Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Got WD 120 GB HDD for 19.99 + tax from OM AR/AC/PM

this is blatanlty ripped from fatwallet.com it workedfor me, i did it this morning, i did what they did but i also added a $30/150 staples printable coupon.
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0109556
    now microcenter is a B&M store also, so if you have one near you it should be NP, otherwise youll have to try to bring in the printout to a store, or call them over the phone.
    i went to OM, saw drive for 250, showed them the printout of from the website, keeping in mind there is a MC store about 15 minutes away, and that price is legit, they could call to verify, they didnt even do that. Showed them the $30/150 coupon, also NP. Very nice. So 119.99 out the door, $100 rebate = 19.99 + tax
    Best HDD deal ive scored on yet.
    http://images.officemax.com/pdf/2002_09/WD_1.pdf - Rebate

Staples 30/150 printable coupon, use this if your doing it in store, OM accepts competitors coupons
    Click on the link and put any made up email address in the "Your e-mail" address box and put your own email address in the "Friends e-mail" address box and Staples will send you a email coupon in about 5 minutes

http://profile.flonetwork.com/staple...TAF&emailaddr=

And finally, if you do this deal over the phone and want an OM 30/150 for phone/online orders, here
    Over Phone Offer Number Coupons
    phone, fax, online

$25 off $125 Offer Number A-9019 Expires 9/21/02
    $30 off $150 Offer Number A-8780 thx GuyWhoPMED ME
    $50 off $250 Offer Number A-8781 thx GuyWhoPMED ME
    expiration unknown for some above 12/31/02 for some

www.officemax.com/special/req28A

note** if you get the PM and wanna use the coupon, you may have to buy a pen or papaerlcips to get it from 149.99 to 150

as always, YMMV
    good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanx a lot! ill go try this tmrw at OM

btw, u may have problems doing this online
    since OM doesnt seem to offer the 120 gig
    model online

Thanks
    Karma Level

uhh did anyone else not understand what the fuck he is saying?

Thanks
    Karma Level

just read one of the threads over at fatwallet.com This is a legitimate deal at either Best Buy or Office Max.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, I couldn't get the idiots at the DEERFIELD, IL location to pricematch the MicroCenter ad...... sucks!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by p i m p
    uhh did anyone else not understand what the fuck he is saying?
    LOL!!!! Thanks for the chuckle dude

Don't bother with it, OfficeMax and BB are hip to what people are doing, at least by me they are, and refuse to pricematch the Microcenter AD...

Thanks
    Karma Level

didn't work here in Dallas either..tried two officemax's..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yesterday, went to two different Best Buys...the first one was going to do the pricematch but they called Micro Center and they were out of stock. Second Best Buy I went to didn't have any 120GB in stock...so, still having my rebate receipts from Best Buy in hand I go to Circuit City. Circuit City gave me 110% off so I was out the door with a drive for $139 and $120 of rebate receipts from Best Buy.

Went to OfficeMax today...they said they would do the pricematch but not the $30 off $150 coupon...so I said "no where in your pricematch policy does it say anything about that." So the manager agrees to do the pricematch & coupon. He goes in the back to get a drive and comes back saying they are out of stock. Gotta go to another OfficeMax.....

Go to another OfficeMax nearby. Talk to the store manager...he said someone else had already come in today wanting the same deal and he rejected them. I told him the other store was gonna give it to me and to call the manager over there. He was like what the hell is Micro Center and where are they located...fortunately I had a copy of the printed flyer because Micro Center is about 10mi away. I kept nagging him and he finally gave it to me...guess he didn't want to call...lol. Out the door with drive for $119. Be persistant...

Thanks
    Karma Level

i was persistent..but i couldn't argue after a certain point..the manager was being a FUCKTARD at one of the OM's here..

i went to another one about an hour ago..manager was so freakin cool..he did the pm and coupon..he told me he would only do 100% of the pm and not 115% since microcenter wasn't an office supply store..fine with me..walked out with drive for 129.99 including taxes..gotta mail that $100 rebate out tomorrow

i went with a friend but they had only 1 drive...we reserved one more at another store nearby and he has a copy of my receipt so the deal should hopefully go through

phew..what a bunch of asswipes....you call the 800 number for offmax that's on their site and they are willing to do the pm and coupon right away...no objections..if the stores give you a hard time, just fax the Microcenter ad and the staples coupon to offmax.com and they will review it and call you to confirm your order

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by eh_wtf

phew..what a bunch of asswipes....you call the 800 number for offmax that's on their site and they are willing to do the pm and coupon right away...no objections..if the stores give you a hard time, just fax the Microcenter ad and the staples coupon to offmax.com and they will review it and call you to confirm your order
    called the officemax 800 twice, and they said no pm to microcenter, so I guess it is luck of the draw on who you get on the phone..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went today and the manager said pricematches only to staples and office depot. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    Karma Level

muadib: i called them twice..and both times they said yes..they will pricematch..but only 100% and not 115% since Microcenter isn't an office superstore

If the manager says that they can't match..say that you would like to do a phone order from the store..get a rep on the line and tell them the manager is bitching about pricematching..they will talk and resolve the situation..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got the deal today with only the 100% pricematch, the guy said he couldnt take the 30 dollar off becuase that would be 2 offers. So I just took what i could get , only cost 59 bucks after rebate, still good

Thanks
    Karma Level

If the manager says that they can't match..say that you would like to do a phone order from the store..get a rep on the line and tell them the manager is bitching about pricematching..they will talk and resolve the situation..
    So the shit about only office depot and staples is bull?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by PLtNmHeLiX

So the shit about only office depot and staples is bull?

muadib: i called them twice..and both times they said yes..they will pricematch..but only 100% and not 115% since Microcenter isn't an office superstore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got deal tonight, but with Best Buy - Only difference, no $30 Staples coupon, but BB has $120MIR (instead of just $100MIR), so you end up getting drive for $29+tax , instead of $19+tax w/Staples coupon. I can live with that as OfficeMax was giving me headaches....

BB will pricematch Microcenter, and that is all that matters....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Muadib

Got deal tonight, but with Best Buy - Only difference, no $30 Staples coupon, but BB has $120MIR (instead of just $100MIR), so you end up getting drive for $29+tax , instead of $19+tax w/Staples coupon. I can live with that as OfficeMax was giving me headaches....

BB will pricematch Microcenter, and that is all that matters....
    ya got a link to the BB rebate?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by PLtNmHeLiX

ya got a link to the BB rebate?

Everything you need is here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...keyword1=120GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

its only the 2mb buffer drive? bah

Thanks
    Karma Level

120 gb hd for this litttle i don't give fuck if it's only a 2mb buffer. About the rebates, isn't it two seperate rebates and you need a UPC code for each?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks