Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default PC Does Not Redirect_ Why?

hi.

Have windows 98SE IE 6 P3 550, and over the last 2 months, i have had this problem. When i post this message, it says thank you but does not redirect me to my posted message, i have to click manunally. If i go to a web site and says it is redirecting, my PC does not redirect.

I have also noticed when i try and load Flight Sim Pro 2000 it just hangs and does not load, and this is with other games. Do i need to reformat my harddrive, if so how do i do it please.

So pissed of now!

Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

if formatting, insert the windows 98 boot disk restart computer, let it load, then it should propmt you with C:\ in ms dos

type in format C:\ or what ever the drive is, give it time to reformat, insert the win 98 cd and restart, then let it load from the boot and when it gets to C:\ type in the cd drive name (e:\,d:\,f:\ etc) and type in setup

if it prompts you with

start with cd support or something like that, i normally click no support, cant remember what it exactly says as im using xp
    K7S5A Socket A,_AMD Athlon 1800,_64mb mx400 gforce2,_256x2 DDR Ram,_Maxtor 40gb HDD,_Excelstor 20gb HDD,_C-Media AC97 Sound,_Exhaust Fan,_Blue heat sink. Blue and Yellow Cables,_450 watt ATX,_Server Case with side Perspex panel,_Liteon 40/12/48 CDRW,_Liteon 16x DVD,_Toshiba Floppy,_56k PCLINE LUCENT modem,_XP PRO,_Sony 15" TFT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: PC Does Not Redirect_ Why?

Have windows 98SE IE 6 P3 550, and over the last 2 months, i have had this problem. When i post this message, it says thank you but does not redirect me to my posted message, i have to click manunally. If i go to a web site and says it is redirecting, my PC does not redirect.
    That is because you have scripting turned off in your Internet Settings menu. Not a problem with IE. It is supposed to do what you tell it.

I have also noticed when i try and load Flight Sim Pro 2000 it just hangs and does not load, and this is with other games. Do i need to reformat my harddrive, if so how do i do it please.
    First of all, this is not directly related to this problem, but it might be a good idea to get IE 6 Service Pack 1 download. It will probably fix a lot of things for you and you wont even know it.

As for Windows, a reinstall wont necessarily fix this if it is a problem with the games configuration itself.
    Instead of reformating your HD (which is really a stupid thing to do unless your windows is either virus laden or totally screwed), you can just uninstall the game, erase its folders, then re-install it.
    Some programs don't install right the first time, this may be due to another problem on the system or simply wrong configuration.

If you have to re-install windows don't reformat. Just put in the Windows CD and run setup.exe from my computer. This will do a maintenance install (system repair) with out deleting any thing.
    Try this first ...then think about reformating.

(never play with the format command unless you know exactly what you are doing, it will erase all your data)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for your reply guys.

I think i will try tinman, idea first and see what happens. And if that fails i will come back to you. Ok here goes!!!!

Chipping..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, so far i have DL IE6 service pack 1. Also done a maintenance install and things do seem to be working better.

But still have the above problems.
    Does not redirect at all.
    Have noticed as well which i forgot to say, when i reboot my system it hangs for 20 seconds then a grey box comes up and says " Notification WND for RNadmin, this program is not respnding it may be waiting for another program. When i click end task on the grey box my pc reboots as it should.

What is causing this problem???

Thanks
    Karma Level

look in your startup for something with that or similar name and uncheck it.
    You should find the start up programs using MSCONFIG utility

Social Networking Bookmarks