Close

Thread: Soltek ? ?

Termy

Default Soltek ? ?

I currently have the Soltek SL-75KAV KT133A Socket A ATA-100 ATX motherboard. The maximum processor it can take is 1.5gig and my m8 has offered me the 1800xp (with heatsink and fan) which is 1.53. Would this board take the processor ? ?

And if so is there any modifications that I'll need to do ? ?

Many thanx for all replies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

From www.soltek.com.tw

Q Does SL-75KAV support Athlon XP 2200+, 2400, and 2600+?
    A SL-75KAV supports Athlon XP 2200+, 2400+ and 2600+ if its PCB version is F1 or later, however the latest BIOS Q10 still can't recognize the Athlon XP 2400+ and 2600+. We will release the new BIOS as soon as we finish its BIOS compatibility test.

Q Can SL-75KAV support Processor AMD XP?
    A Presently, only PCB Version F1 or later of SL-75KAV supports Processor AMD XP. PCB Version F5 is the latest engineering version of SL-75KAV. The older versions of this mainboard Ax to Ex will have compatibility problem with AMD XP due to some circuitry specification problem with AMD requirements.

Each Soltek mainboard is marked with an engineering PCB Version, which can be easily found at the left upper corner of the board.

So, as long as you have an F series board, and you check the BIOS version, you can put that XP chip in.

Termy

Cheers m8, thats sorted.

Many thanx for your speedy reply