Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gary Neville........

Gary Neville stated in todays Sun, that the side they beat 4 years ago in the 1998/1999 season was better than the current Arsenal side.

What kind of surgery did he undergo, anyone would think it was on his brain to make a statement like that.

4-1 win at Leeds.

And even I thought we`d have problems with this game when Kanu was named as being up front.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gary Neville was talking out of the ass m8

this Arsenal side is great to watch,seen the game live on sky this morning ,& i dont even support Arsenal

i support liverpool ,just heard the result and we won this afternoon ,heard there want back to playing the way we were playing 2 -3 years ago, bore teams to death ,and hit them on the break, cant moan as this is the only way we will win thing, so dont fix what is not broken, G H

Tafsir

Thanks
    Karma Level

hhhm.....

i think i can safely say this arsenal side is the best i have ever seen. without a shadow of a doubt - only a manc would say different.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are a great passing side who can make a goal form nothing, but we made them look even better today.
    Some terrible tactical decisions by Terry Venables today. I was very disappointed, with some performances and the team in general.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yawn!!!!

One season - One Double!!!! And people think they are the team to beat!!!?????

Good team they are - no doubt, but I agrea with gn and that statement.

Sorry guys!

Arsenal will never be the team United are!!! (or even Liverpool in them days!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hassan, werent you on All-Forums, and if I remember I slapped you down like the bitch you are.

If your gonna make a comment, at least put the effort in an make it a credible one.

Don`t you mean Arsenal will never be the team Man Utd WERE!

Because Deigo Forlan is possibly THE WORST buy Man Utd have made. A man who can only hit the target, if you place the ball in front of him in a penalty situation.

Any injuries or suspensions and the entire form of the Man Utd squad suffers.

Man Utd are a good team when at full strength, and Veron has come into form this season..... however with the loss of one striker through injury, or a midfielder such as Roy Keane being suspended aren`t going to do your chances much good.

Look at Liverpool and Arsenal above you in the table, and see the gap grow!

Man Utd are now Premiereship Winner Wannabees! Ferguson should have quit while he had a chance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by PSXRing
    Hassan, werent you on All-Forums, and if I remember I slapped you down like the bitch you are.

If your gonna make a comment, at least put the effort in an make it a credible one....
    Practice what you preach! "Because Deigo Forlan is possibly THE WORST buy Man Utd have made. A man who can only hit the target, if you place the ball in front of him in a penalty situation."

Garry Birtles was possible the WORST buy we ever made, and we paid a record fee for him.

"Look at Liverpool and Arsenal above you in the table, and see the gap grow!"

Pure speculation!:

"Man Utd are now Premiereship Winner Wannabees! Ferguson should have quit while he had a chance."

Wrong, so VERY wrong.....:bleh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

CON-DIGI, oh how blinkerred you really are.

Alex Ferguson has only faced second rate teams in the Champions League so far........ and nothing to taxing in the premiereship.

And certainly believe that injured players are being rushed back. The teams results took a serious dive with Scholes and Keane missing.............

Man Utd were the best, but not anymore.
    Last edited by PSXRing; 29th September 2002 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yawn yawn yawn........

man U are finished blah blah!!

with injuries to key players we look weak and it is indeed correct we do!

luckily we've hit these easy fixtures and are winning (is it four in a row now?)

id like to see arsenal and liverpool do that with 3 or 4 injuries to the KEY central midfield players a couple of internatiional defenders out and the squad to be a striker or two short.

STILL we're grinding out results!!

we have the smallest squad compared to you lot and at the moment the team picks itself! (and with p neville in midfield!!!.... jesus :rolls: )

once we get the boys back (and maybe secure some more personel in january) we will storm back to the top....

at least our dip in form leaves us TOP of our Champions leage group and equal third, on points, in the league.

yep were finished!!

the managers forgot all his tactics, giggs can't dribble any more beckham can't kick, ruud panics in front of goal, keano can't be arsed, pele was joking when he said Butt is one of the best midfielders he's seen and rio........?? what a shite defender (he well showed us up in the world cup!!)

haha i can't believe you lot are writing us off......

talk about flawed!!
    Steve Coppell & Wayne Rooney....... Born in Croxteth....... MADE IN MANCHESTER!!!
    -------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Karma Level

CON-DIGI, oh how blinkerred you really are.

Alex Ferguson has only faced second rate teams in the Champions League so far........ and nothing to taxing in the premiereship.

And certainly believe that injured players are being rushed back. The teams results took a serious dive with Scholes and Keane missing...........
    WHAT????? and you call ME blinkered!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

£32M profit last year - Man U could buy Viera (stop gap for Keano under suspension).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blinkerred, well you boys have got to be to support Man Utd.

Just wonder if you supported them before Alex Ferguson started, and before they started doing well???

We had players dropping like flies last year, medium to long term injuries on: Pires, Ljungberg, Adams, Seaman, Parlour and we still won the FA Cup and Premiereship title.

With the inclusion of Gilberto Silva the team has got better.

OLIVIER DACOURT says Arsenal are not the best team in the Premiership - they are the best in Europe.

The Leeds midfielder saw for himself at Elland Road the power of Arsene Wenger's champions.

Dacourt said: "Real won the Champions League and are the benchmark for the whole of Europe.

"But I am sure that, if Arsenal played them now, they would beat them.

"Yes, I honestly do believe, on present form, Arsenal are the best."

French international Dacourt insisted: "In the Premiership nobody can touch them. Everybody is fighting to be second.

"Certainly, if they play week-in, week-out like they did against us, then it will be very difficult for the rest to catch up.

"They are the best team in England by far and they proved it here. They are much better than they were even last season when they won the Double.

"Everything about them is so good. They play with pace, skill and simplicity.
    At present Man Utd are reliant on Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and I definately think that a replacement for Forlan will arrive come January.

Thanks
    Karma Level

honestDave: £32M profit last year - Man U could buy Viera (stop gap for Keano under suspension).
    LOL. Think he`d prefer to stay at a club where he can win competitions.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We had players dropping like flies last year, medium to long term injuries on: Pires, Ljungberg, Adams, Seaman, Parlour and we still won the FA Cup and Premiereship title.
    Look how you cope without Adams now!! and i'm sure parlour was a great loss! (hardly KEY personnel

AND big teams always have a spare goalie

OK pires is a big loss but mentioning a couple of players you have replacments for hardly compares to the problems United has at the mo!!

you didn't have to play anyone out of position!!

You seem to forget that MANCHESTER UNITED were the last challenger to the eventual champions last season (down to the last couple of games) AND we were the furthest english club in the champions league! ONE GOAL off the final, only to go out UNDEFEATED on the away goals rule!

where did your european campaign end last season?????

even LIVERPOOL got further than you!

haha!!
    Steve Coppell & Wayne Rooney....... Born in Croxteth....... MADE IN MANCHESTER!!!
    -------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Karma Level

well without going into it to deep i think neville is closer to the truth than you all think

at the time the arse defense was better than it is now, now i'm not slating the current defence but it has a way to go before its as good as dixon, addams, keown and winterburn/silvinio from 4/5 years ago.

Then there is the midfield and lets start with 1 of the best pairings in the middle ever really Petit and Vierra with ovrmars on the left and a younger but just as hungry parlour who i think even now is one of the hardest working players in the epl.

then up front with bergkamp and anelka

the difference now is that the squad has greater depth and resiliance

so imho Gary Nevilles statement is correct of the 1st team but not of the squad as a whole which I agree is better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We'll see. When the chips are down, the mercinary part of a foreign player comes out (eg Overmars, Petit, Anelka, Vivas, Silviniho...)

Lets not forget Viera's form early last season when the hierarchy at Highbury refused him permission to talk to ManU.

If the situation was reversed and any of the ManU players openly wanted to join the Ar$e, I'd be well pi$$ed - good job they show more loyalty. :

Thanks
    Karma Level

As for Gary Neville's comments, I think he has good reason for his opinions - MajorFU's right:

GK. Seaman 98 vs Seaman 02 - hmmm... both shite but the younger vintage was slightly more mobile.

RB. Dixon vs Lauren - Dixon has the edge with the British bulldog spirit. Both lack skill and technique though.

LB. Cole vs Winterburn - Cole dosen't know how to defend but better going forward, feigning injury, cheating and diving.

CB. Campbell vs Adams - both good, but Adams was a Highbury ledgend - Sol is just a JUDAS.

CB. Keown 98 vs Keown 02 - again more youthful version = better.

RM. Parlour vs Ljungberg - the Swede is better than the Turnip.

LM. Overmars vs Pires - in full flow, the flying Dutchman was nearly as good as Giggs.

CM. Viera 98 vs Viera 02 - this one has matured with age and improved - should re-request to join Man U in January to fulfil his potential.

CM. Petit vs Silva - from watching Silva so far, Petit was better.

CF. Berkamp 98 was getting close to reminding me of King Eric.

ST. Anelka vs Henry - in terms of finishing, not much difference.

Once ManU are back to full strength they will show that none of these Ar$e players can offer anything better.
    Last edited by honestDave; 30th September 2002 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the observations.

The only one I could potentially agree with is Overmaars vs Pires, as he was a very popular player. Pires though maybe not as fast, is acknowledged as one of the worlds best mid-fielders.... and had presence and skill that France missed in the worldcup.

Your arguements as to the current squad aren`t really valid.

Alot of the older players, Adams, Dixon, Keown, Parlour (both still playing) have been replaced or complimented by players equal if not better.

Admittedly was worried by Cygan replacing Keown after injury, however he proved to be very competent and possibly better than Keown in the Champions League and the subsequent match against Leeds match (no Bowyer puns please).

ST. Anelka vs Henry - in terms of finishing, not much difference

CM. Petit vs Silva - from watching Silva so far, Petit was better.

CB. Campbell vs Adams - both good, but Adams was a Highbury ledgend - Sol is just a JUDAS
    Henry definately has more skill, and is possibly a faster player.

`In terms of finishing, not much difference`. Isn`t the general idea of a striker to score goals, something maybe Forlan and Solskjaer should learn from.

Silva was possibly the premiereship bargain of the summer. A world cup winner who cost £4.5 million, and settled into the squad in under a couple of weeks. Petit was also a worldcup winner for the season in question, but Silva adds more flare and allows Viera to get up field. Two goals, and a form far superior to Verons can`t be sniffed at.

Campbell, true his move wouldn`t have gone down well with Tottenham fans. But he readily admitted that he wanted to change club in order to gain more experience and win competitions - helping to bag the premiereship title and FA Cup in his first year with the club.

JUDAS, yes maybe. But didn`t someone else recently join Man Utd for a £30 million fee who is a Centre Back.... and is now tagged with the same title?

Viera joining Man Utd, there were no talks and the reports were purely speculation in the press.... remember how Man Utd got Rio?

Us sell Viera to Man Utd, there`d be as much chance as Man Utd selling a star player to either Arsenal or Liverpool. Its just not realistically gonna happen. He would have been sold abroad to Real Madrid more readily than Man Utd.

And I hate to disappoint you:

http://www.soccernet.com/england/new...afcvieira.html

Once ManU are back to full strength they will show that none of these Ar$e players can offer anything better.
    Hmmmm.... Both Arsenal and Liverpool beat Man Utd last year and that was with Roy Keane in the squad..... he may possibly be banned from playing for 3 months on 15th October.

Now the team is stronger, I fully expect for us to equal if not better last years Old Trafford result unless we sustain alot of injuries.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its so mentally stimulating when a total pratt answers posts without having read or understood them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

MajorFU, you make as much sense as Man Utd purchasing Forlan.

Arsenal weaker than they were 4 years ago, ask any non-Man Utd fan and they`ll tell you the truth.

When you get Leeds players saying that on the performance of Saturday we`re the strongest team in Europe - you can`t really argue with that.

Last edited by PSXRing; 1st October 2002 at 11:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast