

If there was a chat I missed about this subject let me know. I have tried using the search and used every word I could think of without luck. I also used ISONEWS.com and it wasn't any help either.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks
    Karma Level

deleted

wots the point
    Last edited by Freaky; 26th September 2002 at 01:32 AM.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Main directory of what? When I click on the ISO to extract the info from it, all I get are the 6 VIDEO files. I have tried both the XISO and ISO TOOLBOX and I get the samething. I have also tried using a different cd burner and I get the same results.

Please read it again carefully. I have tried it on both WWE RAW & HALO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

mike1126 these games u trying aint originals by any chance in ur pc? If so its impossible to get the files required. Its called copy proteection.

Thanks
    Karma Level

deleted

wots the point
    Last edited by Freaky; 26th September 2002 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes they are originals. I put them into my CDROM and use the ISO extractors. I don't think you can get any more original than that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

deleted

wots the point

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you would have read & understood my first post, you would have found out that my XBOX can read the ISO I burnt on it.

I have FTP hooked up and you are right about not being able to get all that info onto a CD-R/RW. All I have is a DVD player & a CD burner.

Let me know if you have anymore idea's or hints to use. Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

deleted

wots the point

Thanks
    Karma Level

You are unbelievable. That quote was for the both of you because you were trying to say that my games were not originals.

Quit trying to make more problems than what this post is worth. Put some common sense into this before you try answering my questions with more questions.

Like I said before, I cannot get a default.xbe file when I make an ISO from an original game (store bought & not downloaded on my PC). I know it is not the CD-R/RW because my XBOX can read the CD-R/RW (this can only be done with a modded XBOX and in order to see those files on the XBOX you need Evox to get to the D drive & I also mentioned that I used FTP to transfer the files from my XBOX to my PC (another hint for Evox).

So know that I got all the little info out of the way & I was able to answer all of your "NEWBE questions" can you or can you not answer mine? Please read CAREFULLY & put some common sense into it before you answer my question with another one.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

deleted

wots the point
    Last edited by Freaky; 26th September 2002 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haven't you read the questions you asked me? My opening post answered all but a couple of them (if you put a little common sense into it).
    I figured you had more experience in the game & from this conversation it seems like you don't. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont know what gave you the impression i had more experience anyway, i have never claimed this, all i try do do is answer any questions i might happen to know the answers to

as i said before whenever i have used evolution-x and transfered the files from a game to my pc there has ALWAYS been lots of folders and a default.xbe file, as soon as you connect to your xbox and click on the d:\ drive you see the folders and default.xbe file there from the original xbox game in the xbox drive

its been the same with any iso file i have extracted using an iso extractor,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mike1126 less of ur attitude it stinks. U saying u answered my newb questions? Please point to a thread where u did thx. Oh sorry u cant find one

1. the default.xbe ALWAYS in the root dir on the iso.

When you make an ISO, what is actually in it? I have created and opened one using the XBOX ISO TOOLKIT and all I see is 6 VIDEO files.

and then.....

Yes they are originals. I put them into my CDROM and use the ISO extractors. I don't think you can get any more original than that.
    the pc cannot read originals even with these iso extractors flying about. All u get is video_ts dir and some files (taking a hint there?) Obviously not! Now listen to what ppl say in the future.

To backup a original u need to use evo x from xbox to pc. I repeat u cannot backup games by just ur pc. You need to set a ftp sortware up on ur xbox (hint evo x) and use that to copy all files to a folder on ur hdd. Then u make an iso using the dir on ur hdd and patch it if necessary.

To backup a copy u can use an iso extractor on ur pc.

Now can u please apologise to freaky he does alot of work on these forums and u just put him down. Yes hes not the most tehcnical person here about xbox things but he does help with the basic information. And what he said WAS RIGHT.

So now whos the newb?

Your posts are very confusing.. First u say ur using originals and iso extractors on ur pc then u say ur using evo x! Say what u are doing in future.
    Last edited by donty; 26th September 2002 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep exactly if he had read MY post PROPERLEY he would have understood HE is making the iso file WRONG.

i will repeat yet again you CANNOT CANNOT make an iso of an original xbox game with a pc alone.

when you put an original xbox game in a DVD-ROM (note dvd NOT CD-ROM as you said) all you see is ONE folder called video_ts, this folder contains the 6 video files you are seeing, so you are NOT making the iso correctly you say it reads in your xbox, you might be able to read it with evo-x but it wont play the game, if it did the there would be no need for evolution-x now would there.

so i suggest before you come on here putting US down you go and read the NEWBIE guides on how to use and backup a game with evo-x PROPERLEY.

and what the hell were you trippin about, we were ASKING again ASKING if your games were originals not trying to say they wernt, who cares if they are originals or not we were trying to help you

oh and thanks donty i KNEW i was right, just try convince HIM of that

talk about pullin teeth
    Last edited by Freaky; 26th September 2002 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd like to second what donty and freaky have said - don't confuse DF with isonews - they're very different

Thanks
    Karma Level

Donty- How can I read your posts correctly when "u ain't got no goo englich to begin wit" . I had to read it very slowly so I could understand it and I still got confused. Your not from Arkansas are you? But I finally figured out what you were trying to tell me. "You cannot use your PC to read the game because it has a copy protection". I think that was what you were saying. Your right, to a point. The DVD drive I have now will not extract the default.xbe file. However, there are some of the better brands (Pioneer, HP) that can read what is on the disk to create a working ISO. That was the whole reason why they made these ISO extractor programs and that is why I tried to use them in my PC. It also tells you in the instructions to put the game into your PC DVD drive. As for the "newbe stuff", you didn't see what Freaky whas writing before he deleted everything (probably because he realized that every question he asked me was answered in the first post. I figured everyone should have a little common sense when using these programs in their XBOX & the people responding to any post should not treat everyone like they don't have a clue (see deleted posts above), but he tried.

I hope you accepted my apology. For what this post was worth, I do know now that I will have to get a DVD writer to copy a game that is transferred to my PC from my XBOX & not all DVD drives will create a workable ISO.

If anyone has anything to add or delete, be my guest in this post.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    you didn't see what Freaky whas writing before he deleted everything (probably because he realized that every question he asked me was answered in the first post
    i deleted it coz i wanted to disasociate myself from the thread coz you were being all high and mighty and tripping out and saying we were trying to say your games were not originals.

and your post didnt answer the questions

all i can say to you is go and learn how to use evolution-x properley and you will be able to extract a game properley this is the message im trying to drum into your head, you extract the files from the xbox dvd drive TO the PC and THEN you will see all the folders AND the default.xbe.

oh yeahh and you say
    Quit trying to make more problems than what this post is worth. Put some common sense into this before you try answering my questions with more questions
    seems your the only one making problems for yourself, i think you should stick to isonews m8 they are more used to that sort of thing over there, you come on here asking for help, then start wiggin out when we ask are your games originals, then you start putting people down
    Donty- How can I read your posts correctly when "u ain't got no goo englich to begin wit"
    i dont usually argue with people on her m8 coz i have never had to but ill just get to the point

YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGHT TOSSER
    im sorry ive had to say it guys as ive never had to before but he does

if your gonna ask for help then dont put people down, good introduction to this forum

and this is the last im gonna say about this(to you anyway) coz its turning into a feckin isonews type petty argument and its (your) not worth it.

wot a character
    Last edited by Freaky; 27th September 2002 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Mike1126
    Donty- How can I read your posts correctly when "u ain't got no goo englich to begin wit" . I had to read it very slowly so I could understand it and I still got confused. Your not from Arkansas are you? But I finally figured out what you were trying to tell me. "You cannot use your PC to read the game because it has a copy protection". I think that was what you were saying. Your right, to a point.
    And ur a moron? **** u. All i do is try to help ppl on this forum I wont do that any more. So what if my english isnt that good.. U dont know anything about me. What I do or anything like that. Go and die please.

The DVD drive I have now will not extract the default.xbe file. However, there are some of the better brands (Pioneer, HP) that can read what is on the disk to create a working ISO.
    You once again believe that u have some knowledge and infact u have none!

No dvd drive on the pc can read an original successfully moron unless if u have a hacked firmware for a certyain type of drive, and a custom built iso exrtractor and an optionally knowledge of asm would be nice. Only know only groups have that. Now go back in ur little whole and die.

That was the whole reason why they made these ISO extractor programs and that is why I tried to use them in my PC. It also tells you in the instructions to put the game into your PC DVD drive.

NO the point of the ISO extractors where to read already made images/burned discs. There is NO public available ISO extractor that can read originals. Get that thru ur thick skull please. This enabled ppl to do some home development such as game selectors and so on.

Why do u think it only a few groups started with xbox releases. And then as soon as ermmm evo-x got released loads of grps started to appear! Cos of what evo-x allows u to do. DOH!

As for the "newbe stuff", you didn't see what Freaky whas writing before he deleted everything (probably because he realized that every question he asked me was answered in the first post. I figured everyone should have a little common sense when using these programs in their XBOX & the people responding to any post should not treat everyone like they don't have a clue (see deleted posts above), but he tried.
    He was right u dont have a clue.

I do know now that I will have to get a DVD writer to copy a game that is transferred to my PC from my XBOX & not all DVD drives will create a workable ISO.
    U STILL dont get it do u?? *sigh* You don't need a dvd/cd drive on ur computer to make an iso using the evo-x method. Unless if you want to burn it of course.

I hope you accepted my apology.

What apology??? All I can see is ur insulting me cause of my english skills. Get a grip. Now I remember why I stopped helping ppl.

I CANNOT wait for m$ to start putting more protection on xbox titles. It will stop ppl like u copying them without any knowledge whatsoever.

This post should have been on isonews. Flaming doesnt really happen on these boards.. But u brought it to that level. I hope ur happy.

I wont help anyone here again. Good day and goodbye. 99% of my posts have been answering ppl queries. I guess my post count wont go up much more.
    Last edited by donty; 27th September 2002 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oooops!
    Last edited by Thak; 27th September 2002 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast