Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Must Try Harder!

Personally I wished Arsenal had played Bayer Leverkusen, a team this year at the bottom of the Bundersleague, who had some of their best players missing.

Instead, who do we get drawn against? a fully fit PSV Eindhoven, Champions of the Dutch league.

Damn! If only we`d been able to score more goals!

Suppose we`ll just have to settle for the four then.......

(p.s. this is a dig at the Mancs best performance in Europe that I witnessed last night)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very impressive, do you think you will go all the way?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...............

Thanks
    Karma Level

After 18 months without a win in Europe i`d say thats impressive.

Think the true test would be if we had to play against Real Madrid, think we`d probably come out worst on that fixture unless some real magic was pulled out of the hat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Real madrid would give you a good spanking. I think you would fair better against them than the scum though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

REDARMY: Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...............
    Must admit that i`m surprised your still supporting Man Utd this year? Aren`t Man Utd supporters just third division team supporters that are dejected so they support a winning team, well look at the trophy cabinet for the past season..... thought you`d be supporting Arsenal by now. lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lee think you are right, even the Mancs would admit having a tough time against the best team in the world - REAL MADRID.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Real Madrid

Man U would win easy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Arsenal will never win the CL.

and why is it that Arsenal fans are all so arrogant?

thats thier downfall.....

i honestly can say i hate arsenal fans. you are arrogant pricks.

no wonder your team is full of ****s.

ps. if you are happy to win the competition with only 3 english men in the team then you are bigger wankers then i thought.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

is Nayim playing in the CL this year?

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont think newcastle will win fcukall
    but good luck to any english club that wins against the foreign twats
    if its (gunner) be Arsenal well so be it
    as long as a english club wins

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quit playa hating

Originally posted by webslinger2k

i honestly can say i hate arsenal fans. you are arrogant pricks.
    no shit sherlock

Originally posted by honest dave

is Nayim playing in the CL this year?
    no, it seems strange that a scouser would harp on about a moment only savoured by scum fans, are you a closet spud masquerading as a Pool fan?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Webslinger, when I first stumbled across this section of the forum, I seriously thought you were a Scum fan by your attitude.

Met alot of Liverpool fans at the Community Shield, and had no problems with them, the ones I spoke to were a good bunch.

This post was more of a jibe at all the Man Utd fans, who have given us this kind of crap for ages..... and who dont like it when the ball is on the other foot.

We`re doing well, so obviously all Arsenal fans are pretty damn happy at the moment, whether your mis-interpretting this as Arrogant.

I certainly haven`t put any digs in about Liverpools european performance, maybe your venting your fury at us because there is a potential that you can go top if we have a bad game in the league.

The true test of any team will be if they come across Real Madrid......

Man Utd best team in Europe? Get your head out of the sand. They`ve faced easy opposition so far, an Israeli team, and Bayer Leverkusen who are bottom of the Bundersleague and minus a few of there best players. Just wait!

We had 6 English players who all played a major part in clinching the double last year: Seaman, Cole, Dixon, Parlour, Keown, Adams..... so dont think you can criticise us that much.

Webslinger, if your anti-French then your supporting the wrong club....... Look at Liverpools manager, oh and Dioufs first language is french, maybe you should start supporting Everton. lmao!

Heres the link for you if you want tickets:

http://www.evertonfc.com/tickets/index.asp
    Last edited by PSXRing; 27th September 2002 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

your such a fcuking arrogant arse bandit!!!!

it's a really wierd feeling actually wanting a team to fall on its face more than liverpool!

and the good thing is..... you will!!

You have virtually NO english players in your first team.... most of the ones you mentioned have retired or moved on......

you are as english a club as fcukin garlic bread!

and if many different fans from different clubs tell you and your club are arrogant then you fcukin are!

your manager is an arrogant twat "only the champions should be in the champions league"

ha you didn't say that when you were ROOTED to second place!

and "we will go undefeated all season"

well if thats not arrogant i don't know what is!

....... its true...... your full of it...... a true arsenal fan!
    Steve Coppell & Wayne Rooney....... Born in Croxteth....... MADE IN MANCHESTER!!!
    -------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think your full of it bud. If you look up the word arrogant in the English Dictionary you`ll find `low-life Man Utd fan` next to it.

I don`t want Liverpool to screw up, as i`ve said the Liverpool fans I met in Cardiff were a good bunch - and to be honest if we messed up i`d prefer them to win the League than any club from Manchester.

But to get to the top you`ve got to be there on merit....... and thats not being arrogant, unlike some Man Utd fans the facts matter, and thats winning games. Remember at the end of last season thinking that Liverpool would be more of a threat than Man Utd...... and so far i`ve been proved right.

As Roy Keane stated, some of the players are more concerned by there posessions than the football on the pitch. Man Utd are more a collection of individuals playing football than a team, and that is there ultimate undoing.

your manager is an arrogant twat "only the champions should be in the champions league"
    Don`t think Alex Ferguson fell for that, but obviously you haven`t seen it for what it is...... the mind games are starting early.

and "we will go undefeated all season", well if thats not arrogant i don't know what is!
    Funnily enough, I remember Alex Ferguson saying something exactly the same at the start of the 2001 season...... but look where that got him.

Sir Alex Ferguson wants his Manchester United side to go undefeated all season, according to David Beckham. The England midfielder said Ferguson has targeted an unprecedented quadruple as he strives for yet more trophies to add to the Old Trafford cabinet.
    Now that takes the biscuit, not a triple, BUT THE QUADRUPLE!

..... and that year the cupboard was bare. lol.

Think you`ve got selective memory Flick.
    Last edited by PSXRing; 27th September 2002 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

PSXRing

I'm not normally offensive but you deserve it more than most. If for nothing else just for being the wind up merchant that you are.

While you are talking utter bollox can you answer a question "why are all other supporters arrogant when there team is just winning and yet arsenal supporters are just happy?"

answer because your head is so far up the arse you just cant see what a stupid arrogant statement that really was

all fans will celebrate and jibe the opposition when they are winning, other wise there would not much point, hopefully even a total pratt like you can work that out

Jsut coz manu have had a big chunk of recent history to do just that doesnt mean there fans are more arrogant it just means they have had more chance to do so.

And if you want to think that arsenal are a better team in europe than man utd or liver pool why not look at some results over the last 20 years and then come back and tell use how the mighty london reds have dominated

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, yeah, yeah the AR$E are in a rich vain of form at the moment and are top of the league... so what? all Man U fans are supposed to be really jealous and envious??

Let’s look at the recent track record, not just the one off flash in the pan year.

One team has won 2 championships, the FA Cup twice, and the Cup Winners Cup.

The other has 7 championships, the FA Cup three times, and the European Cup.

When the AR$E are able to string enough results together to start qualifying for the proper knock out stages in Europe for more than a one off year, then I might take some notice. Otherwise, you might as well be Blackburn. As for now, kiss my AR$E.

Thanks
    Karma Level

tut tut tut yous football guys are a bad lot.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sour grapes boys?

If the Man Utd fans amongst you want to harp on about the past, lets get the Liverpool fans to join in.

True, Arsenal haven`t won the Champions League yet. However the boys from Merseyside have won the European cup four times, and are the most successful club English club in history.

Are you Man Utd fans truely happy with your teams performance, because I am - any team could beat them at present???? (come on Charlton)

Thanks
    Karma Level

THE TITLE `MUST TRY HARDER` ALSO APPLIES TO MAN UTD. LOL.

From Mirror Newspaper:

You need a sense of humour in this peculiar world. How else would you deal with the fact you can buy edible underwear with a 48-inch waistband?

That sort of disturbing discovery (thank you, alert reader) prompts either screams or laughter, but it's far better to chuckle if you can. The trick is to be armed with a wry grin and a dry gin.

To demonstrate the point further let me tell you a joke. It's quite funny, too.

Manchester United have solemnly informed the Daily Mirror that we will be excluded from joining the official party travelling to the club's next European match because - and I am not making this up - we said their misfiring striker Diego Forlan had the "finishing skills of Norman Wisdom".

Apparently, Forlan took offence at the suggestion, and a club spokesman called one of my colleagues earlier this week to impose this unusual banning order. We haven't stopped laughing since.

A couple of things immediately spring to mind:

1. Does Forlan really know who Norman is? It's hard to imagine the comic has a huge following in Uruguay.

2. And shouldn't it be Sir Norman Wisdom who takes offence at this comparison? After all, he is a much-loved knight of the realm, while Forlan is a long way from that target...which should be a familiar feeling for him.

Look, we know all football clubs hate criticism and comment. But they are veering into the realms of outright paranoia when they start objecting to humour.

Apparently, the United view is this kind of remark should not be included in a match context, but that it is acceptable for some humorous and sarcastic barbs "to be included in a column like Des Kelly's".

So, buoyed up by that official endorsement from the club itself, I bring you the latest Forlan song being sung in the pubs near Old Trafford.

It was sent in to me by the good folk of the Red Issue fanzine, demonstrating it is not some nasty Mirror singling out Mr Forlan for undue attention, but rather a newspaper reflecting the astonishment of the paying public that a player who shoots as if he put his boots on the wrong feet really cost £7.5million.

It is sung to the unforgettable tune of D.I.S.C.O. by the band Ottawan. All together now:

D..I..E..G..O..

D..I..E..G..O..

He is:

D: Disappointing;

I: Ineffective;

E: Empty-handed;

G: ****ing Goalless; he is;

O: 'Opeless.

I think Forlan would prefer the Norman Wisdom gag.

The strange thing is that United fans have been pretty supportive of Forlan's struggles to hit something more worthwhile than the cups of Coca-Cola held by people sitting behind the goal. They all see he is trying and they all see he his willing, but they also know he runs with the intensity and effectiveness of a dog chasing its own tail.

And while they cheered him when he stepped up to break his 26-game duck with a meaningless late penalty, it's obvious Forlan is a desperately lightweight weapon and that is not going to be enough to topple Arsenal on home soil, or Real Madrid in Europe for that matter.

United must know this, which is why they are blaming everyone but themselves and indulging in more finger-pointing than when a plane goes over Norfolk.

Newspapers certainly did not rob Forlan of his self-belief. The truth is, he started badly and his confidence evaporated every time he sent the stewards scurrying for cover with another attempt on goal

Rather than worry about whether Norman Wisdom is an appropriate comparison, United should be more concerned about the wisdom of dumping Teddy Sheringham, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke and replacing them with a player who impersonates Jordi Cruyff wearing a Karel Poborsky wig.

Trying to put the squeeze on a paper for alluding to this glaring inadequacy in United's bid for honours is pretty pathetic and normally I wouldn't bother to drone on at length about a such silly media spat. They happen all the time.

But it indicates the level of control these big clubs would like to exert on the media.

It's not enough to ban access, to vet every question and insulate themselves from the real world. It's not enough to employ PAs and PRs whose only recognisable purpose is to be obstructive.

It's not enough to have their own television station and the predictably anodyne coverage that ensues. It's not even enough to have a local newspaper journalist or two in their back pocket.

United are now investigating the possibility of controlling the photographs that come out of Old Trafford. That means you might not be able to see the next elbowing controversy, the next scuffle, because it doesn't suit the corporate image.

Think of that when they tell you what jokes are acceptable. And laugh in their faces.

Because, if it happens, we'll be using pictures of Norman Wisdom instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast