Close

Thread: eec & turkey

ABCMan

Default eec & turkey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2298639.stm turkey is not been admitted to the eec at this time, BUT the eec states that turkey needs more aid in order to get its economy up to a standard that it is compatable.

odd how it mentions nothing about how much aid isn't it? well if you can read german check t-online's news site, there it quotes aid in the region of €150 million and i think thats per year, but my german aint that good

thats ANOTHER €150 million of our money going to prop up another moslem country so they can become part of european society and i'd guess no one would expect turkey to be expected to pay much into the eec so guess who will get left to pay the feckin bill.

Thanks
    Karma Level

tbh abcman I'd rather have the turks into the EU than some of the eastern european countries (or even the greeks tho they are already in) The standard of education in turkey is actually extraordinarily high (for a 2nd world country) and especially in Germany they make up a large number of the skilled workforce.

anyway i love turkish food lol - and the money would have been spent on the f*cking french peasants anyway - so i'm not too bothered. As long as we remain in the EU we are haemorraging cash at the rate of £40 billion a year - we should just distance ourselves from the whole organisation
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Snak3
    tbh abcman I'd rather have the turks into the EU than some of the eastern european countries (or even the greeks tho they are already in)
    @Snak3
    WHAT? you'd rather have turks in than greeks?? I'm sorry but that's disgusting IMO. What have the turks done for anyone and can't you remember that violence we experienced with leeds? And if you think kebabs are Turkish you're wrong Turkish food is nice admittedly but if it wasn't for the Turks Greece would be quite prosperous, and look they are still more prosperous than Turkey!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Boot the filthy turks out, they've still got the blood of 2 Leeds fans on their hands. They are scum.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i suppose that my opinion is biased on account of the cyprus question - the indigenous turks were treated appalingly when the greeks tried to stage their coup in 1974 - the turks had every right to invade.
    "The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

When the Greeks had a revolution during Turkish occupation the Greeks managed to defeat Turkey and nearly reach Istanbul. Strangely though it was ok for the Turks who are scum to occupy Greece but when Greece did the same the Allies esp. USA got involved because of their airbases. Typical.

Thanks
    Karma Level

40TH YEAR OF TURKISH IMMIGRATION TO GERMANY

Germany celebrated on Tuesday an agreement signed 40 years ago with Turkey inviting workers to help rebuild its postwar economy, but admitted that more must be done to improve their integration. About 6,800 Turkish workers came in the first year of the deal, signed on October 30, 1961. The influx accelerated after that, until West Germany closed its doors in 1973 as unemployment spiralled during the global oil crisis that year. Today, Germany's Turkish community numbers almost 2.5 million-the biggest minority group in a population of some 82 million. "The Turkish population in Germany has not only contributed considerably to the success of the German economy in the past, but it also helps to secure our prosperity today as taxpayers, consumers, investors and entrepreneurs," Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder said in a statement. /Turkish Daily News/

http://www.byegm.gov.tr/YAYINLARIMIZ...0x31.HTM#%2010

6800 to 2.5 million in 40 years :shock:
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@yankee quote: 'What have the turks done for anyone '
    What have the greeks done for anyone?

Thanks
    Karma Level

@way2gud4u
    Consider any modern western alphabet, arithmatic and astronomy - just about all of it originated in Greece. Also Christianity - which is the world's biggest religion. What has any country done? There is always a first for everything and I would have to say that until someone proves me wrong the Turks haven't done anything.

Thanks
    Karma Level

say that until someone proves me wrong the Turks haven't done anything.
    yes they have theyve bred like rabbits in Germany .

6800 to 2.5 million in 40 years
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@yankee, i dont agree that it all originated from greece but i take ur point. Greece deserve their place in the EU for what they did over a thousand years ago.

Wat is ur point about Christianity?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christianity, I'm pretty sure, started amongst the Greeks as Greek Orthodox, and Roman Catholic was later founded. The spilt of the Roman Empire lated resulted in Greek Orthodox becoming less popular than Roman Catholic due to the victory of the Western side of the Empire.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christianity started with Jesus Christ in the roman empire.

EDIT: roman empire, not times
    Last edited by Porthos; 6th October 2002 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will research this and get back to you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I came across this on google search.

http://www.truthbeknown.com/origins.htm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by yankee
    Christianity, I'm pretty sure, started amongst the Greeks as Greek Orthodox, and Roman Catholic was later founded. The spilt of the Roman Empire lated resulted in Greek Orthodox becoming less popular than Roman Catholic due to the victory of the Western side of the Empire.
    you've got to be kidding right? ever heard of Israel/palestine? ever heard of 'jesus of nazareth'? all these places are in modern-day israel, the roman province of palestine.

to put the record straight the Roman Catholic and the Greek Orthodox churches were founded at around the same time following teh schism in the roman empire.
    Clive James

Thanks
    Karma Level

is that sufficient research?

Thanks
    Karma Level

no but I'll go with it until I find something. I'm pretty sure it was the greeks.